Oct. Cards 2011

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Harriet

Re: Oct. Cards 2011

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:25 am

Today is a Round Robin by 15s for me, but sometimes I still use a card and check off. 7 places equals 2 hours if I take a 15 break after first hour.

Living
Dining
Kitchen
Front Bath
Hall/stairs
Our Bedroom
Our Bath

Usually for a Round Robin I just do the things that are bothering me the most in each space, rather than going by the card that I have for them. So it is more of a catch-up than a real rotation cleaning. Actually it might not be cleaning at all for some spaces - just dealing with what's bugging me.

It works well for a "half-cleaning day" on the weekly plan. It's easy on the brain - very little planning! I take a basket for "things that go to the next places". :)

Vitamin order card will be ready for refiling today, too.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:30 am

I think I will have to follow you on the room by room 15's my house needs an hour by hour routine for 365 days to catch up 8-)

today: is monday: bathroom day/ still working in dd16's room.

so :oops: when I stop having fun then it's time to change. each weekend I have been working on the house and not on time outside.

picking myself, I would say dust myself off but I have so much dust that if I brushed it off me and it fell on a nearby dog You would find her again. but going to the job I was working on yesterday.

another toth: worked in dd16s bedroom going back again.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:25 pm

continued working in dd16's room. 11:27 I am going to get lunch and work again

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:37 pm

I had to be partially sidetracked when I remembered promising dd to wash her linens for her today, but I'm almost back on track. Also had lunch.

:lol: about the lost dog in the dust. I was :oops: when HRH had to move the printer away and work on it and there behind it was so much dust. I had been treating it like a piece of stable furniture when I should have been treating it like a movable appliance.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:46 pm

I still have more to go (take down the boxes) still have to have dd vacuum. We had to cancel dr. appointment on the way there.. dd16 started feeling sick. meatloaf is cooking. I need to make phone calls and work on all the homework I have.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:57 am

Rotate Seasonal Clothing Card is up.
So I've been pulling my summer clothes out of my main dresser and putting them in the other one for storage, and now I can think about getting out the long sleeved tops & winter things I'd put away in the summer in the other dresser.

Blessed the Home Work Card is an important one in every home! H. was pointing out some tweaks that we need to do with dgson's after school routine yesterday, so we will try to implement that today when he gets off the bus.

Harriet I worked on the weekly stuff yesterday here floors, today I need to finish up on the bathrooms. Got the mowing done too the exercise & fresh air made me feel great afterwards.

We did a bit in the basement also got a slab upstairs and out on the patio for under the small Webber for a prep. surface not unlike a counter!

I have some round robin stuff to take care of around here also.
Pick up living room it's now freed of hot spots.
Vacuum basement done yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:38 pm

dear Harriet... dust behind the printer... am I supposed to look their too 8-) :lol:

hi dear nancy too. I am going to have to get my card file working for me again. I think I am so tired that I am LETTING things go and just not doing my cards. It is time!!!

I am going to get my projects started that are due next week and the week after. way too much stress trying to do them the week they are due.

today one of the girls (20) said she finished her presentation right before she came to class... "no biggy" wow I wish I could write easily as it would cut my homework time in 1/2! I think I have to think of my classes in a more professional way. I used to pretend I was a professional homemaker when I was young and that housework was a joy.. giggle.. I went to work with purpose and effort taking pride that I was working even though having too much stuff overwhelmed me I did work hard on all that was needed.

I think I have to make a routine again. because having no routine is NOT working. I have an observation tomorrow morning in a preschool classroom so I know I HAVE to get my cloths together, color my hair, and find (yes look for) my make up. Boy to I want to be organized again. ;)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:46 pm

I might have to come here daily to really work on daily and weekly cards again. no lazies.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:32 pm

finished preschool observation - I made the mistake of not getting enough sleep, not eating or drinking before observation (I didn't eat until 1pm) I got there at 7:30 am.

goal today: finish report. read chapters make notes do print awareness item... the one I planned on wont work as my sunflowers got mold on them... geesh. I have to write a report on my kindergarten assessment and observation and my preschool teacher observation and infant/toddler observation. and I ammmmmm tired. lol

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:43 pm

I am soo tired, not sure I can stay awake :geek:

Return to “Cardfile Central”