Art, Craft and Needlework, August, 2023

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Art, Craft and Needlework, August, 2023

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:36 pm

Probably got a little carried away with fun creativity quotes this month! These make for smiles, as does our art, craft and needlework!

What creativity is making you smile this month?

“You can’t wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club.” —Jack London

"Everyone who's ever taken a shower has had an idea. It's the person who gets out of the shower, dries off and does something about it who makes a difference." - Nolan Bushnell

"I'm not a hoarder, I'm the curator of an extensive fibre collection... and no one can tell me otherwise." - unknown

"There should be a truck that sells yarn as it drives around the neighborhood ... and we would hear it and run out with our money and stand on the curb, waiting for it. Like an ice-cream truck, but, you know... with yarn!" - Sarah Zimmerman

"We don't make mistakes. We do variations." - unknown

“I can’t clean my sewing room because I get distracted by all the good stuff I find.” – Linda Nee

“I am certain that a Sewing Machine would relieve as much human suffering as a hundred Lunatic Asylums, and possibly a good deal more.” – Margaret Atwood

“I’m not performing miracles, I’m using up and wasting a lot of paint.” – Claude Monet

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, August, 2023

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:24 am

I luv the quotes.

I am doing small bits of progress. Got a few rows done 4 to make a point on my ongoing dish cloth.
Dd has been doing a scrapbook of dgson 21st bday of him as a kid with photos this summer.
I knitted another point on a dish cloth.

Finished that dish cloth!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:23 pm

Mending basket has been out lately. I'm grateful for my very large stash of buttons from grandmother, mother, aunt, etc. And for those I've collected myself, some from eBay during my auction-loving days. For one item, I really came down to only one button I owned that would sort of match, and even then, I made a point to use blue thread to kind of ease that coloring over to the right shade. I thought that was amazing because there are so many buttons, how could there not be the right size, thickness, color.

Our closest yarn shop is closing, breaking dd24's heart. The young man took her by there to let her try to shop their going-out-of-business sale, but I fear they were already down to the end of their stock by the time she could manage. Her work hours are like their shop hours and the decision happened fast, the discounts went very low immediately. I'd bet they had to give up their lease but held out hope they could afford to keep it until the decisions finally had to be radical.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:26 pm

Harriet I need to do some mending as well.
I have started another dish cloth this week and it is half done so takes me 2 weeks to finish one at 4 rows a day but it is still better than none!
Done with all but 2 points 8 rows left. Finished that dish cloth and started a 2nd one of the same yarn it has 4 points done on it out of 14 ten to go. Did 8 rows last nite.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:11 pm

Dd24's future sister-in-law and mother-in-law gave her such a sweet gift for bday - a tote with lots of little pockets and every pocket had some kind of knitting/crochet item. Some very nice knitting needles in a side pocket. A pattern in another. Small skeins in larger pockets. Several larger skeins in the tote's main area. It was fun to watch her finding it all.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:41 am

I am painting rocks this week with all the weather and not good air quality a great indoor activity.
I should be cleaning LOL!

Return to “The Creative Home”