July Cards 2012

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Harriet

Re: July Cards 2012

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:02 pm

blessed, I will take some of that cheering, too! I am taking a break at the moment before heading back to firm up my arms!

Sorry about the keyboard!

My mother's twin was critical of me and my cousins, always holding us to such a high standard, but then about the time she turned 80 she changed outlook and started saying rather forgiving, inclusive things to us instead for the last decade of her life. I don't think any of us ever "took it to heart" anyway. She said it in nagging ways, but not rough.

I would say if there is a direction of family which I have found most critical and competitive through my adult life, you probably already know it is dfirstils, especially dfirstsisteril. Still - even after all these years - I think about the events at which I will next see them and plan how I need to look/act/speak my best, rather than just looking forward to getting together. Isn't that unfortunate? I try to catch myself and GET OVER IT, but there it is. Dbil and his wife are also a little bit that way, but somehow don't bother me. Interestingly, it is dbil's wife who is always slim and trim in cute clothing, yet I don't feel concern about how she will react to me, but how dfirstsisteril will react.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:32 pm

WTG Harriet and all who follow!
Okay we did the errands dinner is done h. forgot his lunch box in the truck at work so we went to our fav. taco stand for dinner two for special and then I got a few things I was out
of at the store. I was happy not to have to cook or meal plan today.

Back home now & I've watered a bit more now that we have shade in the back yard.
Ddg "helped" me water the dirt this afternoon. I picked up apples and weeded a bit more.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:27 am

Found this in my card file
8D's Dailies write them down in your note book card file or planner.
Dinner = Whats for dinner? Dishes & kitchen dancing Work on writing down your P.M. routine.
Duds = laundry
Donation round up & Declutter for Fifteen min.
Deep Clean for Fifteen
Declaw your Paper-tiger for Fifteen
Delight in holiday decorating!
Dare to dump it empty trash and old food in fridge.
At days end ~ put up your feet and have some enjoy tea &music unwind.
---
Play time cards too!
Fun in the sun
Go to the park
Pack a sack lunch to eat
Play at the beach
Fun at the swimming pool
Dig in the dirt
Spend some time in the garden or
go to the garden shop / center.
Check out the farmers market.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:41 pm

well I AM cheering you on dear harriet! *\o/* cheering - S U CC E SS thats the way we spell SUCCESS HEY RAH DHARRIET IS THE BEST HEY RAH THE BEST THAN ALL THE REST.

Yes I agree - it hits me every so often (dmom tends to have many moments she doesn't notice). Can't say it doesn't make life interesting lol but we all have to move on and let it be. every so often I have to breath in - let it out and move on. she hasn't a clue and then can be so kind. not the warm fuzzy kind of kind but you know its love. I like it when she's in mom (or the kids call it grandma mode) :D Stress sends her into a different kind of way... Lol - she's a good person just wants to show us off in what she thinks of as success (that's the only draining part at times) - but I am grateful.

hi dear nancy you go Nancy!!!! good work

dh and I got much out to the curb and marked it free stuff. what has been taken (lol only a microscope)

okay going to push my self to dejunking again. GOING TO KICK SOME JUNK OUT OF MY HOUSE!

free garage sale going on
now the next big project toss what isn't good enough to put out and toss what crafts no one would take or what is not me any more and out of date for young people (it's hard for me to admit these type of things - it may have been quality to me in my youth but out of date now- I don't want to fall into "it's still good stuff - some one must want it" - the truth is that is not always true and it's okay to let go. I have to believe I can do it!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:48 am

Way to go every one!!!

Today's cards up next or done.
ex. walk x
pick up apples x
make coffee x
journaling x [yesterday] today x
read a chapter x finished book
qt x

errands x
cook sausage x
boil eggs to devil x
more watering
vacuum lr x
breakfast x
meal plan x
:arrow:
watering *
put away some summer clothes *
kit. duty*
floors *
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:15 pm

wooo whooo dnancy great work

my free garage sale has been a success

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:09 am

garbage man took the remaining of my free garage sale - a chair, a small table and misc. very small. I love free garage sales!!!!

now to straighten up the mess of finding those free items
I still have so much more but I got rid of so much.
it's amazing how much stuff went out the door. my dh is so happy. he feels accomplished.

well now for room to room challenge on pwyc and daily challenge. ddolder is coming home today. yeah!

no one else is going to be responsible for what I need to do - dh works so hard - this is my things I have to do!!!

(interesting item came across me the other day - I was told of a family who have been showering at their athletic club for over 4 years because of their bathrooms - they had the finances to fix the bathrooms regularly but want that perfect decorating which would cost so much more - I understand that thinking - it's that perfectionist in many SHE's as my self. everything else can fall down around but the one area is perfect that I would clean (small but boy it was beautiful) - I found that even with my crafts - my dreams of too much to be done could not get accomplished as I had too many pots in the fire - it isn't worth it to have too much going on at once as I now realize that it takes away from my time with life and fun - the clutter isn't worth it. So continuing to work on my SHE dome personality and letting go of too many ideas and just living with the ones I want to do now or within this year that are doable. I found when I started this journy years ago of letting go of too many projects I felt grief that i "should have" been wonder woman and be able to do it all - now I know that it is not possible - it's okay. It's funny from time to time I still grieve the things I had so greatly planned in my life but didn't do because of procrastination but I am no longer down on myself because I realized I overthought and was not realisitic and had no routine or plan for work and fun. especially fun. LIfe is such a joy so its not the stuff that makes anyone happy - I like a calm world where I can pick up and go and have fun with my family free of chaos)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:38 am

Thanks for sharing Blessed!

I still have most of the list of stuff not done yesterday to do today.
Ex. is done counting mowing for that and raking the back yard... that seems to have taken over my time and my life not that I mind all that much ... but in this heat not a lot can be done just have to deal with it. :idea: [So glad for central a/c and knitting breaks!]

Put away some summer clothes some more progress
kit. duty mostly done

I've done more watering and weeding tryied to keep myself busy this morning and on task.
Floors in the kit. dining room are done now yea for progress!
Lunch is done.
I'm having some cocoa coffee it's close enough to the weekend to count for me!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:13 pm

i know the heat is really horrible to work outside isn't it dnancy! I haven't weeded in awhile and it shows. our grass has not grown here so we are ok for mowing.... haven't mowed in 3 to 4 weeks grass is brown.

cheering you on as you work dnancy!!!

I am serious denial about work to be done in the house or any type of exercise - I even sat outside to watch the dogs play in the water sprinkler
okay I have to be serious and focus

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:31 pm

Harriet I'm sorry your Mom's twin was critical of you glad that was better in later years.
Blessed that reminds me how our dog used to love to bite at the sprinkler when the kids played in it when they were young thanks for the memories!

Return to “Cardfile Central”