Jan. Cards 2012

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
blessedw2

Re: Jan. Cards 2012

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:56 am

Good for you both dnancy and dharriet.

My weekly cards I had tossed before thinking I could just use the binder. I can see that does work. I also miss the 3 x 5 note bads of temporary things that come to mind. I also used to have a file card for errands and for groceries that i miss.

I don't even know any more what my weeklies would be. :( I think thats why I fell behind like I did

today: work in 3 season room and in basement
walk
play with dogs
clean kitty litters

projects for school take pictures along the way

call dr. to change appointment
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:28 pm

Blessed I did that too when I first went to the planner put my plan on it tossed the cards, and the planner sheets and did not think to keep a master of it.

I have a hole punch I can punch larger cards for my planner and make lists on the back of those, use 'em for notes etc.

I'm working most of the stuff in a mead comp. notebook for now and as I get ideas for tweaking cards I'll do them in pencil. I read on the chapter [March] for goals and dreams this weekend.

Put away Christmas tree, wreath, and Red Christmas cookie container cards x are up for me today plus granny duty. Finish Cleaning Main Bathroom aka scrub the tub. I like to put scrub sinks & other like surfaces but can't find the spelling for it. :lol: {porcelain ?}

Laundry x
Sweep upstairs x
Take meds. x
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:06 pm

For 2012, I am back to P and P's weekly cards grouped by room/area. That's why I seem to know what I'm doing, blessed! :lol: For my house, there are

Living/Dining
Kitchen
Our bedroom
Front bathroom
Our bathroom
hall/stairway/upstairs
and my ddad's bedroom
Desk Day
Errand Day

They don't all take the same time, so I'm trying to figure that out, and tweak by combining so I can spend about the same amount of time on each of 6 or 7 days a week - still thinking about Sundays. Because we've had "52-card pickup" with my ddad moving in, I won't know for sure until I have them all at maintenance and then time them. P and P had mending/handwashables as a weekly, too, for instance, and in better weather, I'd want to add in the porch/walkway. Also this depends upon dd13 continuing to maintain her own room and closet.

But the big question mark is, it's tough to clean after my ddad - there are problems all 'round and lots of questions with that right now, and that's why I can't necessarily call the front bathroom and his bedroom the quick rooms they look like they could be. Also, let's be honest - the ENTIRE other house is not even mentioned here, now is it? Right now Errand Day is a shambles of mini-trips. And when the grass starts growing... wow. So my Weeklies are definitely still " in progress ".

One more quick point on Errand Day - I really miss the part about getting the car clean on that special day. That is not happening.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:29 pm

Yep Harriet I hear you our car needs to be cleaned too I used to leave the car out after unloading groceries get the wrappers ect. out of it and do my purse too. ~Sigh~ with h. driving he puts the car away to prevent bird droppings on it. There is not really enough room to open the doors and clean it very well. Food goes in the trunk for access. With the weather cold it's not been a priority but I can tell that it needs done!

laundry x
bag up three bags of leaves for today x
granny duty x
dinner x
dishes x
read chapter in P & P's book this chapter was on $ & office stuff x
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:05 pm

lol I like how you said : "That's why I seem to know what I'm doing, blessed!" that made me smile.

hi dear nancy too. I have to run out and do errands early.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:20 pm

Q.T. x
Errand Day x
hand wash x
Granny duty x
Groc. shop x
Put away groc. x
Journal sort of last page in this one on the go so stopped short with that.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Okay it's Desk day here H. does bills budget etc.
I changed out his winter clothes and he got his shorts out so I can put and X on that card.
Today I'm looking for my B.W.P. need to update that a bit found it yea!
Meal and Menu Cards need some attn. as well.
Thurs. used to be my writing day / this week it's granny duty
The book said that P & P changed from 1-31 days to M-Fri. ones.
Looked on the library web. site and they have a book I want so I'm happy about that! Yea!
:idea:
I punched some recipe cards and put them in my planner for T.F.D.'s notes etc. last night.
I can put lists in it and this is the fun part now. I like to decorate the cards with stickers,
drawings, and use diff. colors of ink too. :mrgreen:

This week I got a thank you card for the cookies I gave a neighbor during the holidays when they had a death in the family.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:49 pm

I did a lot with desk day on my planner / Happiness file system tweaking yesterday.
Still working on this with granny duty today I"ll not have as much time but I"m hoping to begin getting it in some sort of working order and free up the spot in the living room and dining room
I've had tied up doing this for most of the week.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:43 am

ended up sleeping all day yesterday and feeling yucky the last couple days (ended up having a migraine). (too bad we had a nice gentle snow and I love snow days).

the clutter is still building in my house!!!

heading to the basement for dejunking and put away

getting nervous about school starting next week. I have to get an exercise program in place.

weekly: I have circle tabs in jar and just pulling them at random for the fun of it.
focus: bedroom
1 drawer kitchen
laundry
wash
dry
put away

theorist: get ready for next week
arts: preschool: list on paper ideas to bring to class.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:49 pm

Today's Cards; Notes & Ideas;
H. is leaving for work so I'll be getting to my journal, working on my Happiness File tweaks in a bit so that will be short lived as my Ex. card is up at ten in 15 min. kitchen is ok but could use a bit of attn. :roll: I've slept in today it's my day off. Working on my groc. list time to get new furnace filters so h. can change furnace filter. H. got the filters but they are the wrong size.:roll:

I embraced my Free Day Friday Card today with total abandon watching movies!
I did daily cards and a bit of cooking making cookie dough ahead for the grand-kiddos got ice cream cups for them also.

Dgd always asks for an ice cream sandwich then says no to the cookie! LOL! I did not bake them I'll wait for baking day. I am working on a healthier oatmeal. I did some Cooking Ahead some pumpkin the other day for planned left overs and it's nearly gone. Soup is on the meals and menus for next week with the cold weather we have in the forecast this is great. I found a Super Bowl Party Menu in my notes it was from the white house no fruit or veggies on it made me proud I"d at least thought of a veggie tray! LOL!

So here in the states it's Martin L. King Day Mon. for a no school holiday p.o. & banks will be closed also.
More granny duty too.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Cardfile Central”