Oct. Cards 2012

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
blessedw2

Re: Oct. Cards 2012

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:14 am

Granny duty - so much fun dnancy.
Have fun with the open house and granny duty tonight.
cheering you on as you work in your kitchen and dining room.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:22 am

October 13, 2012 Saturday

clean out car
cooking day
10 am dd pilates :D ; if not raining 2 pm tennis for her (tennis cancelled until tomorrow)
errand: hardware store (dh hasn't had a chance to get the items I needed) :D , store for parsley and leeks :D , bakery (heard a bit of classical guitar) :D , dd ran a creme brulet (sp?) up to dmom , picked up pumpkins in the rain. :D
put away laundry that has been folded on my dining room table for 5 days :oops: I know it will only take 20 minutes ;) what I put myself through

hope to sew witches face today so dd and I can get the scarecrow up

I am trying to figure what I am putting off doing and hoping to focus on that before cooking. (I know it's my laundry - and because I don't want to do it because 1. it is handling individual items, 2. the work involved - I will see how long it actually takes.) 12:57 pm 1:17 it took me only 20 min :roll:

dh is resting in a chair on the front room, dd went upstairs to have some quiet. dogs are sleeping near me as I type.
I am not sure if I said anything - yesterday came home to a sad little dead female mouse on my kitchen floor with cats very happy for me to find it. I had left the crawl space open because mice always come in during the first cold streak. So the young kitties are mousers which is a good thing. I just didn't expect a gift on my kitchen floor
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:39 am

Car is cleaned out except for the trunk when we got the car oil changed this week they for got to vacuum it. I checked and asked them to do that please then they noticed the windows were not done either. I have had that missed before so I always check before I leave. Had to go back to have them do that before learning that it's good to check!

H. needs a haircut today.
Open house at feed store with customer appreciation has chili that will be lunch I think. We need to look into smaller bags of feed for me to be able to lift 'em.
Dgkids will be here for over night so getting ready for that mentally they can help with taking half of the kid books to the basement.
Yard & carport both need some serious decluttering so hoping to get to that as well.
Got the smaller coffee pot out of the pantry the bigger one is too tall.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:44 pm

wishing you a very productive day dear nancy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:11 am

october 14 dd tennis (cancelled bc of rain)
dh wants to go to church (so unusual for him but lovely :D )
dd to also go to dmom's and help her draw my great grandmothers kitchen for family album. (a home from the 1700's in Alsace)

Up since 5: laid down until 7
slept from 4pm to 5 am wow (I wonder if I am fighting something)
cooking day is pushed to today: feeling the pressure of doing it rather than the joy. I need to cook in the morning before the day gets started so I have it ready.
it seems once I get started on my day I get overwhelmed to take the time to cook

2:23 pm tenderloin cooked. :D not too crazy about the recipe so toss that one. make balasmic onions and caramelized onions to freeze (freeze for another day or dd wants it for sandwiches for lunch tomorrow
meat loaf new recipe is cooking, :D first set of dishes washing themselves. beef that has marinated for 2 days in wine and onion is draining, :arrow: next to make for freezing - chicken pot pie and chicken and cheese enchilada's, :arrow:
other: tomato soup, squash soup with sage (later add chicken and apple sausage) make tomorrow
beef bourg. will be cooking tonight all night on low. I will have to sleep on the couch to make sure I check it. low and slow cooking now :D
another load of dishes almost done :D

make mashed potatoes for tonight with :D
carrots,

:arrow: beets
oatmeal cookies
and apple muffins for the week.
leek and potato soup later tomorrow

to do finish scare crow with dd :arrow: dd fell asleep (she and I were watching america's funniest videos and before I knew it she was sound asleep :D
finish any put away in basement ;)
order tickets :arrow:
cut onions, celery etc. for cooking pre-measure and then cook :D

Things I know I need to do, not in one day of course:
(just on my mind)
laundry in the 3 season room... we don't have the time to do all that laundry (we are far behind); the laundry is separated. I would like to take it to the laundry mat on Monday.
Have dd call pilates to cancel for tomorrow so she can get to french chat
make shortbread tuesday
exercise
take my things out of the garage and place in containers for my closet
empty car vacuum before winter, get needed items in there for winter
vacuum 3 season room ?
put away

go through and let go item of the week: this week: embroidery thread
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:12 am, edited 5 times in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:51 am

Did not make it to the open house sigh h. was out of sorts.
No hair cut done either.
We did get the yard and carport cleaned up however yea!
Thanks Blessed! Wishing you a good rest day today!
We have s2s for church up next.
Gkids beds are made up.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:46 am

Hi dear nancy, sorry your wasn't up to par yesterday. Hope today he feels better.
I may try to post on pwyc to keep looking forward along with here if I get distracted. me lol

Dh went to church (his idea) it was so lovely to have him there! what a nice present.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:43 pm

I was bushed this afternoon napped and then got some energy back.
Finally got h's hair cut yea!
Cleared another stack of stuff off the patio, and carport tools are put away from the play house hen pen build I think that's the last of those.
Raked some leaves too.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:50 am

glad you could get to your dh's hair. Also a bit of rest is always a good thing dnancy
also happy you were able to work on the carport and patio!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:55 am

dinner:
Monday October 15, 2012sted carrots and par
tortelinni with pumpkin alfredo sauce, salad,changed it because I would have to make pumpkin bread with the remainder of the pumpkin and I don't want to :lol: ... left over meatloaf, roasted beets salad, roasted carrots and parsnips with herbs. apple pie tart

dd has french chat today at a local restaurant

need to make plum tart to freeze before the plums go bad later /

kitchen focus this week.
tomato soup made and frozen :D , beef bourg. is now packaged and frozen :D and two set aside for dmom with mashed potatoes in another container :D , squash and chicken sausage soup cooking done and now frozen :D potato and leek soup now cooling (I had leeks left over and potatoes) (instead of making a quiche I might buy a couple slices from the local store or from sara lee store for freezer)

time to wash the dishes from the soup when I come back :arrow:
washing themselves :D (3 times today :o )

parsnips &carrots roasted :D in refrigerator ready for week , celeric salad for dmom - she doesn't seem that thrilled so I think I will just make a salad of this, individual salads for week, boil eggs for week, extra beets to cooking - done in containers
I also have left over bread. (what to do with it?)

I am trying to remember the holidays are coming and the more I accomplish now the less I have to do or worry about come the holidays

I need to pick up dd, clean counters, sweep the floor and rinse, clean counters empty dishwasher, refill and turn on if needed.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Return to “Cardfile Central”