Oct. Cards 2012

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Harriet

Re: Oct. Cards 2012

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:52 pm

blessed, my dmom never put household chores on cards, though, so that was a revelation to her. She had used them in her classroom though, like Cowinkie. What she disagreed with was that I wanted to type mine (did one of P and P's books recommend this?, because somehow I got the idea I should). My dmom thought I should have just tried to have my best handwriting and not waste the time to type anything. Ultimately I ended up doing both. Right now if I need a new card I never print it, but back then (with a "Selectric" typewriter, lol) you didn't have to spend time getting anything to print right, you just typed where you wanted the first time.

I take it back, I do have two cards with my own printed (typed) words right now. But I printed onto label paper and cut out the printing to stick to the cards. Works fine except a drop of water smudged one (ink didn't adhere as well to the label paper as it would have to the card). I probably wouldn't bother with that again, although they are attractive.

Nancy, sometimes they actually like you to bring the bottles I think, so there is absolutely no mistake and they see which dr prescribed, etc. So that might have been helpful.

Purse - what a mess I've had. It's still not right but I have worked on it. Coupons are getting messy.

Yes, tomorrow is trash/recyclables day so I need to be on top of that.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:05 pm

i believe we typed them as it was more professional thinking. I ended up doing both. I ended my daily cards (that I used to write on the back of when job was done) but now I have a different way but same thought behind it. I used to love the tape of the month club - I gave all of mine to Joy from a long time ago that was part of pam and peggy's group. I still have the Christmas one - it is now on CD and I play it every November to remember the season rather than the perfection.

Great job on the purse too dharriet.

? does anyone know how peggy is? I know she had ms but nothing has ever been mentioned, that I know of.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:09 am

October 3 - my 31rst wedding anniversary - I can't believe dh and I have been together for 36 years. he giggled and said it was 41 years lol funny guy

goals:
another room by room put away
dh needs me to sign some papers to get a extended warranty on my car
brush the dogs (I don't want to but trying not to be such a baby about it)
put items we dejunked out in front for garbage man (really nice guy)
need to buy dog food and more cat litter
get an outfit together for tonight
iron dd younger's ribbon for dress

believe in oneself to get things done

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:31 am

8:30 am I have already taken too much time on pinterest - so off to declutter some hot spots
dining room first
9:30 ish - not done in the dining room yet - I became sidetracked on putting my spending in the computer and ordered dmom's perfume For Christmas
10:28 am spent the last hour tracking expenses on the computer, did a major put away :D
next: work in dining room hutch :D
11:26 a.m. finished in dining room :D
after lunch work on kitchen
put away from down stairs to upstairs
put laundry to take in for tomorrow - dh said we could get it done but I can see that time won't allow. That's a nice thing about being on the system is that you learn approximate time it takes for many things. (not all lol)

soon: project to empty the cabinets for floor sanders to come in

add to list: pillows for guests
make food for guests for freezer
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:54 am

Harriet; That's a good thought. I only have one dr. and his was the only name. Called in two to get refilled last night as I saw I was low on one of my pills.

Today is cooking day here. I have some cookie dough to make up ahead for the potluck at church this weekend. Greens need to be used as well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:16 am

could you make dinner for me too dear Nancy :D
I know of someone who took a picture on her cell phone of her meds and placed it in her notes on her phone

today: dh emptied my car to get it worked on - so my dining room is filled with stuff (again) so that is my first job
also to toss laundry in.
I have to pick up dd younger earlier today

dh is moving all the garbage to the curb (lots bc of our donations)
10:00 am. ready to work.
12:54 pm need to pick up dd younger early from school. I think I will take her driving.
put away again. dh is washing dishes by hand.
dog hair is yuck - all over the place
mail done.

still need to: make dinner
straighten kitchen
straighten family room
wash couch covers for family room (dogs again)
still need to change cat litter for garbage day tomorrow
read my mail
order my medicine
wash more laundry - dh has car at fix it shop and my other car needs a new light again. (bulb changed 2 weeks ago)

dnancy have a wonderful day... soup is fantastic!!!
tomorrow is my cooking day.
I haven't touched storage in yard yet either (needs to be done)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:34 am

Belated Happy Anniversary Wishes to you and Mr. Blessed!

Love that idea of taking photo for the dr. office of meds.

Today I'm if you read PWYC thread you saw that I'm going to make up a gratitude card to remind me to do that. It will say Gratitude and number 1-5 on the lines with nothing entered on the lines to prompt me to think of doing that when I journal or even on my walk.

(_) Cup of soup for you!

made bed x
make pumpkin bread x
mix up humus x
journaling x
I have a plan for dinner. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:01 am

I love your grateful card! now that's a blessing I will add to my day dear Nancy!
have a wonderful day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:44 am

October 5th
a new day - isn't it wonderful!!!

today I am still struggling with surface stuff. just as I get rid of things - poof**** there are new things there! :geek:

so this morning before and after taking dd to school: kitchen put away and dailies
I love what Ivy said under decluttering-basically - wanting to have a streamlined home so to have less clutter, easy to clean etc... I agree with dIvy. It's so worth it - I have to remember I CAN DO IT.

THANK YOU DEAR NANCY FOR THE ANNIVERSARY WISHES!
9:57 AM. TOTH counters cleaned, emptied dw, refilled dw, weekly: washed cutting board with bleach :D
- I also need to clean front of appliances :arrow:
next: dining room straightening again grrr. :D - I straightened but the dog hair took over the floor. so I still have to do that
I made space for dh's bills but now :D
11:26 pm weekly sweeping under rug done :D (it's amazing how fast things can build up there)
laundry folded and laundry separated and flip flopped
next: toss stuff swept up, :D put away things in family room :D matched dvd movies to their boxes and put them where they belong (I AM SO TIRED OF PUTTInG AWAY PIDDALY STUFF ;) sorry had to get the one out! :D
put away stuff for basement. brought downstairs :D put it away :arrow:
dh got my broken light on my car fixed :D
dh is clingy to clutter decorating I think. great man but wants to keep things surface decorator clutter even if they don't match the room. he asked me why i took my books out of the front room... he had really terrible books in there ($1 store) but I let it go - why make such a fuss. but when we # 10 books on a coffee table it's time to clear down. Dh also told me that he buys books because they were $ 1 not 20 :shock: if he wasn't such a good guy.

tonight: dd has guitar at 5 pm
have dd take all laundry out of the bathroom (hers)
put away clean laundry in her room

put money aside each week for Christmas

future:
look at rug for basement
take up rug in basement
tomorrow: cover chairs and outside storage
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:26 am

Kitchen day here it needs dug out!
I have to pick up meds. that are ready as well.

Return to “Cardfile Central”