Basic Weekly Plans

Lynchpin of any organizing effort. Discuss your weekly plan.
Ivy

Re: Basic Weekly Plans

Postby Ivy » Sat May 24, 2014 9:05 pm

My Basic Weekly Plan depends upon these factors: My health, DH's schedule, deadline dates for writing, appointments & holidays. But for the most part, it goes something like this:

Sunday is my Spirit Renewal Day & the day I plan out the week, write, & get ready for upcoming appt.'s, etc. I write grocery lists on this day, write letters, & read & crochet.
Monday is DH's wood-getting day, so we're up to shower & get coffee early. I'm alone for 3 - 4 hours, so I write, do laundry, put out hot spots, & try to do a light house blessing, if needed. I double-check the calendar & check deadlines, relax b/c DH & I were with each other w/o a "break" all weekend, so often times, I listen to music, write letters & chill out.
Tuesday is a day DH goes to town to run errands, get groceries, etc... I usually stay home, to have some "self-time," & get things done on the house, letters, to write stories & poems, do lol & the DW. I dump trash & do toilets, too.
Wednesady is my Desk Day AND Anti-Procrastination Day, both! :!: I get projects done, I've put off for awhile, make sure things are dumped because Thurs. is garbage day, & I try to clean my office, desk area, & get the hot spots put out in my office, so it's orderly & beautiful again, to me. :D DH gets firewood this day, too.
Thursday is my thoughtful day, thinking day, day to remember others, so I make phone calls, go visit shut-ins & I send thinking of you cards, b-day cards &/or letters out to others. I crochet for others this day, work on stories, & sometimes, DH runs errands or grocery shops today; I sometimes go with him, too. :) :) Sometimes I do a pre-Conga day today.
Friday is wood-getting day for DH, I do a Conga, laundry, & the DW. I put out hot spots, try to plan writing or reading, letters, for the weekend ahead.
Saturday's my day to sleep in, do housework, dishes & laundry at my leisure, to plan the next week, read, write, watch TV with DH, & walk.

Well, for right "now", this is what our BWP looks like. :mrgreen:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 25, 2014 7:45 pm

:D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:12 am

My BWP is so "crazy" from week to week! :o

For instance, after Mother's Day, I could barely move, was exhausted, and it lasted 3 days.

M - W - F = DH & his buddy getting firewood from 9 a.m. - noon - 1 p.m.
So those days, I do a 60-minutes Round 1 in cleaning, laundry, dishes.

Tu - Th - = DH usually going to town, running errands, goes to the pharmacy & grocery store.
I stay home to write on stories or letters, do another Round 1, but perhaps only 1/2 half, depending on how tired I am.

Sat./Sun. = Nascar, golf, Major League Baseball, & boxing matches for DH, some cable shows, documentaries & movies on Turner Classic Movies.
On weekends, if I'm not working, I'm renewing my spirit, have QT, write letters, do less, rest more, walk.

I find the closer to monthly deadline dates for magazines, I'm working in my office harder.

I'm "trying" to incorporate a daily 30-min. walk with stretching & yoga stretches, do my Pilates/Yoga DVD again. But it depends on the day, if DH is here b/c I don't know how to work the DVD player with the new TV's. :oops: (Guess it's time to learn?) :idea:

Wed., for me, is always Desk Day & Anti-Procrastination Day & Sunday's Renew my Spirit Day. All my other days still depend upon weather, if I'm screaming (inside my head) :lol: to get OUT OF THE HOUSE, & health. DH goes to a 2nd Thurs. retirees luncheon group for 3 hours once a month, so I'm usually listening to music, am doing in-house walking & making phone calls, writing poems, stories, & letters that day. It's such a relaxing day for me, I miss him a LOT, but it's "my day", because it's such a treat to do what I want to do. ♥
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:06 am

awesome d ivy!!!

when my life gets busy I forget my basic weekly plan when I need it most.

tuesday work on garden, all day
wednesday: hair appointment, dd piano, d niece present, 2 bday cards, look at washing machines.
thursday: dingy sailing ? drive d mil (gone all morning) home around 2
friday: dingy sailing?
saturday party I need appetizers
Sunday: church with d mom, planning day, bill day

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:43 am

Today was Friday, I did a lot of dusting, but then got called to the Dr. office, was there over 1 1/2 hours, so it threw a wrench into the works of writing letters & planning the weekend.

I guess I have time this evening, to plan the weekend out. :idea:

October will be a "nutty" month with about 4 appt.'s, I think of already. Bone density, fasting labs, colonoscopy and whatever else the Dr. sees fit to screen me for. :lol: So sticking to a BWP will be "challenging" that month. Also, we have 3 grsons' b-days + DH's b-day that month.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:35 pm

hi dear Ivy!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:29 am

hi my weekly plan is on the flexible this week depending on how bad dd older will feel.

Monday: we don't have a refrigerator until tomorrow so today:

clean out old refrigerator
take refrigerator doors off
clean behind old refrigerator
exercise
lunch out
dinner out
fruit apples etc. that don't need refrigeration
do white laundry
dog room
work outside - pull paper work for tomorrow
animal care
errand - new filter
PICK UP BOTH DD'S MEDS

Tuesday: dd's surgery, new refrigerator comes while I am gone (get breakfast early)
paper work while sitting with dd older

wednesday dr. visit /thursday/friday doctor visit: work in 3 season room which is near where dd older will be
DD YOUNGER PIANO (DH brings)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:07 am

I need to get back to thinking on the BWP basis - today and tomorrow I don't have anything scheduled out of the house. On Wed of this week I will see dsis - that is a 10 hour or more trip. On Thursday I pick up meals for and see dmom. Friday, dMacs goes to PT and I have a bodywork appt.

IN GYAT (Get your Act Together):
-heavy cleaning day
-light cleaning day
-errand day
-desk day
-play day
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:30 pm

I hear you d twins!!! I have been off my focus for awhile - have fun with your d sister and have a safe trip

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:37 pm

Hi, Blessed :D & Twins'! :D

This week (for DH) it's get wood M- W - F, errands Thurs. (today), and for me? :lol: I'm all messed up, but Wed. is still office/desk/anti-procrastination day & Sunday is renew my Spirit Day.

Dgrson-17 comes Sun. the 22nd & leaves Sat. the 28th. While he's here:
M- W - F = DH, Dgrson-17, & DH's dbuddy, getting firewood.
On Monday, all 3 will take DH's dbuddy out to birthday lunch.
On Mon. or Tues., DH will get hot dog buns, which are a Hawaiian bread recipe, new, at Safeway.
On Tues. OR Thurs., DH "might" go to Costco w/dgrson.
I'm going to do writing on stories, poems, essays, & greeting cards, when I can &/or when DH & Dgrson aren't here. :idea:
I'll keep up the lol & DW & hot spots, so everything's "under control", while Dgrson's here, so I can spend more quality time w/him.
On Wed. the 25th, we'll put 6 boxes for ARC's donation, on our covered porch, ARC picks up the donation on Thurs. the 26th. So my entry way hall will be decluttered again.
Daily, I'm trying to crochet on a Christmas afghan for dgd, declutter, read, & do letters or write.
I just do things as they pop up, depending how tired I am & on my energy level, too.

I know it sounds so hit & miss, but it's working to just go with the flow & be flexible, at no matter what life throws at us or doesn't throw anything at all. :mrgreen:

Return to “Basic Week Plan”