Holiday Grand Plan, 2009

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Holiday Grand Plan, 2009

Postby Harriet » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:17 pm

The Holiday Grand Plan is an 18 week program to clean and organize your home for the holidays.

The Holiday Grand Plan begins now and continues through year's end.

Browse each week's assignment for cleaning and holiday prep using the links below. Free printable checklists and calendars make it easy to plan your progress and organize each week's goals.

http://www.organizedchristmas.com/holiday-grand-plan

You might like to join Indiana and others following the Focus threads schedule, with cleaning finished the beginning of November instead of just before Thanksgiving.

Happy Holidays!!!

Harriet

Re: Holiday Grand Plan, 2009

Postby Harriet » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:30 pm

The above is an approximation of how Indiana started our very successful Holiday Grand Plan thread last year! It will serve until she looks in on us and gives more guidance! LisaB and blessedwith2 have already jumped in to the Plan we hear in PWYC!

It is now "List Week" :idea: . This is a good week to prepare a binder with the printable checklists and calendars from the link above.

:?: What are your hopes and dreams for your Holiday season?

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:30 pm

Thanks for reminding us of this. I just looked over mine, which I printed out a few years ago (2006) and have in its own section in my HH notebook.

Hard to make lists when I don't know where our holidays will be. Usually that is up in the air till a few weeks before. My family always finds that very hard to figure out with problems to solve in many directions.

I would encourage others to print out the forms if they haven't already done so. I find them easy to follow and keep on track.

Harriet, do you have yours on cards instead?

I went back to Indiana's post about this last year and hers ends sooner than HGP because she takes 3 (I think) weeks less to finish all her rooms and she starts 3 days sooner (well maybe that was how the month/week started last year?).

I have mine changed to fit my house better, for instance, my front porch wouldn't stay clean from this week till Thanksgiving! I really should try to do this.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:54 am

Just dawned on me that I might need to use this in a much shortened version once I get to DD's in FL. Just remembered that she is hosting the staff Christmas party at her house this year. She's had no time to clean since she got back to FL early Aug. She was lamenting the state of her house a few days ago -you know that feeling. Think CHAOS well describes it for her -she dreads walking in the door. But so far she's had no time or been too exhausted to think or do much about it. She's even been working Saturdays to catch up on her own stuff at school. Think our coming probably puts a little more pressure on her, because she wants it 'good' for when we get there. Awwww -she NEEDS me.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:03 am

hi everyone!!!!
I am not ready to get started on this but have to as it seems to work for me.
I am ordering my tickets today for the Christmas carol.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:01 am

shocker 95 days until christmas

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:31 am

Eek! That means it's now 93 days till DGS's birthday! :lol: I printed out a set of the HGP stuff for me, and a set for my friend...now I need to get it into a binder, and DO something with it!
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:41 am

How old is your little grand son now? bis sweet

since my mom gave me all her christmas stuff from her house here I have gone through the christmas stuff and donated or tossed what I won't use. my vdsis inlaws took some things too.

this is the time of the year when I ask dkids to start thinking of things they would like. by the time christmas comes they have a huge list of wishes. I finish my shopping generally 3 weeks before Christmas so we don't have to be stressed and just enjoy the holiday.
my house is way behind schedule for the christmas season.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:00 pm

ordered tickets for christmas carol
dd13 gave me ideas for big items for christmas: ugg boots
or ipod
other things I have been thinking of is an ipod docking station/light.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:00 am

I won't be having Christmas at my house this year as my mom will not come home for Christmas or Thanksgiving. I will do a Christmas in July (no presents) for the whole family.

I have asked everyone to give me ideas for Christmas, I am usually finished with lists before thanksgiving.
dd14 is easy, she wants a new ipod as hers is really old and is breaking.
dd20 I am thinking a trip ticket somewhere, I know where I want to send her for her 21st. birthday, I have a suprise I will work out with friend.
dh is thinking
and mom has given me ideas.

Return to “The Creative Home”