Basic Weekly Plans

Lynchpin of any organizing effort. Discuss your weekly plan.
blessedw2

Re: Basic Weekly Plans

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:00 pm

November:
Christmas lights outside
bring Christmas boxes in 3 season room
put pole up in back to put Christmas tree and lights on.
remove corn stalk in front and toss
put up a Christmas tree on it. or decoration.
buy Christmas presents
buy Christmas cards
Make oranges and lemons again (dried) - apple slices?
make gingerbread men for swag in house
before dd younger comes back: put together gingerbread houses.

this week:
set up extra stuff in room.
checking account
apology missing physical therapy
boots ll bean
gym shoes for good
d sis in law money for t. giving
bank cash check
work on food program
outside work
get car appointment
hardware store is closing: pick up cup tops - look at cutter
ask what I can bring for thanksgiving
dust and clean the family room and laundry room walls
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:17 pm

Bw2, I'm looking at my week too. I can't wait to get dh out of the house and get back to genealogy, and I have few appts out of the house this week.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:52 am

I saw that he went back to work d twins!!! enjoy the time doing "your interests"! good for you!!!

blessedw2

Re: Basic Weekly & Monthly Plans

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:58 pm

IT FEELS GREAT TO GET BACK TO ROUTINES - KNOCK ON WOOD TRYING TO KEEP MY BODY WALKING AND HEALTHY!
I am using Kimmy 's new planner that lists the zones and work. https://shesinherapron.com/shop/

ROUTINES/WEEKLY CHORES

Month:
zone 1
ENTRANCE
PORCH
BACK DECK/3 SEASON ROOM

zone 2
KITCHEN AND DINING ROOM

zone 3
BATH AND LAUNDRY

zone 4
BEDROOMS

zone 5
FAMILY ROOM, FRONT ROOM

other rooms:
HALLWAYS
CLOSETS
BASEMENT
GARAGE
GARDEN WORK: REPAIR AND PAINT AND FIX TABLES AND CHAIRS- OTHER WOOD THINGS - PAINT SWING ALL INSIDE.
CAR CLEAN

MONDAY:
GO THROUGH REFRIGERATOR AND FRUIT/VEG AREA ON COUNTER
SWIPE FRIDGE INSIDE
WHITES
SHEETS/BLANKETS
KITCHEN
HOME BLESSING DUST, WIPE WINDOWS, FLOORS SWIFFER RINSE, SWISH AND SWIPE TOILETS
DOGS
PHYSICAL ME

TUESDAY:
BATHROOMS
DOGS/ME EXERCISE/STRETCH

WEDNESDAY:
BILL AND PLANNING DAY
PHONE CALLS
WRITE LETTERS
MY CLOTHS WASH
DOGS/ME EXERCISE

THURSDAY:
ERRAND DAY
TOWELS
DOGS/ME EXERCISE

FRIDAY
CAR
FAMILY ROOM SURFACE
DOGS ME EXERCISE

SATURDAY: GARDEN PAINT AND REPAIR INSIDE.
CLEAN TOOLS FOR SPRING IN MARCH
DOGS/ME EXERCISE

SUNDAY:
PLANNING AND FREE DAY FOR SEWING ETC.

JANUARY GOAL:
MAKE FREEZER/FRIDGE/CABINET/CLOSET INVENTORY LIST
PAINT THE KITCHEN CABINETS AND WALLS
HEAVY DUTY CLEANING IN KITCHEN
ORDER GARDEN THINGS SEEDS/PLANTS ETC.

DECLUTTER: AS YOU GO

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:24 am

I kind of over-goaled for the kitchen ;) I thought I could wash it down while putting the holidays on the shelves and emptying the basement for dh to vacuum.

I will continue the kitchen for January but simplify my week.

this weeks goal for kitchen
clean fridge inside and out
clean stove (shouldn't be so bad as I did this in December)
clean UNDER the stove bc it's gross.
clean over stove wall. it gets greasy. \

phone calls
letter to a friend or family member
start decluttering dd Youngers room.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:55 pm

I have to write this down here so I don't forget (or I will go down a rabbit hole tomorrow)

Friday:
try to empty anything from my car.
wash the floor mats
cook
transplant plants
continue on dd Youngers room: put shoes back - go through sheets - make bed again - look under bed and see if there is anything there and get rid of it!
see if I can contact painter to remove the wall paper and paint

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:39 pm

my week is going by so fast!!!

Wednesday: is anti procrastination day:
have to drop dh off at car dealership tomorrow

MOVED TO THURSDAY AS IT IS -10
return closet items not used for credit.
find out how to return an amazon item - it was wrong.
stop by cleaners
stop by ups store to mail something.
donation center the 2 items

if I have time - stop by card shop
cleaning ladies (angels of mercy)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:17 pm

FORGET THE BELOW FOR READING - I NEED TO BRAIN DUMP.
I asked him if having the bedroom be like another library is because he doesn't want to use the basement that I cleared for him/or the closet I cleared. I told him I think he needs a place where he can sit, learn, display other than his library where he never sits. I asked him if the sunshine and the big space feels better.

it was yes to all of the above. At least that gave me insight to what was happening. He will get the large bedroom for his stuff but done tastefully. I said I love that he wants to do things etc. but it can still be a place where junk isn't out but his cars/books etc. can look tastefully. He has agreed to let the front room and dining room look nice even though he still gets all the cabinets where you can't see. I don't need them so I am okay with that.

