Art, Craft and Needlework, January, 2022

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, January, 2022

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:40 am

Harriet that is lovely!

I have been knitting on a blue ombre ascot scarf I am to the 2nd plaquet and after that to the last fourth of it and the decreases.taa daa it is done!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:23 am

It's true paper piecing can take some time, plus you're taking as long choosing fabrics as with a larger project. But it's kind of calming, one thing after another, follow the lines on the papers. Satisfying to see the finish on the other side. This project needed to stay flat and thin, so I didn't stitch any of the seams of the mini quilt squares to another. No turning them into bulky seams, harder to stitch and press. I cut scant one-inch sashing strips and put the little sashing in between instead (quick to do) and that way each mini quilt square lies flat.

I doubt handmade bookmarks are the best gift choice for a lot of people, you know? :| (I wish they were, because they are a pleasant small project to make, and always seem wholesome.) But dd42 is the ideal type of reader to whom you can give variety bookmarks. A constantly changing stack of all kinds of novels is on her coffee table waiting on her. And reading is her private time. She looks forward to it like a reward, sometimes with a fancy (to me) coffee, that sort of thing.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:19 pm

Harriet… m a book marker type person and have always loved reading as a reward. While teaching I could hardly read for pleasure during the school year so I made up for it during the summer.

Now that I am retired there is seldom a day that goes by that I don’t read. I don’t consider it a hobbie, but a passion. I started reading in third grade when I discovered the Nancy drew books and then realized what the purpose of the library was. I’d ride my bike there after school, it was a half a block away, spend time looking through all the books and filled my bikes basket with three books. That was the limit back then.

Now I fill a material made bag with 8-10 books at a time. Got to figure out where the new library is and take a trip there.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “The Creative Home”