Feb. Cards 2012

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Feb. Cards 2012

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:20 pm

Welcome to ♥♥♥ Feb. Card File ♥♥♥ Central.
So what cards are you working on today?

Some of mine include
s2s x
breakfast x
granny duty x
exercise x
devotions x
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Re: Feb. Cards 2012

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:12 pm

Super Bowl Menus;

White house super bowl menu [last year]
wings
cheese burgers
pizza chips and dip
potato salad
no veggie tray

high carb
----

Our super bowl menu;
wings
deviled eggs
veggie tray
crab dip
humus dip
cheese dip
little smokies
chili

lower in carbs not low in fat

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 pm

OMM Card
Today I'm thinking about getting an Rx taking care of I think I need to get one more going before I head out to pick them up. Granny duty is in a while. Floors need attn. I got some dusting done in the main bathroom yesterday I need to do the same in the master bathroom as well.

Cut bangs x

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Today I'm working few cards at a time here.
first round
breakfast x
journaling x
qt x
ex. x [ride ex. bike 30 min.]
Sweep & mop upstairs x
lunch x
:arrow:
next round
vacuuming x
fetch mail x
put last back of leaves [for now] in trash x
sweep carport x
return library books x
1st store run x

third round last one I think for now any way
dishes x
put away summer shorts for h. x
pick up creativity room x
spiff bed room x
spiff lr x
cut h's hair x

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:12 am

Wow, you were busy today, Nancy! You got a lot done.

Today I went back through my record-keeping so far this year and paid attention to laundry I have to do. I learned that I can actually pare the main loads down to 7, which is a magic number for smart rotating, of course! I was able to see that "lights" is a mini load these days - not a main load like it used to be a few years ago. Also there are 4 or more regular mini-loads. (This goes up if anyone buys a garment that needs to be washed alone at first.) And there are seasonal loads, but that goes under Focus more than laundry.

Anyway, it's made me start wondering if I can chart this on cards. I've never had cards that had info about WHICH laundry load before. I don't know if I want to assign different loads of laundry to days of the week, but it is interesting to me that I could if I wanted to. But I do want to use the cardfile to keep me on track somehow. We'll see!

Does anyone chart/rotate laundry loads in the cardfile? Maybe I should ask, has anyone ever bothered to chart them at all? :lol: This may be overkill!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:51 am

Harriet ~ I just have a Daily card that says
"Laundry -- something -- ANYthing!"
Obviously I was feeling a bit desperate when I wrote that card!
Of course, I'm only dealing with 2 adults. Your situation is much more complicated.

The question is --
Would scheduling specific loads on specific days make life easier (don't think too much, just mind the cards)
or
would it lead to more frustration (didn't get that load done today, now the whole week will be out of sync and I'll never catch up)
?

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:52 am

Yeah...... :oops: I woke up this morning after sleeping on this and thought about the frustration part. Hmmm.... That sounds like disappointment waiting to happen as soon as our lives hit a glitch. Rotation would be do-able, though. If I made one laundry card a month with the main loads on it and checked them off in rotation, that would still give me the no-brainer benefit of just minding cards, everybody would still have clean clothes, and I would be sane. If I get desperate for more record-keeping :roll: I can always jot a quick date instead of a checkmark. Thanks, BookSaver, and I love your card, too. :lol: Planning is great, but sometimes we need to be reminded to just DO IT.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:37 pm

Laundry card is up here today as well first load is going.
Granny duty is in a bit dgson will be here.
Bed is made.
Coffee is brewing.
Mom's Valentine card & letter is done and ready to mail.

Harriet is there a way you can transition your ddad to napping in his room instead of the couch, by rooting him off then you could clean spiff it up and others could have a spot to sit I suppose there are times we just have to institute new rules.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:39 pm

Bought HRH's Valentine card and hid it in with the tupperware, lol! That's a good place - he never looks for tupperware!

Made a "Laundry" card with the loads printed. Post-it down the side of this lets me track rotation, with the month in the corner of the Post-it. Can easily track the rotation for a month with just a little bit of yellow paper to throw away each 1st of month.

Wall calendar at the desk area is not as much help to me as I'd thought - I think it's time to say this is a failed $3 experiment and take it down. Somehow it is too big - too much on display, awkward to write on. Some of the notes I need to keep on a calendar are private. Small cheap weekly/monthly planner seems more to my needs, can be folded up and tucked away, and only one week visible at a time even if it's open. I like the tabbed month dividers that are laminated/plastic on the full month pages, and the spiral binding that lets it open out flat rather than making you wrestle it when you write. This one is Blue Sky brand and was $7. Can't see how I'd need more. PlanAhead makes one I have used before, nicer binding that matches color, about as cheap. So this is my kind of "calendar" - a calendar for a private person, I guess!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Harriet I know what you mean about too much on display. For planning I like a smaller one I can hold. Speaking of calendars I was looking on one of ours and lint begins the 22 of this month so I'll be giving that some thought.

Return to “Cardfile Central”