Art, Craft and Needlework, December, 2022

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Dove

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, December, 2022

Postby Dove » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:54 am

It all looks so pretty, Kathryn. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:53 pm

I am using a couple of those ideas, Kathryn, thank you. My problem is not so much little hands with fragile ornaments but a tree of small scale with ornaments that need more space to show off, so the glass bowls and the string hanging thoughts will help me. I am impressed with your lighted shelf behind doors, so smart.

I finished the prototype of the star ornament from my template, made with just a variety of old Christmas cotton scraps. I think it's sweet but a little small and there's no reason to work with tedious shapes when I'd really like it larger anyway. I took a photo and put a spool and bobbin beside to show size. If I can, I'll post it. If I decide to do several of these, it would be easy to enlarge and would become easier with each one now that I know how.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:52 pm

I finished the last hot pad of the striped ones.
Next will be solid white.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:25 pm

I'm finally getting crafty time. I recall a dfriend once explaining to her dh that making greeting cards was my "art form."

This fall I bought a designer paper share. The SU demonstrator bought packages of every 12 x 12 designer paper (i.e. printed) in the fall catalog, cut each sheet into quarters and received two 6x6 sheets of every paper What fun to explore and play with! Each paper pack is in a separate clear envelope marked with name and what S tampin Up colors are used in the papers and I'd say more than half the packs are Christmassy. Too bad they don't do Hanukkah paper! One set has holly and bright poinsettias, one a nice Christmassy green diagonal with flecks of gold, another a nature theme with pine cones and foliage. And I have some nice ribbons, red and otherwise, for accents. It's a nice little creativity booster.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:47 am

CI ~ I got dish clothes and hot pads for the families to gift at Christmas they were well received.
I was so glad I found the ones I made up last summer when it was so hot out.
I got the last granny square throw put together this week attaching rows of them and edging done on it! Yea.
I did remember the child size quilt for dd to give to her boss for a grandchild I made this fall.

Dsis and I had a good talk on Cmas day and talked about the 25th reminder card for gifts throughout the year.
She is going to grow plants and paint cans to decorate for some of her projects. I cannot do that bc of cold weather here.
I am going to do up knit ascot scarves this year for gifts.

Went to Joann's did not see what I have been wanting to get in stock.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:55 pm

Harriet, I recall you asked about me organizing a Hanukah paper exchange - the short answer is I really don't have Hanukkah paper that is specifically for Hanukkah. I basically buy from S tampin up because everything matches, and they don't do Hanukkah paper. Now and then they have some blue and metallic or blue and white I can repurpose. And I don't really make that many Hanukkah cards. I do use stamps to do Jewish themes and for bar/bar mitzvahs.

I need to do a clean up at that desk too!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:10 pm

Someone was asking about the bookmark I cross-stitched for Dfriend. Here it is. Sadly, the ribbon I glued to the back side has marks where the glue was too thick, but that’s the back side. Otherwise, I’m surprised how well it turned out. Even the tassel is homemade — the kit included enough floss and instructions.

I do think it might be the cause of my sore shoulder — it’s been getting better since I finished.

It won’t let me upload a picture, but I’m going to see if I can upload one to Imgur and add a link.

Attempt: https://imgur.com/a/R7S8nnP
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:26 pm

Mystery, that is just beautiful! I used to do a lot of embroidery and cross stitching but my eyes don’t care for it anymore. Really. Nice work!

Return to “The Creative Home”