Which Book?

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
bmwharvey

Which Book?

Postby bmwharvey » Tue May 15, 2012 6:36 pm

Hey everyone,
I have been a flybaby off and on for years, and a friend of mine just introduced me to the card file system. It seems SO much less overwhelming than the notebooks used in FlyLady. Anyways, which book should I get. I know there are 2 versions of Sidetracked Home Executives. Do they both have the system outlined along with the actual cards listed? Do any of the other books have the note cards listed out like the original S.H.E. book?

I'm specifically asking because I'd rather get the kindle version if I can, but I REALLY want the book that has the note cards specifically listed.

TIA,
-B

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Which Book?

Postby Nancy » Tue May 15, 2012 6:42 pm

If you can find a copy of Pig Pen to Paradise that's the first book easiest and love the humor in it as well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:42 am

also the original side tracked home executives
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 16, 2012 11:16 am

My favorite is Get your Act Together - A seven day get organized program for the overworked.....

http://tinyurl.com/74lsj6y

It leans toward developing a weekly plan of what is the focus for each day and developing the routines that work work within that framework.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 16, 2012 3:38 pm

The best I can tell, if a Kindle edition is desired, the only choice is Get Your Act Together. I don't happen to have that one and don't KNOW, but I believe it changes the original cards and puts more on each card than just one-chore-one-card as the original had.

Now, I like cards with grouped chores, but you may not, bmwharvey. If you are looking for the sisters' original cardfile system, you may want to get Sidetracked Home Executives. Yes, I believe the newer edition of SHE still has the same idea on cards.

What's the worst that can happen if you got both a Kindle GYAT and SHE book? You would have two great books. :) How can I even EXPRESS how highly I recommend the cardfile? :D

We hope you will come back and post with us often.

bmwharvey

Postby bmwharvey » Fri May 18, 2012 12:11 pm

Thanks all.

The ONE chore on a card thing sounds much more appealing, but I'll check out the other book, too.
They do have the newer SHE on audio, but I'm wondering if the appendices are on there. Worth a shot, though!

I can't wait to get involved more. Accountability is a MUST for me! ;)

-B

Return to “Cardfile Central”