Jan. Cards 2011

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Indiana

Re: Jan. Cards 2011

Postby Indiana » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:15 pm

blessed you have a good idea talking to someone.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:09 am

building birdhouses is so creative. I have heard of this as fun for men since my dear uncle did it for the bluebirds when I was a teen. He was always so fascinated when they would actually build nests in the houses.

blessed, I was thinking about some of what you said and realized I know part of how you feel. HRH has always had more health concerns than I have and although we are the same age he has often mentioned that it is as if he is older. Because of his digestive problems he can't enjoy going places like other people do (and like he used to). When his mother was here recently she brought up air travel and he said he would never fly on an airplane again and I was shocked to hear that. It never dawned on me he was starting to consider some things on the "Never" list. That pretty much means they are on my "Never" list, too! On the other hand, he is often saying to me that things will get better, or he will get better - he does realize he is missing out. I hope your dh can start seeing that what he chooses to dwell on or what he chooses to do turns out to be what you will have to dwell on or do when you are with him. I hope he can see his horizons as broad and varied.

I'm a little slow this year on updating my organization, my cards and planner, etc. I know the inspiration will come. I think the financial stuff, being a downer or boring, has gotten in the way, but I will get inspired.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:11 am

thnks you all!!!!
I may have finally gotten through to him (at least for now ;) ) yestrday he did not ask to go any where... today he started to say he wanted to go here and and there, his usual spots but I told him what my needs were today, what dd15's needs were and wanted to know exactly what his needs were so that at least he gets the big picture instead of getting frustrated. dd15 says guilts his middle name lately and she rarely complains. but today he looked for things himself, washed the pots we had left over and his accomplishing some goals he made yesterday. 10 years ago type of thing. so I think he is really trying. he has never had goals but live day to day with more whim then purpose but now that he has gotten a bit of a reminder he is trying and seems more focused!

dishes are done, counters clean. I have my dailies pulled but not done.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:34 pm

Today it was good to get up to a clean sink again! Love that, I did it during the break between quarters when the sugar bowl was on last night after dinner.

We have a plan for lunch and the stuff we are doing this week.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:42 am

I am sorry you had such a difficult day yesterday dnancy. We all get frustrated and I am sure grkids will learn that everyone gets upset at times and learn how to handle when they too get into disagreements.
I also understand about fear based decisions. it's like you know that it isn't healthy but sometimes can easily fall into the trap of it.

by the way woo hoo on the clean sink!!!

dharriet...I am glad you understand about how if a spouse see's themselves being older then they really are.

dh this week after my putting limits on the shopping and talking about goals and purpose has become a little younger since then. he was sitting all the time in the frontroom, shopping for purpose of being busy, and no rhyme or reason in his life. (I know it will go back to that again but now I can remind him). he has been busy and happier for the last couple days. He is trying hard to be flexible and I am finding him occupying his time better. I also am going to take the things he loves to do and put it in plans over the year. I am also asking him the day before if he has plans for the next day where I know I have to shop etc. Also doing things for me that make me happy, I stop my outdoor activity from time to time, fear of not being physically fit to do things I love to do. I have a fear (ridiculous of walking in the neighborhood with our dogs (not good on the lease... follow me anywhere but in neighborhoods can't do that), uncomfortable walking at night even if it is a safe neighborhood...so a goal of mine to get out nightly at first (lol where no one can see me) and walk to the street done the block.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Harriet building birdhouses is so on my list of things to do with dear grand son!
Thanks for those kind words blessed. Grand kids were all here yesterday and it was great
h. & I are both better and we all were looking forward to the family birthday dinner later in the evening.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:42 pm

blessed it was good to read of the changes since you put limits. Some times we need a wake up call.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:53 pm

I'm trying to cut back on p/c time.
Sat. no p/c at all!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:07 am

wonderful dnancy!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:10 am