Oct. Cards 2011

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Oct. Cards 2011

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:57 am

Way To Go Blessed!
I've been feeling puny due to a sinus/ear thing that might be an allergy & my get up and go got up and left yesterday evening did not accomplish much but feel better today after resting so that helps. :mrgreen:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:01 pm

Crafting Time Card: Christmas Crunch I what I'm calling it.
I have been thinking of some things to do with dgkids and remembered gift in a bag we make up with the odds n ends of cereal they have left here it goes into a snack mix. I made with the older grand kids; dgd will love helping make up a batch of that this year.

Left over marshmellows from camping, odds & ends of trick or treating candy and / or ch. chips, carmels ect. could go into it and bake on low heat for ten min. and cool she can help
bag up this yummy crunch mix too. I'll have to be on the look out for some containers for it. Ice cream tub rinsed and dried would work great!

So I'm gathering up items for this to do for this craft saw Debbie Macomber on one of the shopping channels last night with her Christmas cook book for this year saying that she does gifts in a bag with her grandkids each year!

I have two snail mail letters to write, time to think about cards for bdays holidays etc. too.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:51 am

I love that "Christmas crunch"!

nancy are you feeling better today? hope so!!! :D

I am going to work upstairs today (I am so disgusted in myself with the lack of work I do now a days - I feel for my dh)

we got a mouse in the kitchen. I knew we did when I saw the kitty staring at the bottom of the dishwasher and then I took a spoon out of the drawer and used it, i did not look and gross the mouse had been in there. I am not sure if the kitty got it but I know have to bleach everything.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:53 am

dnancy I am glad you mentioned snail mail because I need to get my christmas card list together.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:57 pm

Yes thanks for asking blessed I'm feeling better that was until I made that Christmas Crunch not a good idea to eat that stuff for lunch! LOL! I did have some protein too. For now
I've re-boxed it up in cereal boxes so that worked out good will send 2/3 rds of it home with the grands to get it out of here! LOL!

Sweep & Mop Kitchen x
" " mop dining room x
" " mop hall way x

" " Mop ad dd's x
Vacuum @ dd x

Get VCR going again x

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:49 am

lost yesterday as I got carried away with an art/school project and tv. :x

today is a dusting vacuuming day.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:05 pm

Blessed I've so btdt with TV
I could list the shows on Bravo CMT & other networks I love but I won't :lol:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:04 pm

We are doing the trick-or-treat thing tonight, early because a nearby church has an event tonight while the little boys are here.

But I had almost forgotten - the smart homemakers among us complete their Christmas Cards on Halloween evening, don't they! LOL! That is so far from my reality right now. I will try on Halloween to look through my cards, though, and perhaps also get the stamps chosen by looking at the USPS site.

I cannot really "see" how we will have a normal Christmas this year. My ddad hasn't had a tree in the house in decades, and then certainly not one of the very aromatic ones like I always buy. I wonder if the scent will affect him and he won't like it. Also, I'll probably have to do a lot of shopping online rather than in person... hmmm. I can't see how decorating will go. Simply must plunge in to things and let it be.

mouse - I am looking for any evidence of the wee beasties, and worrying more if I catch myself not leaving the kitchen pristine each night. With such a strong, young male cat now I feel if there is any real help from a cat - from its scent even - we certainly should get that benefit this year.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:14 pm

Harriet Maybe you can bring in a bough sp? or tree branch and see if there are any allergies if so you can quickly removed it. If not try the real thing! Maybe your dad will remember trees from his childhood you never know! Let us know how your "new normal" is going.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:14 am

hello dladies!!! hi dnancy, hi dharriet.

have fun trick or treating dharriet!
lol about doing all our christmas cards on hallween evening! lol

I haven't seen new evidence of the mouse. hoping younger kitty got it. older kitty hunts outside but has gotten lazy daisy inside. We always get mice as soon as it gets cold outside, they come in from the woods.
what was weird this year is my sunflowers (giants) had a mouse living in the top of the largest one (as they bend they make a nice spot but I was suprised a hawk didn't see it.

hoping to carve pumpkins tonight.

I am going to challenge myself to get on the pwyc board on a regular basis. hoping it will help me focus. school is taking up a lot of my time. busy work more then really important work.

Return to “Cardfile Central”