Art, Craft and Needlework, July, 2022

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, July, 2022

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:47 pm

Nancy, I think it's worth it to make sure to have nightwear we actually like and that feels comfortable. If you can make what you really want, so much the better.

I continue to love photographing in the garden and yard. Today there was a brand-new bee/butterfly (I thought) which turned out to be a Snowberry Clearwing Moth, which I've never seen. It's like a mini hummingbird in the way it moves, wings going so fast. I had no idea I'd have time to run in to the house and get back to get photos but I did. I managed to get a photo of the wings spread in front of one of the Bubblegum petunia blooms so that you can see the pattern of the "lace" of the wings.

Thinking about the "make sure you have fun" quote, I really do have fun with this creative project, and laugh at myself a bit.

Yes, for the sake of practice and learning, we can toss things, can't we, Nancy? LOL A bunch of delete-able photos today when the moth was considerably faster than the woman!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:06 pm

Got pattern for pjs cut out will be capris but that is okay, next time I'll have to get more yardage.
Got PJ's cut out.
Pinned the first two seams to sew up on pj's. It's progress.

Triangle granny shawl has been disguarded and I watched a couple more you tube videos and have gotten
this project restarted and learning what I needed to tweak, still using practice yarn however.

AC has occupied my time but being down stairs I have gotten some cleaning in and project prep.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:59 am

I have seamed up pj's and this pattern works yea!
Last time I had forgotten to add the 2" at the top for casing so I ditched that pattern this one has it on already.
I did not really need pj's but I did want to try out that pattern!
They are a big baggy like lounge pants but that is fine.
The sewing room was stuffy this morning, it is either too cold or stuffy it seems.

Return to “The Creative Home”