Art, Craft and Needlework, December, 2023

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, December, 2023

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:51 pm

Twins', your own creativity probably leads you to make prettier cards than are showcased in mags, sites, etc. Plus, if there is a puzzle or challenge to a project, it becomes very satisfying. That's good for keeping the brain young.

The only gift-giving of handmade things I did this year were the hot pad and the ornament for the young man's family. You always think you're going to have time for variety, but there are a lot of December tugs going on. If you get to December and projects aren't started yet, they're probably not going to happen. That's okay. I spent October and November starting on the long-term quilt project and I wouldn't want to have missed that. It will be very good for me to have that jump start. My "Sewing" checkoff line will be full each week through winter and maybe spring.

Two trips to JoAnn's, one with each dd, have completely spoiled me this season.

Nancy mentioned hemming. I have some comfy (but okay for trips out) pants to hem. I really should do myself a favor and get to that soon.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, December, 2023

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:09 am

I have finished the third in this last batch of hot pads.
Found more pj's & sweats to hem will try a new method I saw on yt and will used clips to hold them instead of pins as I try the length, when I get to it.
Started the next hot pad #4 in this batch.
My sis finished the one she was working on and pleased with her results that felt good to help some one else do it by sharing a yt vid.

Return to “The Creative Home”