Oct. Cards 2012

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Oct. Cards 2012

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:28 am

How are you doing on your Oct. cards?
Waving to Blessed who already posted this morning in Sept.
I looked in my Card file yesterday most cards were in my
H.G.P. Holiday Grand Plan section for this season.
Rake leaves but they are still on the trees here.
I put pumpkins and squash to decorate the front steps this weekend w/ dgd while she was here.

blessedw2

Re: Oct. Cards 2012

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:22 pm

hello dnancy..... HAPPY OCTOBER
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:36 pm

it's hard to believe the Holiday Grand Plan has started! How great you put the fall decorations out in front; I am sure it looks so pretty, DNancy.

today I woke at 4 am and did a couple dailies.
fell back to sleep at 9 am and woke at noon (wow)
the rug cleaning people are here and the basement looks wonderful again. they are still in our bedroom. I am tickled pink. it was hard to notice the work done with the floors looking so bad. I would love to have the floors changed to wood floors but we can't afford that at this time and we can't afford new rugs either.

I am thinking ahead for the month:
decorating of course for halloween :D
halloween candy (hide) :D
hanging the Christmas lights in the trees while it's still warm enough (won't put them on until the day after Thanksgiving
close the pool (late) above ground
clean kitchen windows
cover furniture outside :D
put away outside hose
plant bulbs
cut down the roses, put leaves and covers around them
protect apple trees from deer
cut down tomatoes and peppers
protect one tree in front from deer (they love this tree)

one item dh and I plan on doing: remove items around down stairs to 3 season room: we got a nice estimate on refinishing our wood floors (really bad because of our dogs and cats) - so the animals have to stay at the vet

also start thinking christmas!
birthdays & anniversaries
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:59 pm

I have a question. Does anybody use index cards for appt.'s? I find the 4 x 6 size ones are perfect for questions and comments. They slide into the purse tidily, they don't take a lot of room, you don't wrinkle up pages on a list pad, and cards are disposable, too.

I like cards because they're easy to find, easy to write on, you can rearrange them in special order, and it's a win-win situation.

For Oct. cards, I'm getting ready to write one today, to keep me on track with my month. :idea: Thanks for this thread and the good idea, too. :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:00 pm

Ivy I put stuff like that in my diabetic planner.

Pick up back yard. x
Move branches x
load utility trailer x
granny duty * = under way

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:21 am

october 2 tuesday

I have a calendar on the wall with my appointments divy and I keep it on my cell phone as well. it sounds silly I am sure but I also write my errands and appointments on a card for the day and carry it with me as a tickler and over view of my day

goals: for today as yesterday seemed to be a wash of a day.
room by room put away and laundry shuffle - if by chance I feel I have too much laundry I may force myself to the laundry mat to catch up. I know it costs money but I feel like I am falling behind as I focused on the basement before having the rugs cleaned.

dh and dd think it has been since 2006/2007 but I am pretty sure it was 2010 but they could be right ;) I have had service masters for washing my walls in spring.

habits I want to put in my day as it causes much of the chaos in my home: brush the dogs daily. (we may have 2 dogs but dh keeps saying that there is a bald dog or two hiding in our home)

wishing you all a great day. Dailies are in place to be done.

I moved dd younger's extra cloths onto a rack that I placed in the closet. (she can still reach it but her rod in her closet isn't packed as tightly)

errand: buy my dmom advil for her bad cold (she told me to buy her tylonel but she already had it) and drop off - dmom said she found some :D , drop off $30 at bible study :arrow: , get change for laundry and maybe go over and do laundry at laundry place :arrow: - dh said we don't have to do that but I will see- bring book or bills)

next: put away - as I said the other day i have baskets (yes baskets) of put away. As I was going through my things I took items that need to be placed in their correct spots and unfortunately placed them in baskets. (yes they had babies!)

my body is hurting today... and I am exhausted again but I CAN GET HER DONE!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:50 am

This month is Canada's Thanksgiving I think. K in C will be more up on that than I am.

Trash day card is up today. x I rounded up and dumped trash last night. A bit more to add today.

Fall Menu Card is up. I'm thinking about meals & menu planning for fall. I've been saving odds and ends of left overs for crock pot soups and stews. What's your fav. thing to make in your crock pot this time of year? I like to do up chili.

Groc. List card is up my newest version of this card is in my phone!
I need to add soup ingredients to it.

Okay wrote in PWYC today; Okay you are my hero! "I am feeling energized starting today. I finished up yesterday with 109 completed cards. So many things are in better shape than yesterday that it makes me want to keep doing cards... "
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:11 am

My dmother used 3x5 cards for dr's appts. Mostly the idea of what questions do you want to remember to ask. But also for meds/milligrams/how often, so there was no need to carry any bottles. Also, I think she realized my ddad needed memory help, so she would even put the dr's name on the card for him.

I have a card with my few meds on it and I grab that when I go to a dr to let the nurse see. She will then give it back and I don't have to make out another.

My dmother had everything on 3x5s, had her addresses like that long before I read it in P and P's book. Also to write down things needed from the store, etc. They would slip into my ddad's shirt pocket so easily - more substantial than paper, and his hand-shaking problem didn't make them noisy. (He has essential tremor, very common.)

blessed, that's exactly what I do with errands and appts for the day. If they are light, I will stick it into a pocket right on the outside of my purse. If there is too much for that I use my 4x6 mini-cheap photo album and have several cards. In fact there are always cards in there.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:19 pm

dharriet If I remember right pam and peggy remembered finding a book (after they wrote theirs) about using 3 x 5 cards from the 1930's - so cool that your dmom did the same!!!

all righty I am putting off doing work, I have been on the computer for 45 min. so off to take aleve bc my old body hurts lol
using every excuse not to work

so it is 11:20 am and now for put away - finally!!!
12:30 pm put away containers on first floor (I still have surface items to put away)
the kittens sat by the dw and refrigerator and tried to open the cabinets under the sink (we figured the field mice are making their way inside again as we live near a marsh and woods) so I emptied under the sink and sure enough - yuck mouse poop. this is where I kept my junk towels - I cleaned and painted it this spring. so dh and I have decided that only dish soap will be in there. so it's clean.
1:30 ran an errand pool place :D
dropped off books to donate :D matched dvd's :D
now for a couple more errands and to pick up dd younger
emptied two more containers: I have 2 left

picked up dd younger, ran to get dmom soup from 2 different places she likes, went to one pharmacy and they didn't have her meds so had to call hospital out patient place to find out where they sent it. Then went to walgreens but the meds i got turned out to be the wrong ones - the pharmacy made a mistake as dmom doesn't use generic antibiotics as she seems to have problems with them. thank goodness I straightened it out.

now to put away upstair things
buy the pool cover - hired someone to come and close it - expensive but one thing off my and dh's mind :D
the house is surface messy downstairs but I will continue on my dailies and put away: counters are clean
dinner and then surface items in dining room
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Harriet that's such a great idea and so much better than what I did one time was put all my meds. in a bag so when they asked I pulled it out and showed them. Cause I could not always pronounce it! LOL!

I need to move the clean out car & purse card to Mon. before trash day!

Return to “Cardfile Central”