Basic Weekly Plans

Lynchpin of any organizing effort. Discuss your weekly plan.
Twins' Mom

Re: Basic Weekly Plans

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:25 am

Bw2, you’re the sandwich generation, and it’s not easy. Aging parent and other close relatives who need you, adult children who have needs, an aging dog and kitten! No wonder you’re spinning a lot of plates and feel stressed. Take it easy on yourself. It’s hard to keep plates spinning, take care of needs, and take care of yourself and your own household.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:17 pm

(((Blessed))) -- I read just the other day something on FB:
The first Christmas was pretty simple. It's okay if yours is too.
That sorta puts it in perspective, doesn't it?

A few years ago, my dbro and his girlfriend had to pull Christmas together for dmom -- she was just too sick, and I was busy with dh's family on Christmas Eve. Dbro took a lot of shortcuts -- bought deli grapefruit & orange slices rather than peeling and cutting all that fruit for our breakfast citrus salad... used frozen biscuits... etc etc... but it was all just fine. No one noticed or cared -- the main thing was just that we were all together having breakfast like we always have since I got married.
Now we do breakfast for supper, because it is less hectic. So we changed the tradition just a bit, but we actually enjoy it more, because we're all a little more rested and relaxed.

The point is -- do what you can do, without making yourself crazy. As long as you are loving and caring for the people in your life, that is really all they need or want. The decorations and the menu and the gifts... all that stuff doesn't really matter all that much.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:52 am

d lucy and d twins - thank you!

I know I am going through darn good depression right now and overwhelming my mind on comparing myself to others in my family who "seem" to have it all together. I am also looking through the glass my d mom sees things. more the "oh look you haven't done this" or "oh how could you not have fixed this or painted this or do this"

I know it's temporary. (I generally am a very positive person but this time I am struggling to get back to it.) the comparison thing has been a problem for me lately. I do feel like I am letting everyone down. Also I know I am missing loved ones and how it used to be. I have to be okay with that one and move on. I just feel so busy that I can't seem to catch up to be proactive in the community by helping others right now.

I also think the new kitty, besides her ch issues, also now has seizures which makes me think she won't make it, also tugged at my heart. Same with old dog. The care for both is at a higher level.
my daughters happiness and life also weigh on me. dd older needs to move on from this job. dd younger has to work full time financially but the photography is coming along a little bit at a time.
mom - she is feeling better but knowing that dd was coming back again she started to complain about the mess that she isn't even there to do. dd younger said - grandma loves us 70% of the time and the other 30% is when she wants to show off to others, complains and can be downright mean. But again it's not a grandma/mom love that you think of. it's her type of love.

She is doing the poor me thing - oh look another thing you don't think I do right in my personality. not at all - she has been using boundaries as "I am again bad" "bad ... using her name". She made a joke about sex which is not her way but I have noticed she and even aunt have brought up some things - I said oh mom laughing - mom you know I am kind of a prude I don't think that I can go there. I don't care for it. My mother is also very prudish but oh my gosh she has been finding stuff funny - I think she finds it humorous that I go - oh please no no no.

I know somewhere that I am not failing everybody but I have been struggling with that daily lately. My problems are light compared to most and compared to my past. I do think it has more to do with not having purpose that I have always felt. (especially when my kids were young) I loved teaching and learning as well. Now I feel like I am just trying to keep up and I can't. To me that means that I have to get outdoors more and go to therapy.

Today: I am going to focus on what gives me stress right now - what I can do to with what I have no control over.
My goal is to see what things I can do to make me feel better.
I think I also can't expect myself to do everything and I have to stop looking at things as "you didn't do that" "why didn't you finish that" etc.

time to call the therapist. a definite ;) thank you for being so kind (AND LETTING ME WRITE IT DOWN HERE).
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:48 am

okay - I have to focus again.
we went to the vet yesterday and so far there is not good news for the kitty. tomorrow I am taking her to the neurologist. I wanted to give her a day free of stress (which seems to effect her)

Now - What's the next right thing.

I finished the tree.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:35 pm

Okay - lets see how today goes.

doing the tree the other day helped with my depression.
I am trying to stick to one thing that will make my life better.
Today's goal: home blessing.

ready to work:
timer in hand.

went to lunch with dh
stopped at donation centre
ordered more meds for sick kitten
I am adhd-ing oh my gosh.
christmas boxes put away
feeling fat - have been eating without thinking. all bad food
got more presents in
put away animal food, put away people food

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:59 am

my ADHD has been rampant along with my depression. my debilitating depression is lifting (the heavy stuff) but sadness about d kitten is there.

so that's why I am here.

working on the hard stuff first so I don't loose focus.

we got rid of extra dishes. we are done with the too many dishes to wash

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:40 pm

focus focus focus.
d kitten started to have a seizure but didn't go all the way into it. praying the medicine keeps her stable. I just adore this little one.

ready to do one thing that will make my day easier.

trying to believe in me and that I can tame this ADHD I have been having.
1. let dog out again. :D
2. shower :D
3. start dish washer :D
4. clean sink :D
5. ordered new shoes - found them on line. threw out old. :D
6. clean sink :D
7. clean counters :D
8. toss something from fridge or freezer :D
9 went to the polar express train - so special. :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:02 pm

I am beginning to realize I am really lazy in the morning since the kids have grown up. I sit and have coffee for a long time and listen to videos. mmmm that has to stop.

goal that will help me today:
paint d brothers card
wrap presents.

ordered groceries

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:10 pm

bw2, I'm the same. I see it as being able to relax a little in the morning, instead of the hair on fire methodology of getting kids out of the house.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:17 pm

I love that analogy - hair on fire! I forgot those days already lol.

Return to “Basic Week Plan”