Basic Weekly Plans

Lynchpin of any organizing effort. Discuss your weekly plan.
Harmony

Re: Basic Weekly Plans

Postby Harmony » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:50 pm

Welcome ejagno. That's quite a bwp. Do you have it all written down or do you remember all that? I'm sure I'd have trouble remembering all that!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:58 am

hello enjango!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:59 am

setting up my week. yesterday I had a migraine and lost the day so today... timer in hand and planning for week. have a great day = simplify my thinking

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:12 pm

These are the days I call certain titles:

Sunday = Renew my Spirit Day
Monday = Cleaning Day & Motivation Day
Tuesday = Thinking Thoughtful Day
Wednesday = Desk & Office Day; also Anti-Procrastination Day
Thursday = Thinking Thursday
Friday = Conga Focus Day
Saturday = Successes Day

I keep to routines, squeeze in appt.'s, errands, working on writing, & everything, in every day I can, depending on DH's schedules & my calendar/work/health. I'm flexible, need to be, so follow my heart & use my head, baby-stepping all the way, through the week.

I generally do laundry daily or every 1 - 2 days, depending on what's dirty. I put out hot spots daily, pick up after myself, sort the mail, take care of my cat, help with dishes & dinner. I pen pal, crochet, read, clean, & work up a sweat when I clean, too, so I also count it as activity. I exercise, take care of myself, give quality time to DH & we're happy empty nesters. :D :D I cannot adhere to a strict weekly plan, because so much can change from day to day, depending on family, friends, etc.... So I try to purposefully keep my schedule flexible, follow routines, to keep on track, but I'm not disorganized & overwhelmed. If & when I feel overwhelmed, I sit myself down, journal & plan what needs to be worked on or changed, since something obviously isn't working for me. On Thinking Thoughtful Tuesday, for instance, I make phone calls, go visit someone, write letters or thank you notes, thinking of you or get well cards. On Thinking Thursday, I often times plan the weekend & week ahead or I work on my brainstorming of titles, characters & plots, look at deadlines, etc.... Monday & Friday are cleaning days prior to the weekend & after the weekend. They're busier days. Errand day for us seems to be working out to be Tuesday, Thursday or Friday, lately. We're home on weekends, Mondays (usually), Wednesdays. This seems to be working for us. :D :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:43 am

awesome our dear ivy!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:52 am

My weeks change even day to day so I need a bwp now more than ever. Basic week: today budget, menu, planning

scoping out my time to see where it is going

basic idea so far this week:
Sunday: took dd to volunteer work hour away then lunch and sailing for dd younger and not home until 8 pm
Monday: dog vet, spoke to dh for over hour , dd music ministry (goal: store for groceries, planing menu and budget as I couldn't do it yesterday, wash 1 floor)
Tuesday: doctor appointment downtown, wash one floor
Wednesday:
Thursday: dd younger meeting downtown
Friday:
Saturday: dd guitar
Sunday:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 11, 2014 8:01 am

This week is one that I am not ready for - my dear youngest graduates high school on Sunday the 18th I keep saying she is not ready as she younger and older for her years... but I am the one not ready. I am so happy as she starts new adventures.

I am only on a daily adventure this week with my cards.

Sunday: going to d mil's to work, finish my menu planning that is realistic (during the summer I no longer try new fancy schmancy recipes - have dd younger hang up graduation gown
Monday: catch up on laundry, clean dogs room, animal care, music ministry for dd younger
Tuesday: pull cloths for both senior mass and graduation for me. doing something for d family. drop off dd younger at school at 12
Wednesday: hair cut and dye, school 11 am for dd
Thursday: dd youngers senior mass - drive d mil at 8:45 am for a program
Friday: 16 dd sailing 10 am
Saturday: have all cloths ready, pick up cake for Sunday
Sunday: dd graduation and 5 graduation dinner downtown leave at 3

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed May 14, 2014 3:00 pm

(((Blessed))) as dd graduates!!! I certainly know the mixed feelings you are having, although I only have one child, so I just had to go through this one time! (((BIG HUGS)))
You are such a wonderful, wonderful mom, I KNOW your dd is "ready." You have prepared her well. Just take a deep breath before you begin the next chapter of exciting adventures with her!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:38 pm

You truly are one of the most sweetest and kindest people... Thank you my d Lucy! She came home today after all the testing and said - she was bored... she had been going crazy the last month with work and deadlines. lol NOW I have work for her... evil laugh just kidding. I am really happy for her. thank you.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Yard work is my focus this coming week as well as the above ground pool.
going round robin in the yard

Saturday 24: yard work and laundry
Sunday 25: take dd younger to a volunteer thing at Northwestern Uni. until 1:00 planning meals for next month weed duty
Monday 26: dd younger sailing time??? paperwork day - animal day
Tuesday 27: yard work, dd sailing,
Wednesday 28 dd younger goes in for testing -mini's
Thursday 29 dd younger has to stay home - weeklies
Friday 30 dd younger takes off device and may have a party yard work
Saturday: 31 family party

Return to “Basic Week Plan”