Jan. Cards 2013

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Jan. Cards 2013

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:41 pm

WTG Blessed Harriet and all who enter!
I need to focus on some weekly stuff around here plus zone card is up this week it's outside yd. wk. in the sun 8-) can't pass up that opportunity.

I have a meal plan for dinner so that helps.
Exercise Card I've done a walk this morning it feels like spring out. Helps to reduce stress.

make bed X
A.M. routine
under way.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:59 am

Observations from dd's cruise
Seems like one would be wise to take sea sick pills don't know if they did or not but she said the first few days she felt it.
She said they were too cheap to pay to do laundry, we used to save coins for that when traveling had a stash of quarters.
She was not fond of getting up early for the excursions but it did avoid the heat of the day.
Cell phone was very spendy and she did not get the intl. plan when she went to the phone place before she left the gal talked her out of it for some reason must have been a new gal smaller ships do not have that with out paying an arm and a leg to use it.
The smaller ship they were on the food was not good.
SiL got the flu bug on this cruise too for a few days.
Dd had jet lag yesterday when I talked to her.
She has croud anxiey.
She was home sick & missed her kids [the grand kids are so young].
Sil had less stressed and it was good for their relationship.
Flying home short flights long waits connections might have been better don't know how though we are in Wa. cruise was from Fla. maybe taking one in Hawaii might be better but they had already been to Hawaii.
I think dd thought she got to lounge on the boat more.
The were on Carnival Cruise line on the ship Victory. http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/ca ... ctory.aspx
They did not make the reservations their friends did and they knew it was a smaller ship when they left.

Ivy I will ask but wait a few days until they've had time to process and regroup.
They did say that one of h's bro. told them about some spot to take in off ship and I'd seen it on one of the travel channels some fort thing and were so glad they did that.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:34 pm

Nancy, Are DD and SIL still glad they went on the cruise, after all of their experiences? Would they go again? Just curious. :?:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:08 pm

I have trouble wrapping my brain around the whole travel / cruise thing b/c of my dietary / health limitations.

Some of the other minor headaches were having to call the bank and let them know the out of normal expenses were theirs something that could have been done ahead of time dd said.

I've always thought a themed cruise would be fun like for knitting, spinning or with a church group, maybe to Alaska.

So I'd tell folks I'll mail you a snail mail post card do not expect me to call.

Return to “Cardfile Central”