Jan. Cards 2013

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Jan. Cards 2013

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:57 pm

Clear snow xxx got 2" here and I can't get the shop open where the snow shovel is so we've just been using the broom. Dgd & I had some fun in the snow.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:21 pm

great job on clearing the snow.. d nancy. glad you grdd had fun in the snow!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Back in from another round of snow stuff; it's rare here so dgd helped me feed the chickens on the path I swept. Glad she is getting use out of her boots I got Sat.! & That I can use mine as well. I was thinking about the Seasonal Prep. Card / Clothes & Shoes this morning when I had on the other boots. Saying to my self my others are insulated great for a day like this so the next time I went out I put those on! Dgson I nearly my shoe size so he wears mine when he is here as I have extras.

House sitting begins this week mid week so if I vanish that is why I"ll be thinking of you. :idea: I'll call it Date with Granny / Sleepover Card

Baking / Cooking Card is up we baked some cookies and I have some chicken soup in the crock pot. Great for a cold day like this.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:05 am

what a good idea d nancy!!! a seasonal prep card!!! If you don't mind I will steal that idea from you. Glad your dgd got use of her boots and you as well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:11 am

today is heavy cleaning day for me.. hoping.
clutter is king today in my home. surface clutter makes it harder to clean up.

1. clean kitchen (I left the big items to washed this morning.. should have done it last night), do my dailies in the kitchen, make soup for freezer, weeklies pulled: clean windows inside and trim, clean fronts of appliances and on top. no monthly at this time
2. laundry and laundry room missed yesterday
3. put away: dining room (right now there is laundry on one of the chairs) shoes on top of the hutch.. dh put them there (not the place) 2 bottles of wine I bought for cooking not put away, and a container of brown rice not put away from groceries. and mis. books. , front hall, find a new place for vacuum cleaner, vacuum 3 season room where cat broke a light bulb that was on the counter, put away clean laundry, ask d girls to do their own put away

store: bread, grapefruit, leeks, red potatoes 3 lbs. basil,

missed grapefruit oh well.

made dinner - soup is on low in crock pot (vegetable soup with pistou) soup is for the weekend
we are having tea sandwiches and caesar salad for dinner
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:36 pm

Make Bed h. did that today.
Trash day here it's at the curb h. did that one too, trash has been picked up.
Routine tweak here for the next little while.
I have a plan for lunch & dinner.
Granny duty has begun.
Hoping to have some good stuff to report that I learned.
No School on Mon. MLK day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:31 pm

That's right - we don't have school then here, either, and then Tuesday is a teacher work day. I already had it marked on my wall calendar beside the cardfile, marked with stickers that came with the calendar! :D I think we're probably getting to the point that I can go ahead and put in the next teacher workday too, because we've not had any snow days out of school, so the kids won't have to use it as a makeup day this year. Can also put in the President's Day school holiday, which is observed Mon. Feb 18. Gee, blessed and Nancy, the 3 of us all have reason to watch those school calendars, don't we?

Need to think what use can be made of the 4-day weekend, since of course we don't take vacations now that we have in-home eldercare. I'm thinking a clean and organized girl's room, for one thing! ;)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:25 pm

I was thinking these school holidays and other bank holidays could be a part of the she card files back in the day when I had kids at home we did these for theme dinners fun days to play for.

Have the dgd on the weekend and dgson during the week so will be having them here; no 4-day weekends vacations for us either! Dd & Sil are going on a cruise she was explaining it's a budget one and smaller ship so will be interesting to hear about when they get back. She has crowd anxiety.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:12 am

yes we do have to look at those school calendars :D

I need a dose of truth reality to help me focus: ;)
right now
dining room: laundry still in chair in corner, clutter on table, dd olders sweatshirt hanging over the chair dh cleaned it :D
haven't finish laundry room - dogs bedding washed
floors need swiping again as d dogs are shedding like crazy
kitchen looks cluttered even if the dishes are clean on the counter :D
3 season room laundry on the floor :arrow:

dd younger gets out of school at 11 really 11:30 ish and we went to lunch, then dd younger got a spring form pan, and then we went to barnes and nobles
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Guest Prep. Card
I was glad when I had a shirt for dgson to use for a pj top here and spare new tooth brush and mini tube of tooth paste on hand yea for being prepared!

Be on time;
Dgson made it to the bus on time he went early to ask the neighbor kids what time it came and then came back here I wrote it down and set the timer. I remember the P & P book said to get there on time count backwards add 15 min. & got to bed 15 min. early. We had time to get the bedding folded put away and spare mattress rolled up and put away too. B/C we got up early enough today yea for success! [We had time to go over some homework too.]

Return to “Cardfile Central”