Art, Craft and Needlework, July, 2023

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, July, 2023

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:49 pm

Love JoAnn's, Nancy!

Twins', are you making cards lately?

My weekly planner has been just creative enough. I love beginning my week's planning/recording with one cute image snipped from a note pad and then repeating elements of it with my colored pens or other snips of the same paper. Always round it out with a practical copied check-off chart in the notes area of the pages. Free, quick creativity that keeps me recording the things I want to know. The pages do get slightly thinker, but now at more than half-way through the year, i can see that the planner can handle the thickness.

I've never kept up with a planner so well, because I used to try to stay too sensible and lose my incentive. OR would go too far the other way with too many elements and not be able to keep up the effort/time.

The enjoyment of gift wrapping was fun again yesterday. Made a matching gift card out of a large 4x6 index card folded in half with some of the same wrapping paper on the front. Just a little touch to help it all look special for a child, although I would enjoy doing it for an adult, too.

Dd24 has been crocheting again, finding a new pattern she loves and making rectangles to join later. But then she's also doing some murals lately, so it's both large and small things for her.

Return to “The Creative Home”