Art, Craft and Needlework, November, 2022

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Art, Craft and Needlework, November, 2022

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:20 pm

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep - Scott Adams

Has some of your art come out of mistakes? We might call that serendipity - by happy surprise, we find that something pleases us artistically. But we didn't even know it was about to happen! What have you created that surprised you?

How are we doing on our plans for the holidays? Does anyone have decor crafting they are trying out, or Ta-Da reports on gifts they are making? Have you decided on a different wrap idea this year that others might be interested to hear? Do tell!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, November, 2022

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:28 pm

I ran out of yarn in the one color so getting a striped ascot scarf out of this project fun surprise! 1/3 done now with it.
Smaller projects now for less setting and focus on other things like writing projects.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:05 pm

I cut off jeans for a pretend hem, not for nice but everyday can have the frayed edge.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:00 pm

Brought the laminator over to this house finally. The boys were fine with it going. They never did think of a purpose for it, or perhaps didn't understand how it could help them. Here in our office supplies HRH easily found the laminating sheets that go with it. Anyway, all that is gathered together again for the first time since the move, for my own potential crafting again. I think there was an instruction sheet for the machine, but I should be able to find that online.

A card by dd24 is pretty much not going to happen this year after all. She's overwhelmed. I may try to get cards done otherwise, but am not sure. It's just a funny year.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:13 pm

I mended a jean quilt had to do it on two different days and three sessions had been putting it off.
So glad to have that project done yea! It was a job but it is really warm.

I have been attaching granny squares and have another throw /shawl in process of being put together.
Rows are put together now I need to attach the rows to each other.
Glad for this progress.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:35 pm

Some of my previously pressed flowers have lost their color, which is disappointing. (a mistake, or is it art... .. hmmmm) It's not that they are not still pretty, but they would make sepia-toned, neutral-colored gifts rather than bright. Thinking. Might be good for men's or boys' gifts, actually. Sophisticated? The small pansies (Johnny Jump Ups) never lose their color, it seems. Note to self - grow those often!

If I can get the Christmas cards done (which includes nagging HRH and dd24 successfully), I might be able to move on to other projects relatively soon.

Return to “The Creative Home”