December cards 2012

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
blessedw2

Re: December cards 2012

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:47 pm

hope you had a great Christmas Eve d nancy and Christmas morning.

dd younger is playing her guitar with her new looper which is what she really wanted. I love having music in the house.

dh is cleaning all the papers and cutting boxes from this morning. dogs are sleeping... too much excitement
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: December Cards 2012

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:10 am

Sounds nice dblessed.
Yesterday Christmas Eve service at our church had every seat full! We were not early but found a parking spot and seat barely!
I was feeling a bit puny today better in the afternoon.

Today h. cleaned the carport then family came it was a nice time glad we cooked yesterday. It went well.

Afterwards got the cookies baked for h. to take to work as he missed his day last week for that. I'm grateful for the energy to do that tonight and I can put that card away! The family was thankful to not have to deal with cookies from us b/c of all the sweet treats this time of year!

Nancy

Re: December Cards 2012

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Took chicken pics. today not as easy as one would think but ours are tame enough and :idea: I fed em first so they were doing that! Hoping dson can help me to upload them.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:24 pm

hoping you start feeling better today! d nancy!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:26 pm

December 26, 2012
I have had a very very relaxing day today... dh has been working like crazy - I should feel guilty but I am enjoying every minute!

dd older went to her apartment to clean it out. dd younger has to pack as they are leaving tomorrow for Florida

today's goal: that I can't put off.

dinner,
put away
especially bills.
monthly plans - add make doctor appointments through out the year. Do that Friday

dining room straightened and put away

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:41 pm

I've started getting the house back in order after all the family was over but there is more to do as per normal.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:49 pm

lol there is always more to do the get back to normal... lol
cheering you on d nancy

still working on my paperwork:

I got the book on CD: get out of debt book: and I am finding it very interesting. Since it's a sidetracked home executive book it seems to hit my thinking; just hoping it helps my actions as well.
She mentioned there is a little brat in many of us that "want" what we want and live like we may have at one time or beyond our means. I can't tell you how many times I have heard that little brat in me say - no one is going to stop me from doing what I want or my home would be perfect if I .... especially when it comes for going out for a really nice dinner and or an activity. I have learned the inner voice when it comes to the house (most times :lol: ) but still can struggle with the I wanna do this and not listen to that inner voice - I tell myself I can't afford anything (we call that Debbie Downer talk) and I am going to do it any way because "I deserve it" (that's the little brat inside of me). Very interesting. I will tell you all how it works.

First part of the assignment (my idea) to see what is currently calling me which is really "I WANT IT' rather than "I actually need it". too many times I get that mixed up. :D I have lots of wants rather than needs :lol:

For me: I had a lot of reminders this season of my ego calling me and God trying to help me see what was happening... helping me by pulling the rug out of me for certain things.

I spent more than I should on the white elephant silly gifts and they didn't do them this year... went home and laughed because God gave me this reminder to help me move forward from my ego and stinker in me. :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:55 pm

Thanks blessed getting on a roll here up at five with the chickens :roll: any way making some progress. ex done journal done dishes done bed made chicken run cleaned.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:32 pm

5 am - can't say the roosters don't want you up and running d nancy.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:53 am

You would think "I" had chickens and roosters at my house...I woke at 4:30 am and have had my coffee and let the animals out and fed. d dogs are asleep again.

I am doing a lot of thinking and planning here - mornings are always easier for me that way.
I spent my day, yesterday, on bills and seeing what I actually spend.. interesting and oh my goodness moments.
I told dh we WILL put money aside this year (monthly for presents and Christmas) and I am not just talking -we are doing at the beginning of pay day. He and I will start a savings account for that.

goals
1. kitchen - I didn't clean up last night or do any dailies yesterday as dd's were traveling and I was doing bills.
2 today: dh and I will look at bathroom and both of us make a list of what needs to be done and compare it and stair with one thing. dh tends to go elaborate in thinking.. replace the tub etc. but I just want tile grout repaired, and fix, wash and paint the room, and hang a curtain that goes higher. (get the room ready for what dd younger wants to do).
3. put the tree out

So today: dailies, duds, simple healthy dinner and put away of some of the Christmas - toss as I go.
put dd older check book items in a file
put dd youngest items in a file for her trip.

Return to “Cardfile Central”