Cardfile Discussion from PWYC

Lynchpin of any organizing effort. Discuss your weekly plan.
Indiana

Re: Cardfile Discussion from PWYC

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:03 pm

helia wrote:

Ooohh, it's great to hear all of you who have done well with the cards!! I DO have a very large (more time moms) calendar in my kitchen. It is an essential in my life; everyone in the family has a different color for their activities. Black is the default general event color. I like being able to see the whole month; I think I'm a big picture person! LOL! I like seeing the larger context of my day. I also have 2 magnetic pads which I keep on the fridge door; one is groceries (post it list; I just stick the list to my grocery cart handle) and the other is for other odds and ends, generally a target list - though some items may need to be bought at other stores. I like the lists to be public b/c then kids and dh can add when they need to.I'm not sure I'll get to setting up the cards and box this week; we'll see.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:04 pm

Kathryn wrote:

helia wrote:I DO have a very large (more time moms) calendar in my kitchen. It is an essential in my life; everyone in the family has a different color for their activities. Black is the default general event color. I like being able to see the whole month; I think I'm a big picture person! LOL! I like seeing the larger context of my day. I also have 2 magnetic pads which I keep on the fridge door; one is groceries (post it list; I just stick the list to my grocery cart handle) and the other is for other odds and ends, generally a target list - though some items may need to be bought at other stores. I like the lists to be public b/c then kids and dh can add when they need to.

I resemble that post. Entirely. There is still a plastic glass stuck to the wall next to my calendar with the coloured pens in it. The only difference is I always used the desk blotter calendars from Staples (I drilled holes in them so I could hang it on the wall) because it had such huge squares to write in. That is now replaced with just a regular picture calendar because all the details that used to be on the kitchen calendar are now on our Google Calendar so each member of the family can read the 'kitchen calendar' no matter where in the world they are. The kids find it really helpful for knowing what dh and I are up to, and I can see their calendars as well, so can see what dd is up to.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:54 am

One of my favorite tweaks is putting reminders in my out look
on the p/c so when I check it they pop up.

I like the notebook and have daily and zone lists
in the covey style planner
the she planner has larger spaces to write in I like it.
It's time to order a refill and I like the Dayplanner has
serenity 2-page refills that I like.

I keep a smaller planner with a master groc. list and calculator in it.

Return to “Basic Week Plan”