Oct. Cards 2012

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Oct. Cards 2012

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:55 am

The pies were fully cooked when I bought them.
Found some lights for the hen pen in with the Christmas stuff I could not find red ones on a white cord.
Today I have granny duty.
Change sheets & Laundry cards are up today.
Spiffed the kitchen last night.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:16 am

errands run :D bought my dmom's meat for the beef bourguignon (she asked me to make a pot - it's an all day job - so tomorrow it is)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:24 am

I mean - to warm them up once they are frozen what do you do dNancy? do you defrost them and put them out or to you heat them up from frozen?

have fun with granny duty.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:24 pm

blessed, you have surely been busy! The scarecrows sound cute!

Nancy, what a good idea to freeze those marked down pies. I'm going to look for some. (We usually eat them right away!)
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:44 am

october 12, 2012 Friday: hoping to work on pwyc

I have been busy but my list is more than "I" lol can accomplish
wishing you a great day elly, nancy, and harriet!

one thing at a time morning for me:
put away projects and books (over due) ;) actually I thought I had so much more (maybe I have just been thinking of all the projects to be done and that's been cluttering my brain :D ) I have a couple drawers that I could dejunk but now is not the time. done :D

dh did the dishes this morning. :D
I went through magazines, papers and tossed. :D
Dh has to go get paper bags for yard work stuff :arrow: (I am getting them tomorrow bc dh forgot them... he has been so helpful I can't complain)
menu plan made early, cook books for this week put away for cooking :D

basement is next ( I would rather do laundry (who said that).) :lol: I have the men coming to take out the rug in the basement on Monday: time 11:28 am 1:37 I am done except for vacuuming and putting away one empty plastic box.

Next pick up dd - get pumpkins :D , dd has guitar :arrow:
put away in upstairs includes laundry, pictures (into closet where photos are until I can work on it), put away 2 of the containers from the basement.
need to bring rolling cloths rack to my closet

my future goal for basement: put exercise equipment in basement (hopefully buy cheap tv and dvd for tapes)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:35 am

I knew that's what you meant Blessed.
No pies go into the oven here on turkey day [unless it's the microwave] the oven is reserved for the turkey!
This is one of my pet peeves after a holiday fiasco dd's in-laws had raw turkey making room for pies on turkey day! :shock: .
Here pies are thawed out the day before and cut the morning of and if someone wants hot pie they just nuke it!

Today's cards:
finish laundry x
" " spiff counters in kit. did some on this
ex. x glad I did it in the a.m. while sun was out it rained later on
s2s x
granny duty x
cut h.'s hair :arrow: moving this one to another day.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:39 am

that answers my questions; I was trying to figure out how to do it!!! thank you :D goo luck with all your work today dnancy! can you come over and help me finish my laundry? 8-)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:26 pm

laundry... So second load of the day and because it was all drip-dry it has taken up all my hanging room. This is not making enough of a dent in Mt Washmore! I need to do some single-item loads I guess.

I happened upon CEO's advice to jot down "on my mind" type items any time you are re-doing your cardfile. That is wise.

The reason I was going through organizedhome.com is that I was looking for further info on her new book. Couldn't find that there and there are no reviews on the net yet either I don't believe. Just too early. Any way, going through that site reminds me it is very helpful for cardfile users.

That sounds smart for use of exercise area, blessed. Yes, definitely tv and way to see videos, either videos for workouts or tv for multi-tasking while using equipment.

Cut down bush card -
the prettiest evergreen I have is the one ds "cut down" several years ago. He left almost nothing but did leave enough I guess! It's crime was overgrowth, so I guess it has reformed after punishment! Dear me, though, wonder what those roots are doing under the house foundation if the bush looks small but in its heart it is a giant! :lol:

Children's room cards - dd needs one single card that says, "Hang up all unused hangers!" The girl does NOT see them. :roll:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Jot it down (what a great idea).
I like the card for hanging up the hangers (does your dd follow the card system dharriet). I know my dds never seem to notice them either.
I like that your little bush has the "heart of a giant".

I need to have 3 x 5's for misc. things I want to do. lists don't always work as they get made and I need something tangible to tickle my memory.

I am waiting for you to write a book one day - your humor and your writing would be so fun to read d harriet.

years ago I read a book by a woman with 10 children - I lost the title and have tried finding it for years. I wish another mom would write humorous books about children and families.

came home and dcats gave me a present - a dead mouse on my kitchen floor. (I know it's a sign of affection but boy I could do with out that lovely surprise).

JUst found out dear friend died. She was over 40 years older but such a wonderful woman. The world will be less because she and her husband are gone.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Sorry I vanished granny duty took over.
:idea: We made up mini corn bread muffins w/ pumpkin and salad dressing I got by mistake in stead of mayo. did this up for the hens they loved 'em!
Making these had been on my mind for a few days!
Weekend planning there is an open house at the feed store so heading there for some chili and ideas looking for a bit of scratch in smaller bags.
More granny duty an over nighter Sat. to Sun. so we can take grand kids to church with us.
House needs more attn. the kit. especially and the dining table.

Return to “Cardfile Central”