Basic Weekly budget

Lynchpin of any organizing effort. Discuss your weekly plan.
blessedw2

Re: Basic Weekly budget - November 2014

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:47 pm

Some great things have happened since I decided to keep a running record of my spending.

1. Have a saved money: no but I also am not spending money on a lot of junk and projects
2. without thinking I automatically get out my small journal and list all that I spend
3. I am planning more but also acting. I really want to do certain things but now that I have been keeping track and not saving tons of receipts etc. I am
A. not as cluttered
B. Have an idea how long it will take to save for things instead of impulse buy
4. I still make mistakes but am learning and not being so hard on myself.

Decluttering has also helped me see my wasteful side of buying on impulse and not using it because it was an impulse to make those "perfect 10 moments" which when having too much stuff doesn't happen

what's needed:
keeping a balance current at least every week in my Visa account and my checking account
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Basic Weekly budget November 2014 actual

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:52 pm

Nov. 1
gray sweater for thanksgiving to go with scarf
biaggi's by myself a spoil (
couch (its a leather couch instead of the material one - I have replaced the cover twice and it's not cheap... our dogs black lab and shepherd hair and oils are killing my sofa - Pottery barn had double points week so I will be able to use that for other things in the house.. I put it on a payment plan)
Gas my car 43.10 dh puts it on my regular visa
Pharmacy 248.00 dh puts it on my regular visa
bill $500 geesh
grocery store 111.25

Nov 2
dh paid for dinner with d family our part

Nov 3
tile shop for corners 25.00
starbucks 17.00

Nov 4, 5, -
1 starbucks
1 mc d breakfast
electrician wow bong wowzers etc. deposit
hotel - for trip to visit dd younger - learned a lesson from this... trust your gut and get the reservations even if someone else says they will take care of it. Now ridiculously priced but now I don't have choice

November 6
had to pay visa, less than I wanted
got money for tomorrows trip
got a special tart for tomorrow (have to remember forks and knives and paper plates)
starbucks a sandwhich 5.00

made reservations for nov 7 - again don't wait for others as then everything Is booked
ordered flowers for d friends
$120 for movers

I am so tired of spending money...but the house needed to be repaired. I am having the vents cleaned (expensive and it annoys me that its so expensive) but we have cats and dogs and people with allergies and it hasn't been done since we moved here...

Nov 17 ceiling in kitchen is still leaking... called the gentleman ...
Nov 19 the repairs for the house were much more than I anticipated as some house problems showed up... including a small fire in the wiring ... today I have a payment for the remainder of the repairs for the kitchen ceiling and I have one more payment due for the rug cleaning. I won't have enough money for the month... geesh - I try not to use my credit card but I don't have a choice.
19: paid of contractor for work done..
19: spent money on christmas decorations that I shouldn't have just to make everything look super special for company... that's not what christmas is about. I am thinking of returning the lights.
20: we went out to eat - for November I still owe for oriental type rug getting clean.. waiting for them to call for delivery
21: I have to look at my book
22: took d kids out to a very nice dinner... I am not able to do that for awhile again
25: yesterday became a what budget? day... food buying for thanksgiving and dd younger's cooking.and unplanned unnecessary shopping for village. (I may return things)

December expenses outside of regular monthly expenses:
Christmas and rental car for dd's and d visiting family (as well as travel expenses for d visiting family (they are young 19 and 22ish) I can't wait to see them.
December 1: I will owe for bedrooms/basement rug cleaning,
december 2: oriental rugs come back
December 8: painter will be painting one bedroom: Super reasonable here: $350 plus price of paint (I got a price of a little over $2000.00 for this same room - shocker - so I told this painter no.)

blessedw2

Re: Basic Weekly budget

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:30 am

A year in review.. was a yikes for my budget

I did get a system in place - it was a struggle

what needs to be done: set up my desk better
biggest: PLAN AHEAD FOR THINGS THAT might happen - we had a lot of that
I want to do as DNancy does... save for Christmas monthly

a big one I HAVE to finally learn: try not to please others by doing things for them I can't afford especially with all the things that happened this year

dh and I are on the same wave length regarding what repairs need to be made

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Basic Weekly budget / reality check

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:49 pm

Reality Check!
Our holiday $ went for other stuff I was frustrated when I needed it h. Said it was gone. No gifts for each other sad face. Big sigh ...
Next yr. I AM GOING TO DO THIS DIFFERENTLY, I am going to put some aside even only $100 - $150 would really made a diff. For special holiday meals. I am going to put it in MY saving acct. Or stash cash. where h. Cannot get at it.

This yr. When people ask how was your holiday I lie and say it was good, but taxes and prop. Ins. got paid. We got a jeep in the fall. H got a battery for the truck unexpected $175 sigh.

Need to save 10%.
Tithes got pd. For the quarter.
H. Does budget we need to save for the lean months when there is more work in the summer.
Got ham that came with a free tky. Helped for holiday meals.
:idea:
Some people we know gave up cable for $ for a cruise.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:31 am

d nancy I am with you regarding the money for the holiday's - I failed miserably this year at this and for 2015 I plan on saving first as a priority before anything else.

I have to pay off what was put on the charge card (an unnecessary evil :shock: )

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:11 pm

my budget for the month is already stretched. This is getting tiring.
I am working in paper taming to get ready for taxes and for 2015

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:31 pm

thinking I need to get back on this as Christmas is coming and the lady may be getting fat but the budget is not.

I do not want to use credit cards for this christmas at all. ;)
I have august, september, october, November and the beginning of december to get my presents and plan my budget for this time.

Return to “Basic Week Plan”