Art, Craft and Needlework, October 2009

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Art, Craft and Needlework, October 2009

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:19 pm

Put away the self-doubt and connect with the creativity you were born with. Forget about whether anyone actually likes the work you do, the projects you make or your vision of creativity. Who cares? You're doing what you do for yourself, to satisfy that viseral creative longing you were born with.

You're a creatively independent grown-up now. Color where you want and how you want, and everybody else can kiss your patootie. So, make a plan today to grab your tools, make your art the way you want to. Own your creativity. - Mark Lipinski

It's October, and the cool weather ushers us toward our yarns, fabrics, canvases and writing pads. The chance to give a holiday gift we created or hang a holiday decoration we created looms large this month!

What's doin' at your house? Are you finding time for your creative outlets? Hurry, get those dailies done and sit and create art with friends here - we enjoy your work!

Harriet

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, October 2009

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:30 pm

I was sure I had responded last month about the great idea SuzLew and her friend had for craft-together sessions. Humm .... ... not showing, though- must not have gotten it through! Anyway, hope you have a lot of fun with that, SuzLew.

Nancy, a gray sweater made of granny squares sounds nice and will work with so many things to wear. Is it for yourself or someone else?

Oh, DebmasterX, I know exactly what you are talking about. So many projects I have put off because I didn't have just the perfect thing to finish them with, etc. And, yes, I once couldn't give a gift without the perfect card, which I found and bought. Then the gift took longer than I thought it would and when gift-wrapping time came I couldn't find the card right then! :roll: I hope your sister enjoys the shawl - that is a nice gift.

SuzLew

Postby SuzLew » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:16 pm

I finished my baby blocks crib blanket and finished making a fleece baby blanket. I have been helping friend make fleece bleecher pillows for band to sale to raise money.

The Tennessee Titan fleece arrived this week so need to get busy on Dgrs/17 blanket! Also starting another crib blanket for D (sort of adopted)d who is due Feb. 14th.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:35 pm

Mending only here. Re-made, virtually, a pair of heavier-weight pants for my mom. Worth it, I think, though, since they are hard to find for her.

Gee, I knew I was too busy to enjoy much creativity, but thought others might get to. It's nearly November, guys!

SuzLew, it all sounds like fun. We need you to hold up the creative banner around here!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:56 pm

Harriet I have shades of blue for the sweater granny squares sweater
I'm doing up, and will try a mulit-color one for grands if this
one goes ok.

I'm still working on a striped prayer shawl re-do now.

Return to “The Creative Home”