Art, Craft and Needlework, March, 2023

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, March, 2023

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:47 pm

I have been drawing floral doodles on my planner pages for art it is fun to add color with my pens.

I did some knitting on a scarf I am doing up and have it about half way done now. It has helped my mood on the weekend that was challenging for me
but not as bad as some in the past.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, March, 2023

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:42 pm

At library the best book I found was The Kansas City Star Quilts Sampler, 60+ blocks from 1928 to 1961. finding a couple patterns so far that are probably worth making templates now while I have the book in-hand. One I had had once and somehow lost, "Rising Sun", having only a small image I could still find, and that would have been hard to enlarge correctly. So glad to get another chance at template form for myself, for the pieces that will need templates. So, it was a perfect library book find for me - these would fit in with other blocks I already have nearly ready for samplers.

The other two books are also about quilts, just more utility than creative. One is about using small strip leftovers without planning much. Just going fast and getting them into a project. I probably have too many projects already to start thinking about that yet and should just keep collecting scraps until I'm loaded with them, I guess, lol.

Nancy
, I want to do some of that with permanent micron markers on cloth for some quilt labels. Not a whole lot of decoration, but some would be nice. Doodling is good for mood and blood pressure!

Return to “The Creative Home”