Oct. Cards 2012

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
blessedw2

Re: Oct. Cards 2012

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:41 am

today is hot cha cha spot reversal day and animal day today. (hoping)
also :arrow: following up on things left undone

dog 1 threw up all over cleaned rugs in dd olders room. dh is not happy and just needs to complain to get it out of his system. dh cleaned :D
donation made :D
piano being tuned :D
many bags (embarrassed) taken from car - bags from getting laundry done... all is put away now

dinner tonight: grilled cheese, tomato soup, veggies and red pepper dip

check in: 8:50 am.
check in #2 10:27 am trying to stick to diet. lunch not good dh asked if i wanted something from his daily fast food run...ate it and now feel guilty and yucky... ate too much and forgot to drink my water b4 eating lunch :(
12:40 more things done: put away, joined dnancy in emptying dining room cable... have last pumpkin (dd youngers) on table for her to carve (plastic and bowl ready for carving) so simple but I make it so complex ;)
errand 2 done also picked up dd from school and took her doctor
5:46 pm dinner changed to frontera grill (pre made) chili with hamburger meat i had to use. cut up onion, avocado, bit of cheddar, bit of sour cream and dd used a couple tortilla chips. car is vacuumed and spiffy (it took time but not as long as I thought ;) )

what else needs to be cha cha'd away? my room: put away books on book shelf, bring down dirty laundry, put away my clean laundry,

forgot water before dinner again! frustrating... I need a visual cue... maybe have water bottles set on table before eating.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:35 am

Good morning Dblessed! Hoping doggie is better fast at your house.
I need a plan for dinner.
H. put the trash out today.
I've fed the chickens.
:arrow:
Still have some need to do items:
Need to clean chicken pen. x
Need to wash sheets x bed has been made again now.
Mowing is done as well.
Still need to finish cleaning off table.
Granny duty is under way.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:26 am

is it hard to clean a chicken coup - do you have straw under neath etc.

wishing you a productive day d nancy

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:51 am

October 31, 2012 Halloween! Wednesday

bring candy from hiding spot :D

dejunk hot spot basement last week empty file folders (I have many and always thinking I need all of them) fell where I couldn't reach bc we had to move furniture while rug was put in. so today: I will toss these files as I have had them way too long and no one wants them. (one of those areas that I have too many of these - keeping organization stuff that will bury me if I don't get rid of it. sounds so silly that I feel like it is too good to let go but I will (wow 2 large heavy garbage gone :D - kind of embarrassing how many papers I kept that didn't need keeping. I am giving dh the job of going through the really important papers :P

Believe you can do it!
11:54 am.
I still have to vacuum in the closet as I dropped somethings that can only be vacuumed. but that will have to wait until I do a load of laundry, cat litter, and put away dishes.

cat litter - couldn't do it yesterday - done :D
go to butcher for chicken for tomorrow :D
started to loose focus by computer scanning. so giving myself a push and heading out for a second 1:10 You can do it!!!
towels washing waiting so that I can throw dogs bed in to wash
3:57 lights on for halloweeners (IF we get anything we rarely do)
4:26 pm chicken is cooking for tomorrow
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:55 am

Dblessed no straw just leaves and a few squash vines. It rakes out pretty easily actually b/c I've been doing it weekly so far any way.
No granny duty today.
Today I have to call in an Rx and check on some others. X yea for progress!

Laundry is my focus I think today. * made progress it's rounded up and first load going.
I've dumped some of the squash vines piled up in the back yard {after learning that the chickens did not like 'em.}
Qt / journal x
make bed x
Thaw out pumpkin. x
Move pumpkins & squash x
bring in free add paper x
s2s x
write and sent e-mail do dsis x
check movies x
:arrow:
check BWP
Work on dining table.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:46 pm

really interesting DNANCY. when i was younger I wanted to have chickens. I used to read up on them. the dining room table at your house is looking better and better each day!!!! keep up the great work.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:35 pm

A neighbor said that she uses cedar shavings for bedding for her birds. I've been thinking of getting some of that later found it at w-mart.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Nancy there are supposed to be problems with using cedar shavings for chickens. The first time I heard that was when we got literature from the hatchery on rearing ours, but I think I've read it elsewhere - can't remember. Do check it out and ask others what they think before you buy. I think they have a problem with breathing around it.

Dottie (new) is settling in nicely and has made a friend in Cicely. Penny (new) is unhappy. Somehow, Fay has dominated her anyway, even though she is so tall. Her friend is HRH, who brings her apple bits. We hope she will come around. HRH saw something interesting. When he had only gotten one piece of apple cut and tossed to the hens, they all came running, but the others backed off when they saw Fay wanted it. So there is just something about Fay - she is a power chicken somehow, who gets her way most of the time even if she is not the biggest or the youngest. I guess it's possible she's mean and we don't see it.

The lady was right that it is easy to pet Dottie. That will be good when the grandboys come.

My cousin with the truck farm has put up a greenhouse. I'm happy he is really settling in to keep up the farming for the long haul. I'm sure it will not be attractive, and it is awfully close to the road. But I hope the community will forgive him for that and realize it's great just to have a neighbor trying to farm at all these days.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:23 pm

Harriet thanks for the chicken news. Lost one hen today of old age I'm sure not too sad as she had a good life and I saw it coming. So there it's less crowded still learning how many works for the space we have here. I cleaned the nest boxes out and the pen floor again. I think I remember reading that some where about the cedar shavings. I was concerned that they would eat it but that's with chicks & I don't have any chicks at the moment.

Ours have been helping me clean out the freezer. I am going to see how they do with a half of a pumpkin/squash seeds and all one of these days. They like to eat bugs :mrgreen: and old grapes are their fav.! After cleaning the pen I nearly forgot to put in the ladder one loves to roost on top of it. I pulled weeds and one hen kept with in 2-3' of me so this is great for the grand kids.

Just realized I forgot some of the other nest boxes so will need to get out and do that in the morning. I'm reading about vit. d for hens now that's a concept. I felt much better when P. Allen Smith said his hens don't lay in the winter either seems to happen to everyone.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:41 am

Check out holiday prep. Thread Harriet has put up.

Return to “Cardfile Central”