Art, Craft, and Needlework - May 2009

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Indiana

Art, Craft, and Needlework - May 2009

Postby Indiana » Tue May 19, 2009 5:43 pm

Please be gentle with me I'm not as eloquent as Harriet.

She gets the creativity to bloom in all of us.

I thought of our quilters when I read my DMC email today. Monopoly has a new version called Quilt-opoly.

"Players pick their favorite quilting game pieces and move around the “blocks” collecting Quilting Techniques and Block Designs to create their very own quilting empire! However, they must be careful that they don't pick the “You sewed the seams uneven and now the points don't match” game card or they will have to go to “Rip Out Seam” without passing “Start Quilting” and collecting $200. And they must not forget to attend the “National Quilt Show”, who knows, their quilt could win the grand prize. Players get chances to “Go Shopping” and look in the “Fabric Stash” pile of game cards that keeps the play fun and exciting. They can also flip the deed cards over and get inspration from the quilt block designs to create beautiful quilts! Game includes directions for standard play or shorter version."

Here is a link...

http://www.shopdmc.com/specqtp09s.html

Twins' Mom

Re: Art, Craft, and Needlework - May 2009

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 22, 2009 1:00 pm

Cards I made this morning...
cards 003.JPG
cards 002.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri May 22, 2009 10:07 pm

Twins the cards are beautiful and are so special.

Lisa B.

Postby Lisa B. » Sat May 23, 2009 8:06 am

I second Indiana's comment Twins, the cards are beautiful.
“The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” ~ Amelia Earhart
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand

sherinjoy

Postby sherinjoy » Sat May 23, 2009 12:09 pm

WOW - Twins - those cards are amazing! I am an amateur card maker compared to you, but I am inspired to try something daring now to move me forward in crafting. Thanks for sharing your art.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat May 23, 2009 11:49 pm

Twins, those cards are so pretty! What a wonderful talent you have!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 27, 2009 10:46 am

Great progress gals
I'm currently knitting on a camo scarf
for dgson.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 27, 2009 11:42 am

Scarf will be appreciated, Nancy - fun idea. Even my dd10 loves things in camo.

Those are framable, Twins!

What can my mom93 sit and do, do you guys suppose? Handwriting is still very good, so I think she has dexterity. She's never learned to crochet or knit, never much had the desire for that. Her twin was always the artsy one - oils, watercolors - and funny as it seems, they did not dabble in the other's interests so she never picked up an art brush except for school. She would not be able to sit up to the sewing machine or lay out patterns anymore. She was a first-grade teacher, did always love pencil drawings, teaching little ones beginner-basics like remembering ears on a person's face, including shoes, etc. Only thing I can think of is drawing pad?? Frankly, she needs to be able to put items down quickly and make a bathroom exit when needed, so bear that in mind!

PTherapist was the most recent person to comment, today, that sitting and watching CNN all day seems depressing. (But my mom does love current events.) I think the remote is a real puzzle for her and she never can find anything else to watch anyway, doesn't want to turn tv completely off because something interesting may happen ... ...
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Thu May 28, 2009 10:35 am

Harriet ~ Jigsaw puzzles? There are absolutely gorgeous ones out these days in lots of different sizes. Easy to walk away from, can watch tv at the same time, and an activity she and your DDad could do together, as well as your DD joining in sometimes.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu May 28, 2009 10:50 am

Harriet would your dmom be interested in doing an oral history full of the storeis from her life? I thought too of all the changes that have come about during her lifetime.

Some of her sketches could go along with the information and she could do them at the same time.

I like the idea of the jigsaw puzzles.

Return to “The Creative Home”