October 2010

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
blessedw2

Re: October 2010

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:06 am

yeah dnancy and pumpkins and putting away outside furniture!!!

Our weather has been so nice here that I started to wonder if I was too early doing the outside...but chicago weather can be beautiful one day and snow the next day. :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:14 am

I ended up sleeping most of the day away. I can't seem to stay awake. :( so I must be fighting something.

dh has a appointment an hour away from here today and dd15 has the day off today so my dmom will be taking her out.
I have to make an appointment with his neurologist to start weaning him off of the anti seizure meds.

dh 11 eye doctor :D
dd15 cancelled pilates as dd is with dmom

So happy I have been granted with a deep faith. It may get challenged once in a while but the peace that comes with that is a blessing.

my goal today is to work on
focus of the week: kitchen - clean top of refridge :D , clean toaster :D , clean phone :D , clean front of appliances :D , (future - order new knob for stove as ours keeps on falling off)
clean top of washing machine (oh my goodness it was bad :roll: but it's done :D )

Important: :arrow: with dh not well we couldn't work in there
dejunking focus of the week - living room: help dh go through the meds in there to see what is good and not good, have him go through side cabinets too with my help, look at what can go upstairs, realize, same with books on the coffee table he is collecting...I will move anything mine as the frontroom is now his sanctuary
SATURDAY: DD15 AND I WASH THE FLOOR AND DUST IN FRONT ROOM

and holiday focus - start the holiday gift list in binder as usual... I print a copy from the holiday grand plan the budget and gift list :D , I card file the rest (print weekly very small and it is in card file :D
someday area: finish on front door, ask dmom to come with me to make copies of dgrandpere's pictures for chrismas card and gift.
desk duty for the day: send out anniversary card and birthday cards to next weeks anni.and bdays

plus laundry, a quick room by room walk through DONE :D (my bedroom: put new ink in printer :D ), and if time allows paint the front door..I still have to sand parts dh had done before.
6:44 am believe I can do it and know I am responsible for making my house a home.

cont...
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:58 am, edited 8 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:48 am

7:47 am october 21
spackled front door again of spots that I missed or dryed in (put away tools for that after washing) :D
did a load of dishes; now drying :D
room by room: mini
kitchen . counters, table, done :D
family room pick up and put away (dogs got a container) :D
3 season room put away :D
my bedroom :D
dining room :D
9:13 am
laundry/dog room :D kitchen focus :D
9:57 finished room by room walk through a put away or garbage toss done .. dd21's room.. only one thing and the girls bathroom put a garbage bag in there for dd15 to do. only grabbed garbage in car :roll:
next garbage through house and water back yard plants :D
now to s2s, call mom, leave at 10:45 for dr. appointment :D
add errands to list: went to att store for new phone as mine finally died. :D barnes and nobles :D
3:37 pm ready to work again... it's nice not having to sleep.
5:46 pm sanded and painted most of front door outside one door :D , inside both :D
Friday: vacuum in between front door and screen door and then paint last door front after washing :arrow:

6:00 pm drop off at food pantry :D

future: cleaners drop off and pick up , pick up at wolf camera, target: new broom (mine finally died), buy another black ink as I used the one in drawer today (for printer), paper for printer,

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:55 am

october 22, Friday dd15 is off today yeah.

get garbage from garage outside. :D

I have to do what I didn't do yesterday in the front room in order to keep up

dejunking focus of the week - living room: help dh go through the meds in there to see what is good and not good :D , have him go through side cabinets too with my help, look at what can go upstairs, realize, same with books on the coffee table he is collecting...I will move anything mine as the frontroom is now his sanctuary :D
SATURDAY: DD15 AND I WASH THE FLOOR AND DUST IN FRONT ROOM

kitchen work: clean under stove and under cabinet, if I can clean under refridge. (may not want to today :o ) :arrow:

also finish the one side of front doors :D
laundry is another priority wash dry put away one load washed only :oops:

cleaners drop off and pick up :arrow: , pick up at wolf camera :arrow: , target: new broom (mine finally died), buy another black ink as I used the one in drawer today (for printer), paper for printer :D

holiday focus: bring labels upstairs near desk to start addresses for Christmas cards. :arrow: I did find xmas addresses
monday: dmom comes over to help make copies of grandpere's pictures for christmas card and gifts

time to start 6:36 am at 7:30 went back to bed. I woke up at noon. I feel like I am getting pnuemonia again.
cont
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: October 2010/ Reality check!

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:46 am

H. cleaned the carport, patio, and front walk way he shoved every thing in the front of the shop so we can't get in there! Sigh! I will have to move stuff most all of it around. I don't know if I can even get my rake out I wish he would have thought this through a bit more
last year we had a path to the back of it. The mower is in there already that usually goes in last, OMG! I don't know if this is helpful or just more work for me later. A couple of chairs that
were going to dd's did not make it and now we are paying the price of not getting those out of here! Sigh. Thanks for listening.

Had to bring the drawers back down to the basement b/c they had not been picked up yet by dd. But with the tragic stuff going on for their friends this week it is the least of their concerns. Dgson's room make over is going to the some day card now I think!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:16 pm

a quick hi to dnancy!!!

me cont...
2:13 I want to get out of the house but dh is not feeling well still, I would love to spend time with dd15.
physically I am not well yet.

garbage guy picked up all the swing set except one large piece I have to cut in 1/2 with the sawz all
but everything is gone otherwise :D

proud of dd15 she donated 10 items as she got some cloths from dmom... hard for her.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Winter weather snow above 4,000' in the west
:idea:
time to get the winter gear in the rigs.
Blanket x
boots next up :arrow:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Nancy it IS hard when things don't work out the way we want especially how you wanted the chairs to go etc. ((())) you have been really working hard... so you need to pat yourself on the back for all you do!
plus you have grandma duty and life. so I think you need to be easy on yourself.
also I agree that with all that's happening it's hard for them to grab those things. Remember in your mind you know they are going and a decision has been made even if it can't get out yet.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:12 pm

Blessed thanks!
Hubby pointed out that he can move things and will help if I want to re-arrange it.
Also we will not need it 'till spring in all likelyhood.

I was able to return a couple of items that I got this week that did not fit so glad that I
did not put this off!

Got some time out and vegged for a while this morning, I needed it and that was great!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:21 am

hard to believe it's saturday. I have slept most of the week ... hoping this week I feel better. :D

tomorrow after church:
carve pumpkins, dd15 has to figure out what she is wearing for a halloween gathering
finish the applesauce

dinner: swedish meatballs, veggies, egg noodles (measured), cucumber salad cooking :D
in slow cooker making a roast for fleishnocha for tomorrow

bring down charlie brown halloween to watch tonight... family pictures
errands: cleaners :arrow: , donation place 1 bag :D
move books I am not reading (3) in dh's office.

laundry separated :D

xmissed from yesterday: clean under stove and refridgerator :D i need to clean this area more often
focus added: clean lamp in kitchen
find stove brochure to order the knob

dejunking focus: front room: take the videos out of there and put in dh's office as they are not being watched. dd15 and I will work on this room to dust and clean the window ... no need cleaning people that came in also did that.. whoooo for hiring them before the party :D

xmissed holiday: bring up labels to my desk for cards.

work on dd21's room. We have been throwing laundry in her room in the hamper (hiding head in shame :oops: )

I am doing the bible study from the church I usually do bible study with but can't this year. It's called the "bible in 90 days.. actually it will take the whole bible study season for me. interesting as I am in the old testament and fasinating that most of it is a history and living guide for the people of the time.

other major work again: laundry

Return to “Cardfile Central”