I had to tell him that I felt I was being continually pushed into smaller and smaller spaces and I honestly felt pushed out of our home but the spreading of so much stuff. He didn't get it but he said he will will try to see it from both our point of views.
I also realized I had growing resentment bc he does't notice all the work I do for him without a thank you, that he wants more and more space and time from me without talking to me.

I don't think he will change but at least he seemed to try to be aware. I also have to be aware to talk and not let it go too long. dd's keep telling me I have to say what I need and that I have to say no to him because he is totally unaware. dd older yesterday said you have to let him mope and that he will get over it. He did say he would try to notice his taking over or not asking for things by expecting things right away, and about my time especially after 10 pm. (lol he is a night owl and I am a morning bird).

I had to use the example the other day - it was past bed time and he wanted to know where the scale for the kitchen was. I was frustrated - no clue that I was exhausted - I told him where it was and he continued to go "it's in there?" - he wanted to weigh how many ounces were left in his cream :shock: bc he was afraid the store wouldn't have that set cream. He was going to the store the next day and he "needed" to weigh the cream. (I could see through the bottle). He still didn't understand that he wants things and feels that just needs help in that moment - after I am in bed.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:16 am

IGNORE: I AM JUST PUTTING IT ON PAPER/COMPUTER TO HELP ME DEAL WITH IT.

After being with dh for 46 years - 40 years marriage I have finally figured something out - lol it took this long.

Forever and ever dh had fought me on painting, carpeting etc. When we moved into this house he only wanted white walls and did want any work done without some sort of grumble. He always tried to dissuade me by telling me the negative stuff and a grumble and crankiness.

Even my garden work makes him grumble bc I am outside too much.

Well yesterday I finally put the nail on the head - - one side of me was frustrated for listening so long or allowing his opinions to change my process
I figured out:
1. he doesn't want to do house work or repairs of any type - he doesn't like to work (he misses his job) but doesn't find housework fulfilling. He doesn't like people coming in the house and changing his day
2. he feels like I expect him to work on it even though that is far from the case. I just want to work.
3. He feels guilty and since he doesn't want to do the work he tries to change my mind unconsciously and sometimes knowingly - he doesn't like how he feels and instead of dealing with it then he wants his world to stay status quo.
4. he wants me near

It was such a shocker for me.
How it came up - dh always feels that when I have an idea that I expect him to do it. I have the electrician coming in on Wednesday to help me with our electric box - somehow our box got mixed up when we had a different electrician put in cam lights in kitchen and family room - always dark rooms before. We tried to see which fuse went to which room as the box isn't marked.
- I mentioned that some people mark the number of fuse on the back of a light switch cover so that you know what goes with what. Oh my goodness dh told me how the people who built the house should have done it and that it would take a long time etc. etc. I assumed I would do that. He saw this as a request for him to do it.

- I used humor - and he finally laughed and he finally acknowledged that he doesn't want to do the work and always feel like someone is asking him to do it. he did laugh and I did laugh with him even though one side of me was frustrated for listening so long or allowing his opinions to change my process - I don't like selfishness and I am angry bc I feel manipulated bc he didn't want to do things. I am no angel so I have to see the things I do that he lets me go on. But I had to get this out of my system to move forward.

learn from it: just do what you think is right. Be firm but kind. I wish I would have taken care of this earlier when I was more physically able to get outside and have outdoor adventures. So now: learn to deal with that feeling and continue moving forward.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:47 pm

I have been struggling where to put my things that need work. I figured I would put it here so that I have a memory tickler.

I am trying to get past things that are causing me visual clutter stress - it does cause me stress and then overwhelms me.
It's not a good feeling (rather negative and I want positivity from what I am doing). I thought it was better to put it here than our regular pwyc.

kitchen: I need to put cleaning the wood trim and the bottom cabinets and doors in the kitchen on a every other day routine. the dogs hair and muck show up in these areas almost daily. washing floors has to be daily as well (after vacuum).
(I finished the kitchen main work and decluttering yesterday).

kitchen: sand where the fridge had been, stain and varnish. paint the walls that were behind the fridge (after spackel), order new refrigerator.
this winter: pain under sink

Family room is awful!!! - it can't be worked on until I finish painting the bottom trim in the 3 season room (after washing trim and floor)
all that stuff belongs in the 3 season room.
then hang art back up that has been off since march
figure out what to put above the couch
buy new leather couch
reattach tv
give the room a thorough cleaning again

3 season room:
remeasure the windows and order the curtain rods
scrub the floor under the hutch
clean the bottom wood trim
tape the trim
paint 2 - 3 coats of paint
wash the new curtains and iron
hang up the new curtains
put back the hutch
put the decorations back on the hutch

dd Youngers room/my office-craft area/guest bedroom
set up closet again
set up bed again
buy new mattress
take her desk out of there and put in crawl space
make curtains
decorate with paint or wall paper
toss or donate anything that doesn't fit in this space

front room:
get new leather chair as dh really dirtied the white chair that was in there.

outside work
paint furniture
paint wood on 3 season room outside
fix with brother bottom of wood that wore away from too high of wood mulch from landscaper.
get ready for fall.
plant spinach, garlic, lettuce, radish for fall in late August.

reading this makes me feel like crying but I can see that it's impossible to do it all.

Return to “Basic Week Plan”