Color coding

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
citychik

Color coding

Postby citychik » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:13 am

Hi everyone,
I'm setting my card system up and would like to get ideas for color coding. Do you color code your cardfiles? If so, how? By category or frequency of task? With colored dots or colored index cards?

Also, do any of you use 4x6 rather than 3x5 cards?

Please share - Thanks!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Color coding

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:47 am

Yes I do have the larger cards.
With my eyes I needed cards to write bigger on now,
and the colors are green for $ & for Chrismas stuff, & pink personal things.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:52 pm

I use 3x5 in my box, sometimes 4x6 in the thin plastic photo album I carry for on-the-go cards since it will hold either. I use 4x6 graph cards for my Healthy Habits card magnet-ed to the fridge front. I do some color coding but not a lot. For instance, I just made a new card to record what's stored in my Christmas storage boxes. I marked with a red marker across the top of the plain card and now I'll realize it's different from the other storage ones. I do color-code when I skip a chore by using color paper clips. Yellow means caution, the chore's been skipped. Red means stop, don't skip this chore again.
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:14 pm

my dailies are on yellow,
-my weeklies (which I usually do biweekly) is printed on a sheet a paper I xerox and put in my card file and write the date next to it when done. I used to have blue cards
-my monthlies are on white
-specials on 3x5 note sheets
focus page from indiana I put in front of card file to keep current on focus
-I also have a section in my card file for grocery list/errand list as I think of things I write it down

I still havent' figured out repairs yet.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

citychik

Postby citychik » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:14 pm

I started my cardfile! Not finished yet, but I'm color-coding according to type of task. Since frequency is on the card and determines where it's filed, type of task works for me. So far, my housework/cleaning tasks are white (probably because I think they're the most boring - haha. No, actually, that's just the color I had the most of), and desk day is green. I have lots of cards made already, and am still working on it.

Harriet, I like the paper clip idea - because that means you can see instantly how many tasks you must do, before you even take the cards out of the box.

Thanks for all the ideas - keep 'em coming, everyone!

PS - I like threads that have specific titles - I like to know what the subject is. The ones that are just dated overwhelm me a bit.

Return to “Cardfile Central”