Jan. Cards 2012

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Jan. Cards 2012

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:15 pm

A few of today's cards:
s2s x
tweak recipe x / meal plan
defrost deep freezer *=under way
Granny duty this evening
writing day / send e mail xxx
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:15 pm

If anyone else is using any grouped-task cards, I have found a good way to use post-its to help with those. I have been taking an ordinary yellow post-it note and cutting the sticky edge off at about 3/8th inch. That fits perfectly down the right side edge of a card. I date the top, like 1/26. This way I can check off every task on a grouped card, right beside the task. Next time I get to the card I'll know if there was anything I missed. For the 2 bathrooms, I put a line down the middle of the post-it strip and wrote "F" and "M" for front and master at the top, so I could check off for each. (As of 2012, I'm trying to do both bathrooms together on the same day - in the past I've just refiled the card and done the other bath a different day.)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Great tip Harriet thanks for posting that!

Did any of you happen to the show catch on HGTV "Selling the Spelling Mansion" last Fri.?

I liked how she addressed the letting go and had what looked like a SHE system of storage.

The put post it notes on things; diff. colors for each and they had a simple S for storage, D for donate, and A for auction on boxes and items.

Things were photo graphed and cataloged that were in storage. They had a note book with the clear sheets so she could look at it then find the box it was in. Can't imagine how much time that took! But I never expected to learn anything about organization from that TV show!

She sold whole collections of things like dolls.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:06 pm

Yesterday was our Errand Day did our rounds groc. shopping, bank, and got stuff needed for tax prep., went to the P.O. as stamps were needed used the last one mailing a pen pal letter, dropped off a bag of donations, library was not needed this week that's next.

Valentine prep.
Got a pink cake mix maybe doing a pink "Barney" cake next!

Grats / aff.
I was reading in my devo. about encouraging your self with a file on happiness and have thought about when things were better and victories that helps to battle discouragement.

From the thrift store got a blanket for dgson, for dgd one puzzle 2 books, a fuzzy stuffed bunny, one book for me and enjoyed that a lot. Got the new Ink Joy pens and love those! Great idea for tweens!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:10 pm

Holiday Decor Round up
Take a box and go through the house looking for odds and ends of holiday decorations that did not make it when you undecorated, light bulbs, candles, coffee mugs, plates dishes & napkins with holiday themes, front door wreath etc. red or green extension cords, Santa shirt or sweater, Christmas earrings, can go in this as well. This card is green and what I do in place of the the 25th holiday prep. in Jan. put away things in the box.

helia

Postby helia » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:08 pm

Do any of you organize cards by day? I've wondered if that would be helpful, as in, these are the cards I strive to complete on this day. I don't do that but I've wondered. Along those lines, do any of you organize cards by room? I do group my cards by room but they are all blue weekly cards. I've wondered about color coding rooms or days in my card file.

This week:
Mon - needs to be a pretty strong cleaning day since I have a steering committee meeting here tomorrow a.m., including up to 9 tots. :shock: This is also my grocery day and there will be the visitation tonight + getting the girls to and from their first acrylics painting course.
Tues. - focus will be on Hebrew homework, but I hope to do towels and bedding and some other weeklies; funeral in late afternoon
Wed. - hebrew class will take up much of my day; should be able to get in a few weeklies
Thurs. - chuch moms group + WW mtg. (if I can make it) + dd13's oboe lesson + Thursday dinner crew here + book club will take up most of my day. I don't imagine I'll get to any weekly cards.
Fri - teaching team meeting will take up my morning; will do a groc. trip to prepare for the weekend. work on weeklies

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:56 pm

Laundry Day here today.
Tues. Trash day.
Granny duty mid week days.
Free Day Fri.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:55 pm

helia, as you know I'm trying to form a Basic Weekly Plan and drop a grouped Weekly card into each day of the week. Right now it looks like the one below. ( I've plugged in some other cards I need to keep in mind.)

Other 15 minute cards dropped in day after day for 7 days are Focus cleaning area and Declutter area, which "travel" through the week and are replaced next week by the next areas.

Monday - LR/DR - partial errands
Tuesday - Kitchen - dr's appt for dd - Trash Day
Wednesday - Bedroom - dr's appt for me - HRH away
Thursday - Desk Day -
Friday - Bathrooms - HRH away
Saturday - hall, stairs, upstairs(?)
Sunday - ddad's room - partial errands

New card made - change household filters (at the same time to keep all on a regular schedule)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:42 pm

Tues. Trash day card is up [Mine looks like this. ]
Donation Day Weekly
Load dontions in car today for donation day this week.
On your errand day deliver & drop off donations that you've loaded in the car trunk.

Tweaked my card file looked at Feb. cards and found some great quotes got inspired!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:51 pm

Nancy, on your holiday decor roundup, tomorrow I will take down the card wreath and pack the cards away labeled 2011. I always leave them up through Jan. I'll put the usual painting back that hangs there and that will be the end of any Christmas decor out in the house.

Because I did it today, I know I made it to the trash/recyclable cans before the men will! Took out 3 bags and 2 recyclable boxes today.

Am loving my new post-it notations from week to week. Today was Kitchen Weekly and I knew exactly where I'd left off last week. HRH paid me a compliment and I wish I'd scribbled it down. Something about making a lot of progress. Some people would say a compliment from your spouse is not such a big deal, but in another way, he knows more about what's gone on in the home than other people (and the obstacles), and knows what he's talking about.

Return to “Cardfile Central”