Art, Craft and Needlework, January, 2024

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, January, 2024

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:14 pm

Made progress on a hot pad I am crocheting for a set.
I'm to the last part of the crochet project now yea!

I have a knitting project going did some un-knitting today to fix a mistake.
Got some progress on this.

sigh did not get to the sewing room this week yet.
Threading the needed on my machine is a challenge I have strong readers for doing that handy.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, January, 2024

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:23 pm

Twins', not only is it kind of inspiring to have new storage supplies (yay for your work), but it makes it more intuitive. You remember right where to look to get started on an idea. When it's easy to get back into a project, it feels so positive.

Nancy, I'm looking forward to scrap projects again, but right now had better stick to the one at hand. I hope you have fun with the colors. Enjoy the fuzzy P.J.s!

I'm spending extra time getting the colors of this center exactly right. As I move out to the rest of the quilt top, I won't be so picky, but I know from experience that the center will be where everyone's eye will go. If I can get this right, I can call the rest "variety", lol!

Today I made a mistake :roll: in making a long cut and can only blame my eyesight. But thankfully the mistake made the piece too large, not too small, and so I could redeem it. I wasn't planning to go any further with that piece of yardage today, but after that I decided to cut the rest while I had it laid out in front of me and had the next steps firmly in my head! yipes

Tomorrow starts work with small cuts and short seams, which will be calmer, in a way. Just one bite at a time.

Return to “The Creative Home”