Oct. Cards 2012

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Harriet

Re: Oct. Cards 2012

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:54 pm

blessed, the guitar students are expected to complete the teacher's little form that has days-of-the-week with spaces for practice time printed in, and get it signed by a parent. The number of hours they practice per week must add up to 4. The teacher is very strict about this and if you are late with the form or don't have enough practice time signed-for, you lose points.

But... Yay!... the guitar teacher said the 3x5 card, prepared to replicate her form and signed by me, sufficed as a replacement. So dd got full credit for turning it in.

I can't help but think it carried more weight because it was on card stock - and I'm not joking about the "weight" either, :) I really mean 3x5s get more respect than slips of paper! I've always had this feeling. It looks like you took the information more seriously when you use a 3x5. I think that's why we ourselves mind them better. :idea:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:22 pm

yes dharriet those 3 x 5's mean business!!!!
so happy your dd has such a dedicated teacher!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:26 pm

reminder to self tomorrow is veggie cooking day (sounds silly but helps me stay on healthier eating) as best I can lol
blood test thursday or friday (fast)

dh and I took dogs to vet for yearly shots :D
I went shopping for veggies for tomorrow :D

I need to make banana bread from left over banana's
sew

ddyounger: music ministry leave at 6:00 gets out at 8:00 ish so it doesn't make sense for me to come home as it takes 25 to 1/2 hour to drive to school depending on traffic

call piano tuner today

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:46 pm

Waving from the library doing my weekly CI to see what movies are playing this weekend
also I wanted to let you all know I'm alive and well. Pc parts are ordered it will be down at
least another week or two.

Chickens are great have been letting them free range for bugs a bit in the evenings.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:35 pm

waving hello ~~~~~~~~ helloooooo d nancy

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:28 pm

glad the chickens are enjoying free ranging!

today was spent on the sick side. headache all night and stomach issues; dd also had a fever and stomach issues and stayed home. I slept until noon not comfortably - dreaming of headaches. - so headache is gone and I am still feeling in la la land. dd is up in bed, dh already had this and is asleep on the front room chair (so cute) and I am moving very very slow and sore. (but I am up - always a good thing!)

floors are clean for now... it never lasts long here. dh did the dishes and counters, and the cat litters (a nasty job that he has done two weeks in a row). :D if I don't do the work he seems so much happier and gets busy. ;) I figured something out he likes when there is not major work - i.e. painting etc. and that he does the day in day out stuff such as dishes and laundry. He seems happier, and I feel guiltier when I don't accomplish things.

hot spots are building: bedroom 5 baskets, dining room a chair of folded blankets and towels, a table with sewing items that need to be finished, car is a super hotspot (looks like a homeless situation where I am living in my car)

first goal: work on finishing my sewing as it is not too strenuous - Canadian geese flock just went over head (such a beautiful sound).
3:22 pm starting -sewed, made a simple chicken soup, and felt sick again so my evening spent on using tylonel on sleeping.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:47 am

october 26, friday. dd is home sick again as she still has a fever.
today she has a eye doctor appointment but I will wait to see how she feels later today. cancelled as she is sick
made piano tuner appointment :D

focus item of the day: clean out the fireplace and put ashes in the garden :D

It is beautifully chilly hear 32 degree. With being sick the last few days I hadn't realized my birch tree in front of my house gave up it's last leaves; it is completely bare! It is 7:46 am and everyone but the animals and myself are asleep.
11:00 am cute witch finished and up in the tree... with sign that said "don't text and fly".. I stole the idea from pinterest
cleaned up after my self (miracles do happen) :D
12:46 pm fire place has been swept and dusted off, had to clean the iron cooking pots on the side front of fireplace :D
2:41 pm dd is sleeping still - the fever and stomach flu got the best of her
carved my pumpkin and the 2 wee pumpkins for the hangers - put other items out and lights are officially on for Halloween :D
3:27 I haven't worked a bit.... dd is awake and feeling a bit better 4:23 PM dishes emptied sink clean counters clean :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Sigh ~ did not get much done on the kitchen today;
dining table needs help too.
I did get the hot spots done from the granny duty day I had yesterday.
Dgson is here now we are watching how the chickens react to a very rainy day here.

Thanks for thinking of my while the p/c was down Blessed!
I've caught up on posts here and in the Joy & C. threads, also the health and fitness but not in P.W.Y.C. or others.

My kitchen still needs more help.
I let the chickens out at noon when it started to rain I knew I was not going to mow and needed to pull up some squash vines it was interesting to watched what they did in the rain they were normal until it really started to come down when I watched from the window I saw them running across the yard to get under the deck where they stay until it was done with the worst part of the rain. They came to the chicken run a few at a time when we put scraps out for them. Dgson and sil enjoyed watching them! H. likes to feed them old movie pop corn after work. Rain the next week in the forecast not sure when I'm going to get to the mowing.

Waving to all who enter here in p/c land! :mrgreen:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Making a bit of progress here today yea for that!
Kitchen counters * = under way
breakfast x
cuop&e *
sweep kit. x
s2s next up

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:36 am

yeah you're back dnancy!!! the board missed you!

I love that your dgs loved watching the chickens, what fun!!!

those hot spots don't stand a chance against you d nancy... keep up the good work.

Return to “Cardfile Central”