Art, Craft and Needlework, June 2022

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Art, Craft and Needlework, June 2022

Postby Harriet » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:36 am

This is the place to report on the fun stuff!

What has your creative juices flowing this month? Do you have a new technique you're mastering? Is there a new project that you're planning? Or are you delighted to be completing some UnFinished Objects and feeling virtuous?

If you've gotten any compliments on your art, here's the place to brag! We really want to hear. If you've taken a picture you'd like to share, we'd love it if you would let us see!

Twins' Mom

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, June 2022

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:13 am

Should report that I made two lovely wedding cards on Monday. So we have one for the wedding this weekend and I have an extra. I'm considering purchasing some ink pads and or re-inkers. Some of my ink pads, in theory, could be nearing 15 years old. Most of the early ones were retired when newer colors came out and there's a much more efficient style of ink pad now. It's frustrating to try out ink pads to find one that "juicy" enough for stamping. I do have some re-inkers, and for the newer ink pads I could purchase re inkers.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:31 pm

Twins your cards that I have seen are beautiful; I'm sure these are also.

I have tried sending a picture of my Stitching A Round icons that I have done so far, but the picture size is too large for me to reduce enough. I finally figured out how to post on the Facebook page. It looked like it showed up in case anyone wants to see.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:17 pm

I drew up some ideas I got for new layouts in my bujo. This week!
I was pleased with them.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:41 pm

Twins', I agree that your cards are bound to be wonderful and keepsakes to those who receive them. Glad you found that time. By the way, you deserve to be able to keep up with the supplies you really want! Especially since you have been SO patient putting up with recent frustration otherwise!

Sunny,
I wish I knew how to tell you to fix that problem. Anyway, it's very cool you have had this ongoing project to look forward to so often. How far in advance have you planned your images, or do you just spontaneously come up with them?

Sounds creative, Nancy. Change keeps things fresh-feeling, especially in something you turn to all the time.

I experimented with more garden photography today that I'm sending to dd23 as we consider the difference in same-position photos taken at broad daylight and nearer to dusk. So interesting. She had picked a spot from which to photograph when she was here. Beyond a doubt, the late-day photo of almost every plant is more attractive and more crisp, maybe because there is no shadowing to confuse the eye. Plants that look spindly in bright sunlight, so unforgiving, at dusk will look more like what the eye really saw at midday. The dusk photos, however, give a little bit of a surprise change of colors - not wrong, just softer. Purple blossoms get bluer, maybe? Of course she once had a class in this, and I'm flying by the seat of my pants, lol.

This reminds me of two things:
1) gardening videos I have seen in which the presenter mentions they are disappointed in the time of day but had to go ahead and film, or mentions they put off filming.
2) Also reminds me of several times I've doubted the truthfulness :roll: of some growers who show a photo of a very blue-looking flower (which would be more rare) that I've already grown and know is purple! Maybe they weren't telling tales so much as being savvy about their photos!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:54 pm

I carded up a dab of sage green wool and spun it up today.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:09 pm

I carded up a small amount of wool this morning. I have some sample pieces, today a nice pink color.
More green wool worked into yarn today a lighter brighter shade.
When I cleaned a shelf in the linen closet I realize that I have already done quite a bit on Christmas in July projects,
like the knit red white and green knit wrap, also a chrochet one in the same red white and green colors.

Plus the holiday fabric print bags I seamed up this past winter.

What a nice surprise!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:11 pm

I want to design some art cards with affirmations on them to draw up.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:59 pm

Harriet, I was posting from my phone and the resolution will not decrease enough. There is a program on my laptop I can use once I download my pictures from my phone to reduce resolution enough to post.

I am enjoying the stitching. This project is meant to record an image each day of some meaningful thing that one has experienced that day, or of some random thing that "strikes your fancy". My life is quiet enough that I've decided instead of sewing something each day to stitch an icon that represents whatever event that I've experienced. For instance: we went to see Downton Abbey at the movies so I will stitch a movie screen with the curtains; a graduation cap with the initials of my dgrson and dnephew who graduated high school this June; I've done an airplane and the Sunshine Skyway bridge to represent my trip here; etc. I am also including birthdays of family members by stitching their initials and the day of the month; also have two hearts intertwined with the initials of each of my dsons/ddils anniversary dates.

The birthdays/anniversaries I knew in advance, so I planned them for those months. I also did a red heart for Valentine's Day, a shamrock for St. Patrick's day, I'll do a fireworks spray for 4th of July. But the others will come along as it happens!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:50 pm

I have been in the crafting zone she cave basement, rec room I cut out a top, deciding on a blue piece and other print for table coverig (s).
Next need to start a hot pad.
Rainy days are good for this!

Got that top done yea!
Started a hot pad. It is half way dine now.
I am encouraged to do another project!

I got wool carded and first half of it is nearly spun up now.
Some spinning has happened today.
1st hot pad in this set is done.
I have started the next one and have 5 ish rows done on it.

Return to “The Creative Home”