Basic Weekly Plans

Lynchpin of any organizing effort. Discuss your weekly plan.
blessedw2

Re: Basic Weekly Plans

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:53 pm

Round Robin

April 23 - 29, 2018 done
:D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:51 pm

[color=#00BF00]Monday, April 30 to Sunday, May 6, 2018

Week is done!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun May 06, 2018 9:56 am, edited 11 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 01, 2018 9:15 pm

Blessed — explain the round robin thing you’re doing, please. Are you just listing all the rooms/areas and trying to hit them all quickly each week, in addition to what you really do deeper cleaning in as the zone/focus area comes up?
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:09 am

I am kind of a cheater with my round robin. I count my BWP work and my zone as hitting that area.

example my basic weekly plan
Monday: kitchen and laundry room
Tuesday: bathrooms
Wednesday: budget don't begrudge it
Thursday: Errand
Friday: car and purse (again I con't my car on the house robin)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Round Robin

Monday through Friday

1 Front room
2 Front hall
3 Front step doesn't need it
4 Dining room
5 Kitchen :D :D
6 Family room :D
7 -3 season room
8 Basement
9 Laundry room :D
10 Bedroom ours :D
11 Bedroom 3 :D worked in that room for about 15 :D
12 Bedroom dd younger she is doing well on this :D
13 Bathroom 1 ours :D
14 Bathroom 2 girls :D
15 Bathroom 3 powder room :D
16 Garage
17 Outside front
18 Outside back :D
19 Car
20 Desk :D
21 closets

AGAIN NO MORE THAN 10 MINUTES

What I do. I look at the round robin list and choose it in the morning - I do 10 minutes no more! I literally stop because I know it will come around again.

1. I choose a room a day -(I also don't do Saturday's or Sundays as I get burnt out).
2. choose what you want to do in that room - if there is clutter in there I do 10 minutes of decluttering or just a clutter check

example - my basement time
------my basement is filled with dd's stuff and my -not put away- clutter.

I am doing 10 minutes of put away or make a decision
(which I usually go into screaming and being a brat but it is ONLY 10 minutes and lol I sometimes only do 5 minutes because my little brat inside is so loud and pouting - "I don't wanna"-
I am starting to see a small dent in that room.

Sometimes I just don't want to do the job and put an x next to it - if I miss it twice then I must do it the next time first.
I NEVER BEAT MYSELF UP OVER THE ROUND ROBIN.
------------------------------------------
RE: ZONES

]I pick 3 - 4 jobs from that zone area - I don't always get to them.
I have those 3 - 4 cards on the refrigerator - if I choose to do them. I am not perfect by any means.

TODAY ON MY ZONE: FRONT ENTRY:
taking 15 minutes to really scrub the stairs going upstairs. It's amazing how much you can do it 15 minutes. I will check this off my round robin

-------------------------------------

HOME BLESSING:
I do Kat's home blessing broken into 10 to 15 minute jobs because I am lazy to do it all at once. I am too tired lol.
Monday: surface dusting only
Tuesday: clean spots only on mirrors and windows (glass surface and fast on bathroom doors)
Wednesday: quick vacuum - not moving any furniture upstairs and family room- and surface vacuum wood floors - no crazy anything - and swiffer rinse walking paths.
Thursday: as I have garbage day Friday: empty garbage cans and swipe (surface only) with clorox wipes.
Friday: change and wash sheets - put them back on (always hard lol) and wash dog/cat bedding.
Saturday: I take either clorox wipes or a sprayer and swipe off finger marks I see - no more than 10 minutes.

I love this now - I hated it at first - my inner brat- but my home is consistently touched even if it doesn't look like it :shock: :lol: animals and me

I would be happy to put pictures up of my journal /cards - I am not sure how to do it here.

THIS IS NOT PERFECT AND I AM LAZY AND MY INNER STINKER CONSTANTLY GETS ME OFF TRACK. 8-)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat May 12, 2018 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:37 am

May 6 to May 13, 2018

done :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun May 13, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 27 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun May 06, 2018 10:56 pm

I've got one more problem with all this.
By the time I spend an hour doing the really intense vacuuming/dusting/etc in whatever the focus area is -- well -- when do I fit in the declutter and other misc tasks for that zone? Because that vacuuming stuff is going to need to be done every time I get back to that zone. Stretching it out 11 months is a long time, you know?
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:42 am

It sounds like you may be over-goaling and being too hard on yourself. (it is simplicity thinking not all or nothing thinking (lol that I suffer from often and have to catch myself)

VACUUMING THIS IS A WEEKLY HOME BLESSING CHORE - IF YOU HAVE A LARGE HOUSE YOU CAN DO FIRST FLOOR ONE DAY AND SECOND FLOOR ANOTHER. (LOOK HOW D DIANE IN DENMARK VACUUMS - FAST AND SURFACE)

I don't do intense vacuuming etc. I really don't - I only (sounds silly) do walking patterns on rugs upstairs - when that comes up on the zone I do that and sometimes I miss it - it will come around again. (it doesn't happen over night but these little bits of time add up to huge successes)
I also don't move furniture except maybe the chairs in the dining room when I quick vacuum.

TIME ONE ROOM WHILE YOU DO YOUR WORK AND SEE HOW LONG IT REALLY TAKES. IF IT IS MORE THAN 5 MINUTES YOU ARE OVER THINKING IT.

