Sept. Card File

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Harriet

Re: Sept. Card File

Postby Harriet » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:21 pm

I need to remember housework equals exercise too, Nancy. Sorry you had a battle Saturday. Glad you're back posting. I've been able to get in to post by evening only the past few days. A lot going on.

blessed, it warmed my heart to hear you'd found your cardfile plus evidence of how efficiently you were working before summer snuck up. That will be inspirational for you.

I am keeping up with daily cards but all the fires I must constantly put out here and at my parents' keep me from getting much further along many days. Also have noticed that I check off the Healthy Habits card through the morning, but then get called away either physically or mentally to put out fires, and neglect it during the afternoon and evening. So I need to work on that.
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:15 am

Dr. apt. Mon. still tweaking or "dialing in"
my insulin. Vacuuming helped yesterday a.m.
so today I'm hoping to get good results with sweeping and mopping
cleaning for exercise!
P/C was of line again yesterday a busy day
productive and I had to battle discouragement
b/c it seems to be taking so long to get my meds. adjusted.
However I'm hopeful once again now.
Keep up the good work gals.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:23 pm

Nancy, haven't we chatted before about cracked skin on hands this time of year? I have a memory of us talking about it in September, because the time of year didn't seem to make sense right after a humid summer. Anyway, for no reason over the last week my fingers/thumbs have gotten so irritated, dry, cracked. I'm using Gold Bond CoQ10 lotion at least twice a day.

Hope you had a good bike trip.

blessed, you need to check out your birthdate in PWYC. You got a lot of nice wishes.

My card file has been very comforting the past week, with a lot of things going wrong and being depressing!!! Thank goodness I can go back to the cards and feel like I am making progress, get my mind off the rest while I keep up with cheerful cards.
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:29 pm

Harriet: I have decided that cracked skin for
me any way is related to my blood sugar levels.
It is one of the symptoms of diabetes.
I have resorted to taping the cracks
helped with the pain.

Back home safely from the last of our vacation arriving
just an hour or so before the rains hit.

We've unpacked hubby got his parts that were in
when he checked the messages
learned that they'd called while we were gone.

Dishes need unloading;
laundry is going.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:25 am

Hello dear Nancy and dear Harriet.
I have been without a computer since my last post. In other words it has gone caplooey (no spelling for this :D as my home did without you all)

I have been exercising and sticking with only one focus at a time each day until I can be on track again. I am not there but I have tremendous hope and more peace knowing I am getting slowly back into my card file. Peace before Christmas is a goal for my family.

I did join a bible study again and am getting involved with women in our area again. What our study has been about was right to the point for me this week, it was about not putting yourself down as that in itself is self indulgent. 9 out of the 10 women at our table (about 60 all together) alone felt they didn't measure up. It was easy for each and everyone of them to see the pluses and joys in others, especially our children but not in ourselves. That as women we tend to feel we don't measure up, even the most born organized, kindness, smart gentlest woman felt that way. It was an eye opener for me. how can we put ourselves down and feel we don't measure up and how many women feel this way! I learned that we are amazed and cherish other people as women; but don't always just appreciate the joy of being us. Doing my best, for me right now: I am still in limbo with my body and my house. (you should see my front yard, my poor neighbors). But I am trying and I am slow but it is right now the best I can do and just keep moving forward. I am exercising and I am trying. Funny to me how women who I thought were so on top of everything plus being humble and with kind hearts felt they fell short! I was amazed and shocked how hard we can be on ourselves. an ah ha moment for me. The one question they asked ... if your children or who ever you love treated themselves or felt about themselves that we as women tend to do, would you tell them all the wonderful things they are just being themselves. the answer from the whole group was yes. So my goal this week and from now on is try to remember this and think higher of myself and abilities, just keep working forward and appreciating the gifts I have been given.
okay self enlightment over 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:39 am

Nancy sending you tons of healing of those painful cracks in skin. (so painful!!!) sending you a wave ~ to you.

Have a great day you two!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:56 pm

HI NANCY!!!
I too am finding peace in my cardfile again only slowly. My body just seems to laugh at me.
many hugs and hello to you!

blessedw2

sept 25 thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:11 am

Good morning dnancy and all.

cards to be pulled this morning have changed. I need to continue my bills as dh and I get together this weekend and discuss the holidays and future. hoping to find a job soon that works with being home after school. also laundry still taunts me so I need to finish that.

oops gotta go have a great day

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:25 pm

I'm getting back on track with the chores that need attn. here
working on the kitchen counters this week
is going well yea!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:13 am

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------hi nancy! good for you getting back on track! YOu are doing great!!! keep up the great work!

My home isn't on track at all, but I spent the last 4 days getting my money report done. a must.
but it has also helped me on the home front.
now in my card file I have separate cards that have my spending

ie: comed I have jan, feb etc. for 2008 (dh likes this as he sees how much our home expenses are).
my biggest problem has always been useless spending on credit cards. my fault only.
I have been paying off monthly but still had 2,000.00 from before january I can't seem to get to, so I went back and found that I spend too much unthinkingly on fast food and restaurants because I don't make a consistent dinner. (also realized we were using restaurants as family fun time... a little distorted, fun means doing stuff together not necessarily around food). so now my payments, finance charge and charges are on a card.
these money cards broken down: doctor and meds me, groceries, car, gas, insurance individualized etc. and of course dd13 as dd19 pays her own way on cloths, etc.
this will I am sure it will keep me on top of my things.
sounds silly but I have been putting my checking on index cards for years. 7300 - 7309 on one card
and check it off after balancing. for me it works as I have always been messy with a register and have lost them over and over again. :?

I am desperate to get back to my dailies Nancy. My card file is screaming at me to pick it up after this week and get to basics only. I have chaos : can't have anyone over syndrome.

my weekly hopeful plan this week is exercise after dropping dd13 at school, and continue job hunting.

sunday: beauty: dye my hair, check appointments and phone calls I need to make for the week, laundry
bathrooms all of us.
make menu plan for week (a must)
monday: heart doctor stress test. dd13 dentist after school,
tuesday: Laundry day and put away, find donations
wednesday: errand day, donation day
thursday garden day cut grass day
friday: floor day
saturday: family fun
sunday: grandmas house to work. church

important: talk to dh regarding Christmas. I mentioned to him yesterday about presents and he said that we had lots of time. I get my Christmas shopping done by beginning of November except for name picks (4 gifts). I would rather get almost all the major things done by end of September, I meant october . I find then I have time to do something good for others and have fun with dkids.

well best get back on track but after my coffee :shock: 8-)

Return to “Cardfile Central”