Jan. Cards 2012

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Jan. Cards 2012

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:09 pm

Way to go Blessed!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:57 pm

thanks dnancy!!!

I did 2 hours of homework :D
computer 1 hour (finishing up things for ddyounger) :D

now vacuum ddyounger and olders room as a favor, change sheets :D
well i didn't vacuum yet - but I did do a small put away in her room, changed the sheets and put the winter comforter on dd youngers bed. :D

vacuum upstairs :arrow:
clean tiles (?) not working well :arrow:

I need to go to the store to pick up carrots etc. small groceries: :D
fresh market, jewel for yogurt :arrow: , polish store for sausage. :D (they make the best)

tonights dinner lentil soup with polish sausage in it. :arrow:
yesterday had left over coq au vin and made polenta with parmesan cheese
night before coq au vin and butter noodles, vegetable tian
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Waving to all who enter this thread! Good Morning Blessed! Way to go on doing that home work.

I worked on some cards and getting topics to journal about goals ect. last night.
This will be my month for reviewing that.

Br-r It's 27* out this morning I was going to get more leaves out to the trailer but that will have to wait until it warms up a bit.

Doing my Evening Routine Card was what helped me the most last year. So I need to get back on track with that.

OMM; I've done the morning spiff aka a.m. routine card today while having a challenging conversation with hubby if we need to re-up the house listing. ~sigh~ I said I wanted 24-48 hrs. to think / pray about it. Wondering if I"m just wasting my time doing the clearing exercise for this place or not b/c don't know how long we will be here! ~sigh~

Change Table Cloth Weekly card x

Take down tree That is tomorrow's goal.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Reposting this for a reminder - I've often thought these two ideas might help sometime. Good to know they can be done.

This webpage teaches

1) How to make vertically lined 3x5 cards out of 5x8 index cards

2) How to make a reusable dry-erase check-off section on cards with a strip of (shiny-type) tape

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January means things are better here but 2 days of long dr appt responsibility this week puts a damper on what can be done. Seems like it takes time to get over those days, too.

Trying to keep myself strictly to a well-done Morning Daily Card means starting a load of laundry early and getting the kitchen back in order while it spins. Well done afternoon and evening dailies make things hum.

The idea is to do a weekly per day, but still haven't got that back under control yet, which makes me wonder about myself!!! But some little part of a weekly for another day (like desk or errand things) keeps creeping in to the day I'm on!!! If they would sit still I'd have them under control. So much of the day I have to be quiet so vacuuming can't be efficient. I'll keep up with trying.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:00 pm

Thanks Harriet for that link!

I've been working on the leaves in the back yard one more fence line done so now I think I'm half way through with this, cleaned the patio while I was at it.
I've gotten my exercise doing that and a walk today. :mrgreen:
Trying to figure out how to fit in defrost the deep freezer and the open house this month ack!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:51 am

I LIKE the idea of doing a weekly each day so it's not so overwhelming!!! dharriet

good morning dharriet and dnancy.

My dinner from last night will be tonight since ddyounger really wanted a quiet evening.

I have been up at 6:30 am and did nothing!!!! I did watch Laura Caulder chefography this morning and it reminded me to live life with passion. Sometimes I forget. Every year I focus on something and many times my family says I am obsessing when I do that, I know I get into a subject for the year but I tried to let that type of thing go but I found myself existing instead of having fun. I like the focus and I loooove learning new things. It gives me such purpose rather then floating.

so back on track with that focus.
this year: finish my online boating class for my boating license

kitchen counters are clean, sink are clean, still have to put a couple christmas things away
:D dining room presentable but floors definitly need washing

today: do what I was supposed to finish yesterday first.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:56 am

Today h. has asked for my help in lifting a trailer utility tongue up so he can unload stuff from the job site I'm going guess it will be at least part of my exercise for today.
Dgson has a bb game later on.
Groc. shopping x did that last night.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:31 pm

:idea: I found something that works in my Happiness File a larger post it note size for notes lists etc. and I put them on a card for short term tasks things I"m working on or until I get all the info. to create a real card.

When I was reading and it said a note pad I thought to my self well I use my post it notes for that so thought I"d share in case you ladies have not tried it.

This system will work where ever we live I'll have to tweak it a bit but that helped when I remembered that.

Hubby helped me think of a few things to go on my Weakeness, Dreams and Goals Cards
the assg. was to list some things for these. After the fight the other day some weaknesses were easy for me to see, & he pointed out one or two. H. helped me think of a couple things for goals / dreams card like expand the patio.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:08 pm

I became more courageous by doing the very things I needed to be courageous for ~ first a little, and badly; then , bit by bit , more and better ,being avidly ~ sometimes annoyingly~ curious and persistent about discovering how others were doing what I wanted to do. Audre Lorde

QT x I did that before church getting back on track with my daily scripture reading is one of my goals this year.
Church x Last year to get back in to church was a goal yea for success with that! :mrgreen:
We can check one thing off our goals list now. We took a walk through of the annex building where they have the kitchen classes etc. at church we had not been in the building.
It is still a work in progress with sheet rock up and fresh paint on steps inside are still under construction. x Glad we went as it was a great reminder on how to strengthen faith and 6 points pray, read the word memorize etc. I took notes and need to think about getting more paper for my planner. {I got a new Bible it's the catholic version one I think; :idea: so I'm reading the book of wisdom mine did not have in it.} I took pampers for the nursery I found while de-cluttering dgd is potty trained now so don't need 'em. They were happy to get those. I took cake mixes in for snacks for the youth, now I don't have to smell it cooking!
That age group is old enough to make their own any way and I don't have to worry about messing 'em up in the transporting process, and they can use them as needed and they won't be old / stale before the day they meet on mid-week it's difficult for me to do it b/c of granny duty.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:02 pm

Found some little items I couldn't resist - mini post-its in 4 light colors; a $1.89 plastic utility cardfile box with a better clasp and plastic than I've had; a ring-binder (D-ring) for 3x5 index cards with 2 matching plastic dividers and 50 hole-punched cards. The box might be for addresses - we'll see. Also rubber gloves which were much needed.

Getting closer to the one-weekly-per-day ideal. These would be grouped cards, of course. Don't know if I said that. There are 5 things on " bathroom weekly " card, for instance.

Return to “Cardfile Central”