April Cards 2012

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

April Cards 2012

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:30 pm

What cards are up for you this April?
Tax Prep. done yea!
Easter Prep. anyone?
I love the Free Yard sale idea Blessedw2 and her hubby are planning after Easter!
We are talking about grass seed here and trying to finish up on the yard work between storms.
Yard work begins for us here this month.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:05 am, edited 4 times in total.

Harriet

Re: April Cards 2012

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:13 pm

blessed, I will think of you tomorrow and pray you have a great time and put your varied skills to use well!

As I got to the end of March, I could clearly see on the laundry card that laundry had been going in rotation very well through the month, but that a bathmat hadn't been washed all month, so I got that done yesterday. That's the kind of thing that is valuable to me.

Two birthdays for our family this month, so those need to be planned.
I want to be ready to have a quick Easter Egg hunt here at our house if that's what the grandboys want when they come. So I need to get out the plastic eggs and see if I have some treats, buy some if necessary.
Need to call dstepdil tomorrow morning and see if we can plan cleaning time together at my ddad's house.
I have a really bad weed I need to kill as soon as it stops raining. If I wait much longer a little problem is a big problem.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Harriet thanks for joining us!

I need to get out the Easter stuff for grand kids forgot to do that the other day.

Today I dropped off some donations by the church on the way home that stuff had been in the trunk for a while.
This morning I sent off e-mail to dsis today glad to get that done.
Trash can got to the curb and back in now after trash day here.
We've loaded bags back into the trunk for recycling next time we are at the store.

I was glad I had a couple of cake mixes on hand so dgds could "play" in my kitchen making a cake to go home for their step mom's bday, and cookies for snacks. Now I need to get a list going for next time we are at the store. They were out of the bricketts h. wanted to get.
:idea:
Meal plan today is drum roll please .... make crock pot soup.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:28 am

Today I'm getting out things for dgkids Easter that I have on hand for fun today while they are all here together to enjoy!

Planned left over crock pot soup is on the menu for one of our meals great weather for soup here this week as it 's too cold to grill this was a great alternative.

I worked on some craft projects yesterday and finished up two of them.

Got the dishes and laundry current and did my exercise in on the excer-cycle.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:39 pm

The first bday party here went well. I've been able to pick up all the paper items for the second for tiny prices.

Still trying to get together with dstepdil. It's not absolutely necessary that I have her help, but it sure would be nice; she's so experienced, strong and fast. Keeping up two houses when you can't leave the person you're caring for without someone else being there - you end up needing help.

As far as weeds, another area has cropped up as a problem, so that stays on the agenda!!!

I don't know how I ever got along without post-it sticky edges for my cards. They help in so many ways. Just little strips to write extra info. I've also learned that if I want to refer to one and not throw it away, I can just re-stick it to the back of the card. They stick so well they don't come off as I file the cards.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:13 am

Harriet I'm glad to read you are trying to get help thanks for the update.
No birthdays here this month; Easter was at dd's house.
I'm still picking up here after last week granny duty.

The weed battle has begun here as well. I've mowed a couple of times and it's going to need it soon maybe today; rain in the forecast so not tomorrow, if not I'll consider later on closer to the weekend.

I dusted yesterday and cleaned the playhouse it was in dire need of attn. swept and moved some of the stuff the older kids had taken out of the loft part.
Hubby did get the taxes done yesterday plus some more shredding making good progress on this but it is on going. Trash is at the curb it's trash day again here.
I got a snail mail letter in the post. did some catching up on e-mails last evening after dinner that felt good.
:arrow: Kitchen needs attn. as I was mostly outside yesterday what a treat to be able to say that!
Laundry needs attn.

:idea: Making a point to get one of my other meds. ahead for Regular insulin this month need to be getting that on an Rx card I suppose. H. suggested that I do it with the others not sure why I've not done it with that kind strange that I'd not considered it!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:33 am

Creativity is intelligence having fun. Albert Einstein

Some cards that are up for me.
QT x
Journaling x
s2s x
breakfast x
Dishes & kit. spiff x

Go to dump x
Zone work outside weather was nice out! x
Make chili x
Laundry x

Sheets x
Laundry x x x
Granny duty x
Pick up bedroom x
Vacuum upstairs & down stairs x
Sweep x
:arrow:
Mop floors (Bath, Kitchen & dining room)
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:49 am

One down several to go:
Pick up creativity room hot spot x

Kit. spiff & daily stuff.
Sweep and mop floors (Bath, Kitchen & dining room).
Vacuum upstairs & down stairs.
Sweep deck and patio drive way.
Decluttering - h. is working on that with the movie collection he has making good progress yea! :mrgreen:
Water new grass. 8-) Sun in the forecast the next few days here.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:46 am

‎"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

Yard Zone Work Mowing card is up yesterday it was too wet due to the rains we received. I've been mowing in patterns this year. The purple leaf plum is nearly done blooming and the apple tree has begun it has bloom on the lower third of the tree. It's lovely when it's in full bloom. Some years it's all open by Easter but has been too cold this year. Dgd picked a tulip for her mom yesterday. The red and white ones are in bloom here now and the later daffs. Oregon grape is in bloom very fragrant and lovely yellow blooms the bees are busy!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:26 pm

If you want to see what you have never seen, you've got to do what you've never done!

I am SO glad that I mowed the grass yesterday it rained in the night and sprinkled a bit this morning flowers are lovely our youngest grand daughter picked tulips for her mom yesterday one with a bulb still on it we had to replant! =D

Return to “Cardfile Central”