November 2012 Card file Central

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: November 2012 Card file Central

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Love that idea Harriet!

52 card pick up dropped the H.G.P. cards ~sigh~ there are not really that many some thing like 32 some are blank with decorations like stickers on em; they were in no particular order so I'm sorting out the ones for Thanksgiving. That I don't need.

Laundry is going.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:14 am

It is a good idea d harriet.
sorry your cards dropped d nancy.
yeah on laundry Too!! d nancy
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:24 am

november 25

planning day including appointments, cleaning, errands, exercise time, menu's and holiday planning - this week adding emptying out cabinets etc. for floor sanding and get dogs vet visit and cats while sanding is being done, paper work this week also

Breaking the week and the things I have to do into workable bites.

today's goal: wrap the presents I bought. enjoy the moment and redo my list for easy reading ,also not worry that my sweet potatoes turned out bad for Thanksgiving lol - I love to cook but lol a simple sweet potatoes recipe lol!!! really turned out bad to the point where I tried to fix it 4 times each time dd's and I laughing harder every time it failed until finally it went into the garbage disposal with us almost in tears because it became so funny.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:21 pm

First few cards today:
Journal x
feed chickens x
ex. done
breakfast x
:arrow:
Next up
make bed
chop veggies for soup

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:56 pm

I went back to sleep and slept with nightmares. so nothing done and I still feel wiped out so I plan on moving slowly and keeping it simple.
hi d nancy!!!

1. redo christmas list
2. wrap christmas presents

I had an a ha moment the other day that I have heard for so many years - re weight: you have to inspire yourself inside and depend on yourself to be your own advocate and push to do the work. (my doctor), I am good if I have someone standing by me but not good at doing it myself long term but I can see I am responsible for my exercise

tomorrow: dh and I go and get his present as he does better with what he really wants than surprises.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:33 am

slept all day and all night - I was very very tired. ;) nothing I can do about it except move forward

dh and I go shopping today for his present
i have to order one item

goal: dejunking day, animal care day, laundry keep up and keep up day

clean up my card file some time this week

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:43 pm

Do take care dblessed!

Today I've done the first few morning cards;
made the bed fed & watered chickens the water thingie was frozen first time that's happened. Our bed is made. The front yd. has been raked and leaves have been swept dgd is here so she "helped" glad she likes to do that. I've had coffee breakfast and journal is done. I have a plan for dinner soup is a good thing.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:08 am

I haven't been eating healthy and it finally caught up with me. Thank you D Nancy! So sweet of your dgd to help with the work. so so sweet

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:09 am

November 27 - I have men coming the 30th to move my furniture so I need to stay home and empty everything and take it seriously

So my goal is to stay home all day and pack and put in 3 season room

yesterday, I ended up finishing all but 3 Christmas presents. dd younger is thinking and d name picks haven't written me so I just have to be patient and wait.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:45 am

blessed, you know you always have somebody standing with you in the village here. Several of my dear departed aunts, both kin and in-law, used to use the phrasing, "we have to fight weight", or "she has always had to fight weight". I used to ignore that phrasing but now understand the imagery of a constant fight. Also in this day and time scientists see reasons our fight is harder. Toxins that didn't used to be in foods now are in so many and cause gain, for instance - we didn't know. Also we have not understood sweetened drinks well, and they undermine our efforts behind the scenes. Sigh. Well, we pick ourselves up and start from where we are, with the information we have now, at the place we are now.

Nancy, you are so blessed to have a granddaughter who enjoys pleasing you, and enjoys spending time with you working! My days of having a little girl are fading fast. I'm just so impressed you HAVE HGP cards! Never mind if they fall, at least you have made them out, know where they are, and are minding them! That's terrific!

I have been realizing my record keeping needs work. I've spent some time this morning working on H and F cards and record keeping for that. I think if my desk were straightened out and organized, cleared, everything would fall into place better. But the family uses my desk as a catch-all. And many of the things that end up on it are at the point of "last resort" - in other words, someone has already tried to find the right place for them at least once.

Return to “Cardfile Central”