Art, Craft and Needlework, May, 2022

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Art, Craft and Needlework, May, 2022

Postby Harriet » Sun May 01, 2022 12:12 pm

“The chief enemy of creativity is good sense.”
― Pablo Picasso

Have you been burdened by good sense lately? Come and unburden yourself with us. ;)

“Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... now you tell me what you know.”
― Groucho Marx

Tell what you know - the rest of us have no idea until we hear from you, what wonderful thing you are cooking up in your studio.

“Everyone is born creative; everyone is given a box of crayons in kindergarten. Then when you hit puberty they take the crayons away and replace them with dry, uninspiring books on algebra, history, etc. Being suddenly hit years later with the 'creative bug' is just a wee voice telling you,
'I'd like my crayons back, please.”
― Hugh MacLeod

Hoping that May allows you to ꧁ღ blossom ღ꧂ like a new box of Crayola-colors!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, May, 2022

Postby Nancy » Mon May 02, 2022 2:10 pm

Working up a few fabric gift bags 5+ nearly done they just need draw strings.
One is a do over I am ripping it apart to seam up the other direction. :roll:
I cut pressed the fabric for the mext batch of bags.
Spiffed up enough to find my prefilled bobbins.

I know today in 18 mph winds it is way more fun to sew than garden today!

Got the do over one re-done.
Seamed up the next batch of them.
They all need draw strings put in them after I do a small opening with the seam ripper in the side seam in the top hem area first.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun May 22, 2022 9:26 am

Getting some photos of my flowers has been another creative part of my gardening. I've learned that the bright sunshine makes you think (feel?) that your plants are happy and pretty, but it isn't always what you want for showing outdoor color in a photo! Washes out the beauty if you're not careful. A row of impatiens in the shade has been the best shot I've gotten lately.

I had been impressed with other's photos I've seen, of looking down a row of flowers from the side, and so I'm kind of trying to document how these grow. Right now, still small, but they'll be bushy later in the summer I think, and show off more.

Baskets are easier to photograph prettily, because you can see how you could move them around, turn differently, and show how nice they can look.

Maybe I will be less burdened by good sense over the summer! :)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 28, 2022 8:46 am

I have been paper crafting with my Happy Planner journals purged old ones setting up new ones getting my book case in order.
Zone work in my creativity room has migrated to the dining table. I had to corral that and got my stuff put away when I was done so the table
is now back to normal. Getting my personal planning retreat idea for the weekend was a winner! I prepped some special foods. I have June to get ready for in my bujo next week a hp is on the way. I was sort of in an ack moment when I realized there were only a week left in my journal and I had none on hand to use next and there were none at the store or Amz. place. Luckily there was a sale for Mem. Day weekend and they got some back in stock yea! With rain cold weather I am happy I have inside stuff to do.

I got the last two of four pillow cases hemmed this weekend so happy to be able to write about that!
Sewing is a great activity on these kinds of days. Glad I did outside stuff ahead of the storms. :mrgreen:
I have dragon fly print fabric to work up next maybe a tote for my planners!

Return to “The Creative Home”