May Cards 2012

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: May Cards 2012

Postby Nancy » Sun May 13, 2012 11:01 am

Oh would some power the gift give us, to see ourselves as others see us!--Robert Burns

May is a busy month for lots of folks competing with Dec. for contention of the busiest month. Graduations, and of course Mom's day, then Memorial Day Weekend comes buzzing along with Gardening and yard work.

Luckily I enjoy the yard work part so that's some of my treat for mom's day. I'm getting the yard ready for a gathering here for mom's day family comes over and it's a great motivator to get it in shape as it's been too cool to enjoy it until now. Lawn chairs to clean, tables to set up, weeds to get to. Flowers to plant. :idea: Plus Getting the yard in shape gives me a wonderful place to enjoy reading on mom's day weekend as well!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue May 15, 2012 11:12 am

Genius is the ability to receive from the universe. --The I Ching

Half way through this month has me thinking about the rest of things going on around here and a few plans we are making for next month and this summer. School will be out soon and schedules will be changing. Swimming lessons, beach days, hanging out at granny's, time to read, do crafts etc. are on my mind this morning. How about you?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:44 am

wow I am going to have a life again now that school is over for the summer (knock on wood)
lol.

dejunking before dd16 gets out of school. she goes to europe this july 3rd so saying my prayers for a safe prep and trip for her.

goals:
dinner make this am.
paper toss.
laundry switch
1 hour yard work

starting now: 8:46 am
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed May 16, 2012 11:05 am

It's the time to listen to and honor all the parts of our personalities. We need to reflect on where we've been, plan where we want to go, and make any necessary adjustments. My future belongs to me: I will choose the best equipment for the trip. S.C. Cole

Glad to see you posting here Blessed.
Today I need to do the floors inside my main goal.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:39 am

good for you dnancy. clean floors (I am jealous). :D

today: one hour blocks today.

first

walk
play with dogs
personal care

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu May 17, 2012 10:19 am

Yes, so good to see you posting, blessed! So maybe we'll get to hear from you more with different schedule? Hope so. Dd16 must be getting excited about travel. Nancy is keeping us inspired with quotations.

My emphasis on greeting cards this year has become more positive as I am forgetting less. Yesterday a happy call about a birthday card received made me feel good. Also both dmils have called to thank for the personalized photo Mother's Day cards I worked on - so glad I had started on that project early so I had them here to send well in advance. One dsisil bday remembered, one forgotten so far. Oh, well.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu May 17, 2012 11:41 am

Being alone provides time to grow, achieve clarity, and figure out what we want. S.C. Cole

Thanks Harriet I remember that thought for the day and quotations were part of the the P&P books. Helps me to stay inspired some thing I'm in dire need of this year it seems.
Thanks Blessed!
I'd like to welcome every one especially the new people to this thread! Just post where you are.
I love the above quote because h. [hubby] was helping on a roof and I got some solitude! Yea for that.

Today it's supposed to be quite a bit cooler we went from 90* a day ago to 68* for tomorrow's high temp. I'm SO glad I waited to mow! :idea:

I swept the floors that's all but at least it's progress.
Seeds swept bagged and boxed up from the maple tree more to do.
Grand kids were here so did some home work and baked muffins they are gone now.
H. is home today.
I got sucked in to the knitting zone! LOL!
Hubby grilled our dinner last night I still need to clean up the kitchen after that did not do a p.m. routine! Ack! :roll:
Clean gutters card is up this month.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 18, 2012 9:49 am

wishing dharriet and dnancy a day full of productivity and joy

am: exercise
train dogs

trim bushes in front
weed 1/2 an hour
above ground pool open hopefully

dinner: walleye

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri May 18, 2012 7:53 pm

"The dread of doing a job uses up more time and energy than doing the job itself. "
Rita Emmett "The Procrastinator's Handbook"

sweep drive way x
make groc. list x
groc. shopping x
errands x
go to library x
ex. x
journal x
start chili in crock pot x

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 19, 2012 11:49 am

lol I have been caught in the cooking zone again now that I am out of school for the summer lol.

It's a new day... isn't it wonderful!!!!

I am happy to tell anyone where I am right now after 2 school semesters where it took over my life.
I am not ashamed as I know I did my best and need better routines for my busy time again.
dejunking is one of the main ones for me this summer, yard work and most of all time with my family.

things that I find cool that only a SHE can appreciate: every monday now I think in my head: it's bathroom cleaning day. (when did that happen) lol

today: up ground pool took longer than I thought to get the water off the top of the cover. it's still going.
im running a couple of errands

reading a chapter

do 2 loads of laundry and put away dance
and the dishes, counter and stove cha cha after dinner

train dogs
train me to exercise on the treadmill ;)

Return to “Cardfile Central”