(my wood floors: are on the first floor
1. I take a swiffer duster and swipe things from the sides to the middle (takes a minute at most in a room)
2. I do a pathway and sides (no moving things) and quick vacuum - I can still leave a dot or two (I don't let perfection get in my head because I know it will come around again),
3. I then use a swiffer mop and quick go over the walking area nothing more! over repeated times things do get clean.

NOW FOR THE ROUND ROBIN: 10 MINUTES NO NO NO MORE THAN THAT - STOP AND SAY I SEE YOU AND WILL GET YOU THE NEXT TIME AROUND - IT REALLY WORKS FOR ME! AT FIRST I DID NOT SEE PROGRESS BUT HITTING A SPOT AND BEING MINDFUL NOT TO ADD MORE CLUTTER TO AN AREA REALLY HELPED ME. IT REALLY MAKES A DENT. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED.

You and I can work on this together if you want. What I found most eye opening was taking my timer with me and go through one room and see how long it took (in the beginning I had "stuff" on the floor and I first threw everything to the side and just vacuumed that way. )
-------------------------------------------
STUFF/CLUTTER AND ROUND ROBIN OR ZONES - PER KAT DO NOT DO ZONE CLEANING FIRST DO CLUTTER PUT AWAY - PUT AWAY, GIVE AWAY OR TOSS FOR 10 TO 15 MINUTES : this is where I used the round robin in the beginning (one room at a time - only - If I miss a day it is okay and usually I did 4 days a week at 10 minutes each)
I went Monday through Friday 10 minutes NO MORE
use your timer

I started with 10 minutes with a put away mind (not decision about toss, give away or put away) - remember to STOP at 10 minutes and don't over do that as it will come around again.
1. I started with garbage and dishes 10 minutes
2. then go the next day to another room on the round robin list
3. when that room came again I worked on laundry in each room on round robin - no more than 10 minutes - I didn't make decisions I just folded it and put is away (the round robin will come again for you to S L O W L Y make decisions.

I think for me: learning to be mindful what was in my hands so I just didn't drop it helped too.

ALSO I AM TRYING TO FOLLOW KAT'S CLUTTER CHECK - SHE SAYS 3 TIMES A DAY - I REMEMBER 2 - AND IT IS A 10 TO 15 MINUTE CLUTTER CHECK AND NOTHING ELSE.

I can help you through this if you want. I love working with you!

I had to yell at myself a lot in the beginning saying - keep it simple and telling that stuff "I see you, I have a plan (lol even if I didn't) for you" (as kat says)
and it does come in the round robin again.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon May 07, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 07, 2018 1:00 pm

today:
home blessing: dusting surfaces under 15 minutes

10 minutes (one room from round robin)

outside work

my routines

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon May 07, 2018 5:41 pm

Thanks, Blessed — I probably am over-thinking — and over-estimating Time needed for stuff.. but when I am in the zone work, vacuuming IS a major thing. I’m not talking about the WHB — just the focus/zone that comes up every 11 weeks.
And sometimes I skip it when it DOES come up. And I NEVER move furniture. I have really big, heavy furniture, and that just ain’t happening. It would require dh’s help and he would just dig in his heels about how he “wished I could come up with a ‘project.’” When we die and ds has to clean out our house... oh my...
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:43 am

You made me smile because I keep telling dh that I don't want to have the kids cleaning our house and going through our stuff.. lol he just smiles - I think he wants the kids to clean up after us after all those years of cleaning after them :lol:

do you vacuum weekly and surface only? it makes it easier - now that I do it once a week (10 minutes no more - then I hit that the next week for another room if it is too much work) the job has become easier and easier each week. now it is not a chore like it used to be.

you are way too hard on yourself and expect perfection cleaning. You are one of the kindest caring persons that I know - I love your spirit. make it simple just do the walking areas once a week and no more.

I think you might be looking at zones with a complex view. It is just 1 to 4(at most!!! no more than 4) jobs during that zone time under 15 minutes - who doesn't have 15 minutes a week . Don't over complicate it. think about your students - there is always one in the group that takes the assignment and makes it miserable for themselves because they are making it too complicating. That is like pulling teeth and no one wants that. Just 10 minutes a week - Try it with your timer. You know the vacuuming will come back again.

My dh is horrible on our upstairs rugs - in the beginning I just vacuumed where he walked in, near the bed and near his desk in our room. nothing else. And it still looked good. 10 minutes no more! It was not perfect and that was the hardest thinking to break. Good enough is a blessing.

Choose 1 day a week for the home blessing of vacuuming. Use your timer for 10 minutes.if you only do 3 minutes then move to the next room until the 10 minutes are up. you are only doing the walking paths. I promise you will see a difference.

I will leave my home blessing up and my zone work for the week. Last week I pulled 4 cards for the zone - I only did 2 and I know it will come up again.

ZONE WORK: Pull one and only one zone work for this week: nothing more than 10 to 15 minutes - will it be decluttering in a room or will it be one thing that needs to be done. No perfection thinking. anything is good enough!!! be kind to Lucy because I like Lucy!!! :D

You can do anything in 15 minutes - don't let life or that inner kiddo to tell you it is complicated or lie to you that you don't have time to do 10 - 15 minutes of vacuuming a week. Simplify! You have got this.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue May 08, 2018 11:03 am, edited 10 times in total.

Return to “Basic Week Plan”