Jan. Cards 2012

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
blessedw2

Re: Jan. Cards 2012

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:50 am

this week:
January 21 to january 28

saturday: cat litter, shovel our walk and neighbors :D , house cleaning plan, menu plan :D weeklies place through out week, tons and tons of homework
Sunday: cook for week - muffins, soup, oatmeal cookies
ymca with dh
dogs too

will have to add focus and focus days to this week
monday: Ddyounger school, 4:00 dd olders kitties get them shots, phone calls for appointments, letters desk day, bathrooms
tuesday: school me 7 to 5, dh take dd younger to pilates, work out at home or between classes
Wednesday: School 7 to noon, dd younger spin 7 pm ymca after school with dh
thursday school 7 to 11 ymca with dh, ddyounger pilates 3:00
Friday: major house work

future focus: Easter, paint bathrooms, Paint hallway, paint dogs room,
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:21 pm

Spring Cards: Go over your my calendar this weekend for spring.
What are you looking forward to. What plans do you need to make.
Are there new theme dinner and fun things to look forward to for the next few months.
Use your journal for notes. Here are few to get you going.

Theme dinners
Valentines day fun
St. Patricks day fun
Vacation plans
Spring break
Yard & garden goals
Seasonal parties
Easter dinner

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:49 pm

Star Wars Theme Sleep over at granny's card Repeat as needed.

We did a star wars theme fun time; dgson brought his fav. star/wrs movie with the ewocks in it and dgd wore her star sun glasses [we got those for 10 cents at the thrift shop a while back], dgson had breakfast on his fav s/w plate.

Snacks: popcorn Meal: Corn Muffins

Fun activities might be using a wrapping paper roll for light sabor type sword or getting one from the $1.00 store! * Note: remind dgd son to bring his toy one next time when he comes with that movie! Look for cape to use as costume!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:09 pm

Go bag for vacation / prep.

Vacation three states away in the car for a couple of days. This might be just the card you need! A go bag every 100 mi. or so have young ones open small gifts or snacks previously wrapped in a bag that mom or dad pass out this could include mad libs; activity books colored pencils, cards, small things like G.I. Joe figures, Polly pocket sized dolls. Thrill and fill golf balls or egg type things hidden in the car near by. Puppets small books could go in this.

Kids getting so change where they sit in seat rotating is one thing we also have done.

Some of this can be something done several months ahead of time keep your eye out for things to go with your theme check on line for ideas like party supplies for things you can use.

We used to stop at road side attractions for a bit of education along the way and a place to stretch our legs. Having some thing to look forward too helps with the traveling.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:10 am

I am horribly tired today but I have to be gone all day. my goals: I picked three cards today from weeklies: vacuum kitchen floor, vacuum bathroom floors, change 1 kitty litter.

dailies that need to be done
1 load of laundry
dinner ddyounger is making. she made great crepes yesterday
she thought she would take the left over crepes, fill it with left over chili, top wth a bit of cheddar or mexican cheese and bake with shallots or green onion and cilantro on top (sounds good to me esp. if I dont' have to cook ) :D

dailies: make bed b 4 leaving, I didn't do dishes last night but I have to, shower, counters stove, throw something from fridge that is over due, sweep the kitchen floor, swiffer it
a load of laundry done by each person in the house
play with the animals
clean 1 kitty litter
put away from one room,
dust one room surfacely
throw out one thing no matter what
go to bed..no tv bring a book
homework homework homework

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:25 pm

{{{Blessed}}} Do take care of yourself!

Bare Minimum Cards Doing the bare minimum on cards while I have this cold here this week has been what I've been chipping away at. A bit of progress is better than zero is my motto!

I'm going to pay attn. to the kitchen this morning. x
Sheets are up. x
A bit of zooming with the vacuum I left out to remind myself I need to do some today. x living room only.
I need a meal plan heading to pull some turkey burger patties out of the freezer now! x

Trash Day I'm SO thankful hubby did that! x
Granny duty this afternoon & evening. x
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:13 am

feel better with your cold dnancy.

today: I have to do the cards I missed yesterday. sigh but then again I will meet it with a smile
today I was going to go to a conference However there wasn't much on the list I was interested in today; so I will be going downtown thursday and friday instead.

so today will be homework and laundry and organizing my papers.
since I am home and didn't plan on it I will make the soup for us and the muffins for dd to take to school
so getting my timer out and doing an hour of prep on my papers, an hour of homework, a half hour for excerice then a 1/2 hour for house work and starting all over again.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:14 pm

Blessed I too have some cards to do today that I missed yesterday!
I did not have a lot of energy but did get the laundry done and rand a load of dishes.

Today's focus main bathroom.

Defrost deep freezer prep. has been done and now it's thawing!
Got the ice chests inside and every thing is out of it now.

We've made it to the library Got some kids books to ready to dgd and a DVD from a book we've loved in the past gigle giggle quack by that author only other books she loved 'em click clack moo / and others. It was good to have some thing different and new to read to her and fun new pics. / illustrations for her to see. Winnie the pooh books tend to be a bit wordy for her still.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:42 pm

Nancy and blessedw2, I hope you both feel better and rested.

blessed, what kind of exercise are you doing these days?

Nice to see helia dropped in - helia, as far as how the thread works, I use the thread in different ways depending upon my need. I try to post when I have an idea or hit a snag that might be helpful to others to know, or for which I could use input. It also helps to report. Right now I'm trying to make my weekly cards work for me well, so I have been posting about that more.

Even though bathrooms are tomorrow's weekly card, I finished up the front bathroom weekly today while my ddad went back to bed for a nap. I've learned I need to do the front housework while he is in his bedroom, and look for opportunities. He is easily worried about the bathroom not being available, or the vacuum disrupting the tv sound, or generally worrying about what I'm doing.

Kitchen looks so nice today from yesterday's weekly card getting done - this is how it's supposed to go!!!

Disappointment - Trash Day card failed again (not card's fault, now is it?!!!) because the trash guys are coming EVEN EARLIER. Sigh. I had already moved that task up to first thing Wed mornings, filing the card on Tuesdays. Now it seems they are coming in the dark of night! Good grief. I give up and will make it a Tuesday card, filing on Monday.

New Card - Made a card to remind me to renew library books.

I filed my "Check Next Month" card under Sunday the 29th, thinking I'll have the best planning time that day.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:53 pm

I need to head to the sewing room as I have a bit of mending I want to work on a bottom sheet ripped and I can tweak it to be a top sheet on the crib mattress for dgd if I just hem it!

I got a couple of things loaded in to the car trunk from that zone; I'd set a side for donating that felt great to do today!

Return to “Cardfile Central”