Jan. Cards 2012

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Jan. Cards 2012

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:29 pm

Happy New Year!
How are you doing on your cards so far this year?
We have two birthdays this week.
Are you having a super bowl gathering? That is next month I think.
Put up 2012 calender. x

Declutter Card: This week get old TV out of the basement is up. x
I saw on the thrift shop reader board it said they needed knick-nacks so that's a great place to begin de-cluttering! I've been sorting some of the videos and have some in the trunk to go. A few need to go back to the grand kids we do not need two copies of the same movie here. I've sorted a few books to go also. Toys are next!

Un-decorate card is also up. I've been rounding up Christmas decorations, cards, knick nacks, Christmas quilt & red & green calico bears they are down stairs now in to their storage containers. Creche is down and put away all the Christmas stuff except for the tree & front door wreath. Today I noticed that the Christmas tree glass dishes were still on the table down stairs staged and ready plus the Chrismasy tablecloth is on it too so I"m working on clearing it off and putting those items away.

O.M.M. Card: {On My Mind}
Foods n such: Taste wise I did not like replacing butter with applesauce or pumpkin, so next I'm going to try replacing half of it. My focus is to up my fiber intake.

Update Address Book It's a great time to do this card.

I.A.C. Immediate Action Card
s2s x
Dust the shelves on the entertainment center.
Kit. spiff x
Dishes & unload dish washer x
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Harriet

Re: Jan. Cards 2012

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Hoping to tweak my cardfile well for/during 2012.

A happy few moments last evening spent glancing through Sidetracked Home Executives book.

Hoping to become more thoughtful - I'm going to re-do and update the 12 monthly "dates to remember" cards (from Sidetracked Home Executives page 149 in case anyone has this reference available). Most important - keep refiling the "Check Dates to Remember" card monthly! It occurred to me that part of doing that card might be little post-it reminders if you've already bought greeting cards, or have one that would be good for a certain occasion. Sometimes I forget I already have a card that would be good and either buy again or give up. I have a "B-day 3-year-old" card I now find myself saving for the next grandchild to turn 3, having forgotten I owned it when the last one did!

Speaking of post-it reminders, which are so helpful, I use torn or cut pieces and don't worry about it - I'm not trying to keep the post-its neat, just the cards underneath.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:23 pm

I am joining both of you. I need to really focus on my card file/journal again. I like when I am on it. the house likes it too.

bought my school books so that is done! it took over an hour and a half trying to find the cheapest books.

my goal is to:
get exercise in my morning routine
check my classes see when they are to work my workout in and my focus and decluttering.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:38 pm

Harriet in the Happiness File book on page 72 is an explanation of the tickler file reminder card. Got my book out after your post.

Today I've got granny duty a bit longer but dgd & I are doing things together and I"m picking up stuff, sorting, organizing and de-cluttering as we go and I've freed up one box yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:16 am

I re-bought my happiness file.

I am working on a couple things today

- taking down christmas greenery (so no fire lol) tree is officially outside :D but now I have to put away the ornaments-all the breakable ones put away well. :D put rest away tomorrow :arrow:
well- donate anything I don't like, wrapping the lights separately in their own bag helps me for next year. I also have to vacuum the floor in front room now. :D dh
-take down live christmas tree :D
-wash floor in front hall :D
-vacuum stairs :D
-wipe doors in front hall :D
-vacuum front hall under things and floor :D
-everything Christmas is out of front hall. :D
-take down lights from frontroom window :D , dining room window (dh) :D wash window :D : ddyounger likes the fake snow that looks light the individual panes have had snow.
dh took me out to lunch :D
cat litter :arrow:
missed powder room yesterday so here I go :D

dnancy: I know my grandparents lived to their 90's and still had butter, but my grandfather was good he would say "enough is too much" I wish I could follow that.

homework: Pre homework some done :)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:34 pm

Way to go Blessed tell us about the Happiness File!

I looked and my Jan. Card is blank! :roll: Maybe it's a good thing like a clean slate!
Desk day for tax season. Getting farm paper work ready for the bookkeeper is one of hubby's to do I know b/c he was telling me about it last week.

Today is trash day here I have the can rolled out to the curb H. got it ready last night * star for success! Yea! [This is a weekly card. that H. does now]

:idea: Found some items ready that we sorted last year to donate but did not get hauled off so I'll get those loaded. Yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:14 pm

good for you... nothing on January.. dear Nancy!

have a wonderful day

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:45 pm

My Happiness file is large; I out grew a shoe box then got the idea to do it on line.
I pared it down to very basics after kids left home, same for the Holiday stuff that had gotten out of hand doing the Christmas count down thing but it was fun! LOL! :idea: With out kids at home holidays are way different here. I'm reviewing my book now I think it's time for a re-read.
It will be different for us now that the kiddos are gone.

I told hubby I'm not going to "stage" for showings this year it's clean enough! LOL! We will see how long that lasts.

Clean gutters x and go to dump x is one card that's up hubby this week he said.
Load donations for me. x
Purge Planner x
Yea for progress.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:38 pm

selling a home is sooooo tiring!!! dnancy!!! Any time we or my dmom sold a house it wasn't the ones who came when it was perfect who bought it. clean yes, perfect no. I know the house we have know the woman, who I still admire and know, had it clean but there were baby toys, toddler toys. my mom's last house was sold to a man who rode by on his bike. He had admired it before and had been riding on his bike and relized it was for sale and asked to see it. He bought it the next day.

it is true on how Christmas is different with kids home or not. even though it's crazy it is fun!!! lol

wishing you a great day!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:01 pm

Yes, we wrote tax checks, ours and ddad's, today as well - sobering. Much worse than last year here as we had a very controversial county reassessment since then. Very last possible day to mail, in my opinion, is tomorrow. Some will wait one more day but i don't want to chance it - they charge you a month's interest.

Return to “Cardfile Central”