Basic Weekly Plans

Lynchpin of any organizing effort. Discuss your weekly plan.
blessedw2

Re: Basic Weekly Plans

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:47 am

September 29 to October 6

DO ONLY WHAT YOU CAN DO!
NO PERFECTIONIST OR OVER GOAL-ING. LIFE IS UNPREDICTABLE - BE ADAPTABLE AND REALIZE THAT SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T GET IT ALL DONE. GET THE MORNING ROUTINE DONE, LAUNDRY ROUTINE, SWISH AND SWIPE, MAKE BEDS, HOME BLESSING OVER A WEEK. JUST DO YOUR BEST!

BASIC WEEKLY PLAN:
HOME BLESSING
BILLS/PAPERWORK/PHONE CALLS/MENU PLANNING
ANTI-PROCRASTINATION DAY
REPAIRS - DO WHAT YOU CAN
ZONE CLEANING BACK TO 15 MINUTES 4 X A WEEK (IF I CAN).
FREE DAY - FUN DAY - SPIRITUAL
CAR AND PURSE DAY
cooking day :D - baking

on errand day: pick up d brothers gift card to a restaurant he likes
write brothers wife's sister for ideas for her for christmas
I know what I am getting dh - I just need the money lol

aunt care again the following week
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:37 am

I am still trying to follow my basic weekly plan. I have many of them as a routine but getting the house ready for the holidays is taking some extra days. I really don't know how other women do it. Just keep swimming. :D

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm

Yom Kippur and the certification discussion group have messed up this week - I fault myself for not doing enough planning to realize how these commitments would take a chunk out of my time.

I also have the certification discussion group next week - Tuesday and Thursday at 1 p.m. for about an hour.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:53 am

I think you do a lot d twins and are so gracious. I love my routine the calendar takes off before me.

I think the only thing we can do is have a flexible plan. I am finding that when I am out doing errands I don't do a lot of my dailies (and I should but I can't do all of it). I am still trying to focus on a basic week plan and a daily plan.

I am trying to get the house ready for the holidays.
My thoughts - get some one to clean the walls and wood work in the bedrooms. I dislike spending the money but I might see how much it would cost to get my walls washed in the bedrooms. They really need a clean down. I can see that I would be killing myself to try to get it done.

With going to d mom's all next week my basic week plan will be more a "what plan?" 8-)

wishing you the best.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:55 am

bw2, there are some weeks we just need to throw it all out the window, don't we?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:04 pm

hahahaha you betcha! :D 8-) d twins.

next week will be out the window all together. :shock: :D I will adapt 8-) lol

I am hoping to work on my mom's memoirs and put them on ancestry. I wish I could store old movies on there or even voices of relatives.

I also will work on going through accounts.
I will call service mast ers to wash bedrooms down - 2 weeks from now. maybe even the basement? 3 season room?
I also have to change contract with the landscaper and make deposit - I am not crazy about his plans for our problem with water - I need french drains - which I agree but he wants to do some things which will ruin the look of the house outside.

Sunday's goal: kitchen zone work as I couldn't get it done last week
Normally this next week would be bathrooms but I just can't do it.

I haven't finished the family room either (I try to clean it well before the holidays - I got a lot done but I still have some left.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:18 pm

wow i am so so so behind.
d new special needs kitten, (other cats not taking the new kitty as part of the home has also been a huge issue), d old dog special needs now, d mom, and so much more has taken over my week. I know the right thing is routines and saying no.

I haven't done my routines at all - I need to get back into this.
dd younger went back to florida and I am hoping that I can pay attention again.

saying no has to be on the schedule - I feel guilty re: d mom, d aunt as I haven't been there in 2 weeks and haven't called in one week.
I have to change my thinking.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:39 am

bw2, you have plenty on your plate, guilt shouldn't be part of it. All you can do is, all you can do.

Give yourself some breathing room and take care of yourself too.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:55 am

thank you - I was stressing out this morning - I needed to remember that all I can do is all I can do.
I have to tell d mom that I can't go anywhere today.

my goal
kitchen
usual routines
try to get the cats closer together while feeding
move the recliner from the family room to the front room (we call the pretty room). I don't want to put it there but d kitten keeps climbing, actually, into the underneath of the recliner. I worry about her suffocating herself.
I have outdoor duties as well but they will be put on hold.

have a great day

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:36 am

ignore please: I need to spill my brain out here to get my day in some sort of order.

I am still stressed out about not keeping up with put away and my usual but I have to remember that I did have cleaning people here on the 17th. the old dog is not leaking (only in the morning after coming in- one time). I have had a temporary indoor outdoor rug in the kitchen but I am having to wash it every day which takes time. I have spot washer which isn't big enough - I have to move it every 6 minutes and have to refill and empty every 15 minutes. I don't want to spend the money on a large one but I may have to. I think i will go to the rental place and just give it one good clean.

kitten needs to socialize with me more - and I am working to get the other cats to like her. (it's taking lots of time and lots of gates)
Kitten is terrified of the vacuum cleaner so I have to figure that out as well.
I may have to put in the bathroom upstairs while I work

I also need to take time for mom - I missed it yesterday.
I do have to go to the hardware store and get candy for halloween
make hair appointment

today is clean car day - I need to stick to it otherwise the car gets bad. also clean purse day.

I need to visit aunt eventually - I called her. She does have people taking care of her but that's not the same.

main goal today: put away

I am hoping this brain dump will help me focus.

Return to “Basic Week Plan”