Sept. Cards 2010

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Sept. Cards 2010

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:48 am

Refresh, Sharpen the saw, day of rest;
Or what ever you call it this weekend we were fishing yesterday I took my book
and chair sat in the shade while hubby fished
then we picked berried it was very relaxing.
We saw lots of folks were camping, hunting, and fishing.

Movie time:
Came home and watched a movie / dvd hubby had found at the thrift shop.
That was fun.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:36 am

I like how you said of that! dnancy. It sounded like a perfect way to spend a relaxing day!

Today I am refreshed and ready for work. I can see why we need a day of rest.
sprayed broken down house of swingset for all the wasps. :D I will start putting things one piece at a time out front
changed kitty litter.. put it off ... sigh it took 10 minutes at most :oops:
I only have 1/2 hour so I will dejunk or toss for that time. :D Its no longer a thinking thing right now, yes a blessing.

things I must do: my eating routine. back to having oatmeal in the morning until Sunday.
laundry
work on taking the swing set to front of house for pick up / cut off all nails for safety
call: my gastro :arrow:
call: dh's trac doctor appointment wednesday crystal lake 11 am
call: for pick up of swing set :D friday

10:53 am since dh is asleep I worked in the kitchen.. not wiping anything down but dejunking holiday baking supplies that aged :D . I only wiped down one cabinet as I had to :roll: I ended up going through all but 3 cabinets. tossing old food 2009 of december.. mmmm :D
I want to start on swing set but there is no time right now as dh and I have to run a couple errands. dh tried to do some while I was gone to dd15s allergy appointment and hurt his back but feels better now.
dmom took dd15 and I out to dinner after allergy appointment. she still has a hard time with comments. I think whats nice is I have learned from others that a kind word does wonders and commenting on all the "wrong" they see is not a way to influene people to do better.
acceptance for today: I am sad... no reason really, probably more worried about dh after the 3 weeks of chemo/radiation is over, will the procedure erase the tumor. I have to just be and allow that I will be sad today but still happy... can't figure that one out. I must see the gratefulness to let go of the sad feelings I have.

8:45 radiologist :D
3:30 dd15 allergist :D
8:00 piano
:D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:43 am

Today's cards I really need to pay attn. to
are Master Bathroom x, main bathroom x, both need cleaned
and there is one other card that needs attn. it escapes me now which one it is.
Cut off jeans x
vacuum basement x
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:38 pm

((blessed)) I know what you mean to be sad but still happy. You are being optimistic and have faith that all will be well but that little part of your brain is saying in fear but...

Just go with it and yes see the gratefulness to let go of the sad feeling. You will have more. I know that is little comfort but don't forget you are on a wild ride for a while.

You all continue in my thoughts.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:12 pm

actually dindiana it is a lot of comfort. I have always been a very happy person inside, I think its because I have always been very grateful especially as I have aged. I know he is set on the 3 weeks it will be over, but knowing the tumor is 10% there still nags at my mind but that is to be expected. Everyone in the family wants to celebrate for his last day of radiation but I know from experience wth cancer in my family that it is not so cut and dry. We are all lucky for the time and I have to get past the saddness to enjoy each moment as they come. thank you, your words helped me a lot.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:13 am

I feel so much better. I think sadness hits me for a day and then after sleep I usually feel refreshed.
dh has chemo today so I know that Friday and Saturday will be hard on him. :cry:
acceptance: sitting planning is not the same as working. I know I have a hard time focusing sometimes on where to go next and I assume that it will take forever when it usually takes a short time. so I making a room by room decision before 8:30
10:30 am dishes emptied and washing again :D washed dog beds 4:08 must make dinner. leave for pilates at 4:45 so I am going to take some personal time now and then take dd15.
yes I could work on the swing set but I want to work on the house while dh is gone. so room by room put away attack :mrgreen: going to try working on the pwyc :D
worked in dd15's room.. we had to empty her room (enterance to attack) for the electrition... everything is back :D

today: dh radiation 8:45 :D , chemo 10:30 :D , pick him up at 1:00 :D , dropped him off at target mall at his request :D pick up dd15 at 3:30 :D , picked up dh :D dd15 pilates :D
hope: get to bank, I owe dh $10

laundry: truth moment: I still have the laundry separated on my bedroom floor... since I know I can't pull a all day laundry wash I will put it in the laundry hamper and just get started. LIving with laundry on your bedroom floor is not fun :oops: I definitly don't want to go back to that type of living, I haven't been there in years and I know from experience that being "hopeful" that I will get it all done is not benefiscial for me, but being realistic and putting the laundry back into hamper will give me the clean floor I want. loads washed: :D :D :D dried :D :D
Must: continue working on the swing set. no time yet... grrr...
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:06 am, edited 6 times in total.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:36 am

blessed you are right although this round of radiation is ending it may not be the last. The doctor could decide one more round. I don't remember how long of a break there has to be inbetween rounds.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:10 pm

yes I agree dindiana... dh is set for that day as the "end". I worry about him being disappointed as he really thinks it will all be all fixed. praying it is but being realistic that probably isn't the case.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:09 am

okay... tired moving s*l*o*w****ly****

yesterday we went to the store and filled up on canned veggies etc. again

radiation 8:45 home :D : , 11 am (leave at 10:30) trac doctor 1/2 hour away :D , pick up dd15 at 2:05 :D golf dd15 3:00, :D youth group 6 pm :D need to pick her up still (leave at 7:15)
I am tired just thinking of driving

now s2s
breakfast oatmeal thin slice of french bagquette
cucumber salad
tuna sandwhich, diet coke
water
watermelon
snack: cheese stick shouldn't have.
grapefruit
dinner: chicken, leek casserole, green beans
water again.

fold laundry in machine before leaving :D :D :D wash laundry :D :D :D :D dry :D :D :D :D didn't put away yet.
12:45, I will make dinner what I can... I have to go to the bank... tired and getting a sore throat
1:45 I made the chicken/leek/portabella mushroom casserole, I have green beans ready and need to make a salad :D
I still have to rinse dishes and put in dw.
6:41 dishes washing themselves :D
good news: dh's tumor can not be seen on xray any more. hard for dh trac was replaced with one that is closed and dh keeps choking. he is feeling better now. :D :D :D he is starting to get persnickety again... so I know he is feeling better.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:50 pm

Happy for you and dh that the tumor is no longer visible on xray. blessed, my dmom's radiation oncologist gave her 2,000 IU of vit D daily following radiation (not during) and asked her gen prac dr to check her D levels in with the other regular bloodwork every 3 months. Sorry the trach is bugging dh! Hopefully he'll get used to the new way soon.

I am beginning to miss one-chore cards! You can turn a lot of those over and feel virtuous! :? So often lately I don't get all the way through one of my grouped-chore cards. I am working with smaller chunks of time more and more.

I had been "saving for good" several packs of colored 3x5 notepads. Silly! I pulled the cellophane right off of them and put them into use. These are supplies!!! Even if they are pretty, they need to be used.

Return to “Cardfile Central”