*** Holiday Planning 2022 ***

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

*** Holiday Planning 2022 ***

Postby Harriet » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:34 pm

★˛˚˛*˛°.˛*˛°˛.*★˚˛*˛°.˛*˛°˛*★ Holiday *★* 。*˛.
˛★_██_*.。*../ ♥ \ .˛* .˛。.˛.*.★* Season Is *★ 。*
˛. (´• ̮•)*.°。*/♫.♫\*˛.* ˛_Π_____. ♥ On Its Way ♥ ˛* ˛*
.°( . • . ) ˛°˛/• '♫ ' •\.˛*/______/~\*. ˛*.。˛* ˛.*。
* (...'•'.. )°*˛°╬╬╬╬╬˛°|田田 |門|╬╬╬╬╬*˚ .˛ ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're going to have to acknowledge the calendar! It is pointing the way!

If you're really on your game this year, maybe you're ALREADY looking at a plan/calendar you enjoy and may have on hand.

However ...

As our own CEO shared with us earlier, she is bringing her site "Organized Home" to a close. So those pages won't be linkable any longer.

Her very nice letter of change and future is here.

For the holidays, of course, CEO's own writings and her site were a repository of knowledge and planning for so long. She eventually hosted a total of 3 holiday planning schedules on her site, the oldest being the venerable Holiday Grand Plan, written, I believe, by Katie Leckey, to which CEO gave a welcome home.

The others were
The House and Holiday Plan, formerly known as The Houseworks Holiday Plan, and
The Christmas Countdown, specifically for Christmas planning in just 6 weeks.

For reference, I've posted for us again in the current Art, Craft and Needlework thread (September) beside this thread, the "shorthand" of the creative gift-giving/decor aspect of the Holiday Grand Plan that I posted in 2009. HGP always started about this time of year (end of August) and I thought those brief notes might be helpful this month, and give us the flavor of starting the HGP plan, which many of us did in so many past autumns.

Please use this forum to let us know either your own plans or the plans that you are using, and any progress you are making! :) And if you have other references for us, do let us know.

We're interested in "how big" your holidays will be this year - in what way are you, perhaps, cutting back, OR in what ways are you going gangbusters into your favorite heartwarming, ~~~ scary ~~~, tummy-filling or partying calendar goal?

Don't forget that if you choose to create handmade gifts and/or decor, that right beside this thread, the Art, Craft and Needlework thread posters definitely want to hear about your creativity! :idea:

:idea: :idea: To refer to your own previous thoughts, reminders, ideas, menus, we're blessed to still be able to do that through previous Holiday Planning threads. Just scroll down the Creative Home forum topics to find 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, etc.

Harmony

Re: *** Holiday Planning 2022 ***

Postby Harmony » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:12 pm

I'll be the first to post in this thread.

Talking with DD about Thanksgiving. She had called while I was out yesterday and unavailable, talked with DH who got all this planning mixed up. Their plans, which we're invited to attend for a few days, is probably 4 hours away, all interstate driving. Straightening out DH for this holiday, he is disinclined to make the trip. I know if I say we can do it, lets try, he will go but I'm just not sure what to do. We would be able to see 1 XSiL who wants to host, 3 DGSons and 1 DGDiL and one DD. Otherwise we will be on our own here.

Take a deep breath. Look at the maps, think hard. How do we make a decision like this?

What's everybody doing for Thanksgiving?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:18 pm

My son is hosting Thanksgiving 1.3 mi. away and in-laws will be there bigger crowd as dgd is engaged.
I got a meat stick they can use it with the charcuterie board. I will need to slice it on one of my breaks.
I did up a cranberry cheesecake made with stevia instead of sugar. Been thinking on it for a while but turned out yea!

------
OMM / do up cranberry rolls for Christmas for me to have here next time I do up bread dough with
the rest of that can. Trying to think what I want to do for Christmas for me Church is on Cmas eve so I need to have some sort of plan
in place. Rolls what kind of meat and an activity. My Bible study may need some catch up so will keep that in mind.
Got myself a crock pot so I can use it for food when I decide what I want to make. :mrgreen:

I have all but two of the holiday items upstairs so I can decorate in Dec.
Cards are made out except for two.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:45 pm

Thanksgiving plans keep changing around me, but I am not able to be in charge anyway. We all agreed that this year we've been seeing each other a lot to "watch" me, up until now lol, and so it's okay not to have a big moment.

Bugs out in the world, one way or another, are impacting everyone.

Dd42's family WAS going to in-laws ahead of the actual holiday, returning in time for the day here. That idea, though, went out the window for them because her dsister-in-law's family is sick (this dsisil is pivotal because she's the one with the space to have houseguests AND the one with the special-needs toddler). Dd will cook here for her own household, then, after a spur-of-the-moment grocery trip, but not try to suddenly invite others.

Ds' family plans are completely up in the air now that our green-eyed boy's tummy troubles have morphed into fever. They probably won't try to do anything with anyone.

Dstepson was unsure of plans last time we talked because his in-law family was having trouble deciding whether their matriarch was well enough to attend anything, and how far she could travel. If he and dstepdil are actually home, they might do something spontaneous and share with us.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:10 pm

I am trying to decide if I am going to mix up cookie dough or not for rolled cookies.
I have one cake mix so I can do one up if dgd is here and wants to do that.
I have a biscuit mix, and 2 muffin mixes so that will be a fast mix up. Not sure if I have cup cake papers or not I need to look might use parchment paper in a pinch, or do a coffee cake instead that works too.
I have two candy cane cheese cake mixes so dgd can do those up if she wanted to as well.
I have Christmas cookie cutters here.

I have the holiday decor items all upstairs now so that helps.

Return to “The Creative Home”